Mad Cool 2023

edge235

Hopefully it isn't too busy - didn't have any issues at all last year with busy stages.

Got away with the clashes I was concerned about so hopefully it runs as smoothly as it did last year, hopefully they haven't left themselves too much to do with so little time before it starts. 

The locals protest against the festival seemed fairly big yesterday judging off socials.

Hooray for the timetable! Couple of nasty clashes though, primarily RHCP trampling all over the Hu. Really wanted to see the latter, especially after their glasto performance, but RHCP were one of the main draws for us. Tough one. Lizzo vs Nova Twins not ideal either.

Everything else not too bad, but a little worried about those 3 stages at the bottom highlighted as 'vibra mahou avenue'. Hope it doesn't mean they're further away as could mean a mad dash or two for us to get back to the 'main' area.

3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Hooray for the timetable! Couple of nasty clashes though, primarily RHCP trampling all over the Hu. Really wanted to see the latter, especially after their glasto performance, but RHCP were one of the main draws for us. Tough one. Lizzo vs Nova Twins not ideal either.

Everything else not too bad, but a little worried about those 3 stages at the bottom highlighted as 'vibra mahou avenue'. Hope it doesn't mean they're further away as could mean a mad dash or two for us to get back to the 'main' area.

Yeah that’s weird to me too. Especially because that cant really be seen on the image they released.

now ee have to wait for the map for god knows how long 😂 

4 hours ago, Akujin said:

Yeah that’s weird to me too. Especially because that cant really be seen on the image they released.

now ee have to wait for the map for god knows how long 😂 

Haha, indeed! Given the site's still under construction I'm guessing we'll probably get it around an hour before gates open.

11 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

2am finishes every day this year....suppose its to appease the locals.

Im used to it going on until 4ish if I recall.

Primavera goes on until 0600!

Not going to lie, after many weekends of festivals ending at insane hours I am going to enjoy this one. Might be getting old now 😅

The heat though, that is another story. 

Anyone already on site?

20 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I’m sweating bullets. It has no charm.

plonked in an industrial estate. 

grim

Should get better once the sub goes down but can be hard work until then.  Some quality acts over the festival but seeing the early evening ones could well be tuff.

2 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

What a joke. They have put a bottleneck that forces +2km queues to access while the actual gates are empty.

Sorry for the thousands waiting but I have jumped the queue.

I actually pulled a bloke with a walkie talkie aside and said “ this is dangerous, you need to change this”. He just shrugged. He was marshalling the queue with a few other supervisors.

I’ve bailed already. Walking to train station . A great festival in a lovely city moved to the arse hole of nowhere. I’m wandering around an industrial estate now with no signage trying to get home.

a kip of a place. They have absolutely f**ked it .

Sigur Ros we’re unreal though.

3 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

What a joke. They have put a bottleneck that forces +2km queues to access while the actual gates are empty.

Sorry for the thousands waiting but I have jumped the queue.

Never seen anything like it. We were forced to walk by the entrance 2km up the road, then double back , then bottle neck, then through broken ground ….as in broken cobbles, low hanging branches, gravel . The place isn’t finished . It’s an ankle break waiting to happen. In 36 degree heat. 

Dont go near the place tomorrow without a litre of water for queueing. even in ifema the last few years they had portaloos to keep you ticking over on the long walk up. This has nothing .It feels like a cash grab. Bare minimum in every aspect. Teenagers in hi vis vests with no idea. I had a few shocking pints pulled for me too from people who have never pulled a scoop in their life. I didn’t even know where the shuttle buses or taxis were when I left. I couldn’t find them. 

myself and the missus are here for 6 days….going to arctic monkeys in the 11th.

She said she’s not arsed going out tomorrow now. Will go to RHCP on Sunday at a push as it’s a bucket list for her….it’s that bad. 
I didn’t even see the main stage today. Everything is segregated.

there is no flow, no vibe. 

Edited by Drums Please Fab