Mad Cool 2023

edge235

1 minute ago, Gnarler said:

Festival officially starts next week!

We'll be getting the timetable this week surely too. Maybe, just maybe starting to get a bit excited.

Having the transport guide out soothes me a lot. Staying in Lavapies in the end so getting home won't be too hard it seems. Just so hard to predict with a totally new site. Currently committing to naivety but we'll see how it goes on Thursday next week.

Really hope you're right on the timetable front!

And yeah some proper transport detail is v reassuring, extended metro until 4am and free shuttle buses until 3.30am exactly the sort of thing that was needed.

Last year after Mad Cool I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer, thankfully I beat it and I'm back.

Still not received my wristbands but quite frankly I couldn't care less.  I can pick them up there.  Who cares about the way there and back.

Just live life, smile and enjoy it!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Really hope you're right on the timetable front!

And yeah some proper transport detail is v reassuring, extended metro until 4am and free shuttle buses until 3.30am exactly the sort of thing that was needed.

At least stage splits are up on the App. That helps a lot!

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Akujin said:

At least stage splits are up on the App. That helps a lot!

Didn't know there was an updated app, cheers for the heads up. Can't find stage splits tho, the timetable section just shows me the poster, no matter which day I'm on?

Edit: nevermind, found it - 'line up' is a separate section and lists stages, just in case anyone else is struggling.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Didn't know there was an updated app, cheers for the heads up. Can't find stage splits tho, the timetable section just shows me the poster, no matter which day I'm on?

Edit: nevermind, found it - 'line up' is a separate section and lists stages, just in case anyone else is struggling.

That's it. I couldn't get the stages filter working but maybe they have fixed it. What is seen from here is that they have not moved anyone up to replace Janelle, because there are only two acts on the Madrid is Life stage on the last day. Most likely meaning that they will look to replace her.

Lana Del Rey is announcing some other european dates before the 9th of July so that's a possibility...

21 minutes ago, Macca077 said:

Mad Cool have said to me on messenger that Janelle and Genesis haven't cancelled and any cancellations would be announced by them.

Lol. I guess that’s why both she announced cancelling her european tour and consequently Mad Cool removed her from the lineup.

27 minutes ago, Macca077 said:

It's what they said

Screenshot_20230626-210840.png

To me it just reads as “I can’t confirm what you have just said (because im not allowed) but IN CASE these were cancelled (which they were) we will announce it on social media and will try to find a replacement.”

Also Gayle cancelled LAST YEAR, and they never even mention it. (Ok much smaller name but still)

• Like 1

For the Thursday, the app is saying 3 acts for Mad Cool stage, 3 acts for Madrid is life stage and 7(!) acts for Region of Madrid stage. Gotta believe that's not right.

If we go by last years structure then just one act needs to move from Region of Madrid to Madrid is Life and we're groovy. Also looks like the 1975 will indeed only be getting an hour maximum. That plus the Rina Sawayama drama makes me believe the vibes might not be the best.

23 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

For the Thursday, the app is saying 3 acts for Mad Cool stage, 3 acts for Madrid is life stage and 7(!) acts for Region of Madrid stage. Gotta believe that's not right.

If we go by last years structure then just one act needs to move from Region of Madrid to Madrid is Life and we're groovy. Also looks like the 1975 will indeed only be getting an hour maximum. That plus the Rina Sawayama drama makes me believe the vibes might not be the best.

I think it might be right, and it's a split main stage where none of the bands overlap. Think they've done it that way before. It's also a 3 and 3 split on the Friday and 3 and 2 on the Saturday (with the third presumably being the Janelle Monae spot).

14 hours ago, Macca077 said:

It's what they said

Screenshot_20230626-210840.png

Good digging, still some hope then!

They've both been added to the app now too, although all the stage info has been removed so swings and roundabouts...

And tbh I think there's no chance of Janelle Monae given she's cancelled all her European dates, with the reason given being that she can't travel to Europe. But you never know.

8 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Good digging, still some hope then!

They've both been added to the app now too, although all the stage info has been removed so swings and roundabouts...

And tbh I think there's no chance of Janelle Monae given she's cancelled all her European dates, with the reason given being that she can't travel to Europe. But you never know.

Yeah...still hope...of course Janelle is cancelled. They just announced MIA.

Great communication.

Just now, MeMeMeM said:

Yeah...still hope...of course Janelle is cancelled. They just announced MIA.

Great communication.

To be honest...less then 24h before, knowing for months that Janelle is cancelled...and they have the balls to say "what you mean? If an artist is cancelled, you will know from us. If you didn't, of course is not cancelled"

A couple of hours lattwr

"We inform that Janelle is cancelled"

14 minutes ago, Akujin said:

I think they don't announce the missing of smaller acts. Nathaniel Rateliff are off as well. And Gayle, and I think a couple others.

Noticed that later. Isn't beautiful to see how that they don't give a sh*t about it? 

16 minutes ago, KJP98 said:

1975's slot is f**king bizarre - are they really that small in Spain? Surely will be packed at third stage against MGK?

Yes, I believe 1975 are relatevely unknown in Spain. But that placement against MGK might result in the third stage being busier than they expect.

Edit: big backlash against this arrrangement on Instagram. I didn't know MGK and 1975 would share that much of a common public. I personally have 0 interest on MGK.

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

10 minutes ago, KJP98 said:

1975's slot is f**king bizarre - are they really that small in Spain? Surely will be packed at third stage against MGK?

Yeah I can confirm their ticket sales for tours here are much smaller. They failed to sell enough ticket to fill small arenas. They struggled to even sell out 3-4,000 cap venues. 

HOWEVER, I think they have just as big a pull as MGK so for sure that stage is gonna be slammed. Also playing in full sun will be weird. Not sure how that show will look in the day.