When will Beans get a main stage set?

kalifire

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Mik Artistik. Like Beans on Toast, neither would translate to bigger stages and neither would likely want to do so tbh.

I know nothing about Mik Artistik, but this is true of BOT.

Edited by Skip997

6 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Might as well put Attila the Stockbroker and Biggles Wartime Band on Pyramid...

Mad idea - every year, promote one of these smaller acts who have been appearing every year for over a decade or even much longer to a Pyramid slot, say Sunday AM!

11am slot - no problem with that, surely there's no one there anyway, except maybe a few munters who've not been to sleep (except we don't get any of them anymore).

4 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Might as well put Attila the Stockbroker and Biggles Wartime Band on Pyramid...

I still do think that Biggles should have been given a slot on the Pyramid, but that was under very specific circumstances.

In 2015 after the the Foo Fighters pulled out, with the subsequent changes it meant there was a decent amount of "unallocated" time on the stage that day which they ended up slightly hiding by having longer than usual changeovers between acts.

Around the same time, it became known that it could be Biggles final year at Glastonbury due to Jock getting cancer (in the end they did play 2016 as well before he died a few months later). The festival easily could and I reckon should have carved out 30 minutes for them as an additional slot early in the day. Of course they wouldn't fill the field, but it'd have been a fantastic gesture and I think their sound probably would've scaled up better than Beans (or Mik) would.

• Upvote 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:23 AM, gooner1990 said:

I think he said in Glastocast his first gig as 'Beans on Toast' was at Glastonbury in 2005 when he just got up on an open mike, then in 2007 he stayed up all night doing speed then did his Leftfield gig on no sleep. 😄 

Also the MDMA song is after he met on a girl on the Sunday one year (no idea which)

I think he ties hand in hand with the festival, he's not missed one since 1997 and is a festival crusty at heart. 🙂 

The first chapter of his book is all about his Glastonbury experiences, a good read

4853CB41-4E6F-4A41-B660-6421C8B947E2.thumb.jpeg.d9976b6c943bdd18da1adf283386c385.jpeg

On 7/29/2022 at 12:38 AM, DeanoL said:

To be fair Beans can and does play with a band and they scale up pretty well. Don't think he's ever done so at G though.

He had a band playing with him at his Shangri-La (Truth Stage?) set this year.

Not sure he'd work on a main stage set though, not sure he'd get the crowd. I get the impression that when he plays G it's the same people going to every set rather than a new crowd every time.

Edited by Johnnyseven