Tramlines 2023 and Hillsborough Gigs

stanh

2 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

Tram or bus. They will all be very busy, but likely to have crowd control measures in place until everyone is gone. Tram is nearest to the site, buses of various numbers are likely to be restricted to stops c. 10 min walk away. Pretty much all buses and all trams go via city centre. There should be more precise info in the Tramlines FAQs page. It will be the same setup for AM.

Thank you so much, appreciate the help!

On 4/8/2023 at 7:49 AM, katie7 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find an answer using the search the tool. I'm going to the arctic monkeys gig on the saturday and staying in the city centre. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the easiest way to get to and from Hillsborough Park is? I saw that there are trams available, will they be running after the concert and how busy do they get? Is the tram the best option or is there a better way? Thanks

When travelling into Hillsborough from the centre get either the Yellow tram (Middlewood) and get off at Hillsborough Park stop or the Blue tram (Malin Bridge) and get off at Hillsborough stop.  If on the Blue tram make sure you get off at Hillsborough otherwise the tram then goes in a different direction. 

After trams will be rammed.  Either just queue up or start walking down the main road towards centre of Sheffield and flag a cab.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 1:22 PM, sheffinghell said:

Stage splits and additional acts next week - seen on Insta

Any confirmation of when splits will be out ? 

Was looking at line up again yesterday and there are quite a few Friday I want to see ......

Ashcroft, DMA's, Bloc Party, Sea Girls, The Enemy, Pale Waves, The Mary Wallopers , Dead Pony

11 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Any confirmation of when splits will be out ? 

Was looking at line up again yesterday and there are quite a few Friday I want to see ......

Ashcroft, DMA's, Bloc Party, Sea Girls, The Enemy, Pale Waves, The Mary Wallopers , Dead Pony

Not seen anything yet, poss Thurs evening like Y Not

Nothing out the ordinary. Shame I'm going to have to miss Pale Waves and Bloc Party cause missus will want to see DMAs/Ashcroft. Personally like the former, but not the later. Even so that main stage run on Friday is tasty (Circa Waves>Sea Girls>DMAs) and Blossoms into Courteeners is an ideal Saturday night! 

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

Glad I waited, the top 3 last year all played after each other but Bloc Party opposite Richard makes it not worth it now. Think Bloc Party are under selling themselves a bit on the same level as Katy B and Sugababes but there there you go.

I think bloc party fit nicely in that spot. Will be good counter programming and get a decent crowd. Becky Hill played against Madness last year and the tent was packed. 

10 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I think bloc party fit nicely in that spot. Will be good counter programming and get a decent crowd. Becky Hill played against Madness last year and the tent was packed. 

I think it'll put a lot of people off personally. I fully expected BP to play 3rd down until it was suggested that they may be opposite. I have seen both but it made a decent value ticket for us with The Enemy too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AM playing Mardy Bum for the first time in ages, and recently adding back Fluorescent Adolescent to the set makes me think they're getting ready for Glastonbury. 

Anybody reckon they'll bring something back for the home crowd at Hillsborough as well? I'm dying for When the Sun Goes Down and A Certain Romance. 

17 hours ago, James360 said:

So curious if anyone has found out or knows anything about “the Scottish flys”? Playing Saturday on main stage but nothing on Spotify or Google about them

Good spot. I don't think they were listed before. So, an act that can't yet be revealed for whatever contractual reasons.