Volunteering 2023

neil93

11 minutes ago, Pandabear7 said:

Where are volunteer spots advertised?

Not advertised as such - You just have to catch them when they show up on the Oxfam page.

If there is a batch then WhatsApp/word of mouth may help, but mostly they get taken almost as soon as they appear.  Just gotta be 'quick on the draw' ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, This_Fields_Good said:

Not advertised as such - You just have to catch them when they show up on the Oxfam page.

If there is a batch then WhatsApp/word of mouth may help, but mostly they get taken almost as soon as they appear.  Just gotta be 'quick on the draw' ...

Cheers is there a Whatsapp group?

43 minutes ago, CBR said:

Managed to get a spot at my mates food stall so the stress is finally gone.

Good luck to everyone still trying for spaces!

It's all right for some...
I asked my mate Elton if he needed someone to help with the flower arranging, and he hasn't returned my call !

21 hours ago, franks said:

Just got 2 spots for me and my partner! Absolutely over the moon!! Hopefully still there if anyone wants them

Huge congrats! 🙌 I know how hard you were trying and how much you wanted to go, so enjoy! The universe finds a way!

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity how often do you get Distill to check the website ? I’ve got mine set for every 10 seconds. Only installed it this afternoon as thought it would be far to technical for me to do 😂.

Edited by Field of Avalon

4 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Just out of curiosity how often do you get Distill to check the website ? I’ve got mine set for every 10 seconds. Only installed it this afternoon as thought it would be far to technical for me to do 😂.

5 secs with 6 alerts set off a second apart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

5 secs with 6 alerts set off a second apart.

Sorry to be a pain but what do you mean by 6 alerts ? Worried I haven’t set it up properly as not had any notifications come through of any changes to the website when there obviously has been changes.

10 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Sorry to be a pain but what do you mean by 6 alerts ? Worried I haven’t set it up properly as not had any notifications come through of any changes to the website when there obviously has been changes.

You can set up multiple alerts for the same web page.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, naivetyplay said:

Huge congrats! 🙌 I know how hard you were trying and how much you wanted to go, so enjoy! The universe finds a way!

Thank you!! I’d all but given up hope on Monday, started admitting to myself I wasn’t going but kept distill on and it happened! I hope you’ve had some success at getting in?!

4 minutes ago, Daniel445 said:

Apologies if this has already been answered, i must have scrolled through 40 pages. Are you able to leave the site as a volunteer to go to a supermarket etc? 

Yes mate. Tap in an out with the EPO band and carry your letter / ticket. It's easy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

You can set up multiple alerts for the same web page.

Yeah I had about 10 distill monitors tracking the same thing set up at 5 second intervals but all staggered, which did become a bit of a nightmare when they all went off, but made it more likely to pick something up! I also set notifications to come through the app on my phone.

It was hard being on edge for an alert at all hours I have to admit, especially after missing the 7am drop, but it did pay off so keep at it!

7 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

So is it a case of just adding the same page where it says add monitor ? Sorry to be a pain but my computer knowledge is crap to say the least 😂

If you're talking about the browser extension, then yes, just repeat what you did for the first alert and do it six times (or more even) then stagger them.

I select "Monitor parts of page" and then select the selection box for the festivals. 

I presume it's similar on the app.

Edited by RogerParticle
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Daniel445 said:

Apologies if this has already been answered, i must have scrolled through 40 pages. Are you able to leave the site as a volunteer to go to a supermarket etc? 

Yes but you are not allowed to move a campervan once parked up.

• Like 1