Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

14 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

I wouldn't print it just now, quite a few are wrong on it. 

Thanks I wasn't going to print it just yet but was just checking the settings were ok so I could check that it will print from my work laptop on Wednesday when I'm in the office.  

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

EDITED

OK I have the cure, it is not something I have ever had to do before so might just be a new version of Chrome:

In Print Preview select 'More Settings'
Then tick the box 'Background Graphics'

Your highlighted options will then show up.

and as Paul says - do not print yet, lots of changes likely in the next 48 hours.......... but after Weds evening it will not be updated any more as I am off line partying.

Thanks for the heads up on this.
image.thumb.png.fb3b00cbc5ac052654c251797376f991.png

Great - that works.  I just have to work out how to log into my clashfinder on my work laptop before Wednesday now - or change my password yet again!  It was so much easier when we used Chrome at work so it remembered my passwords, now we've gone across to Edge, I keep having to remember my logins!

5 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Great - that works.  I just have to work out how to log into my clashfinder on my work laptop before Wednesday now - or change my password yet again!  It was so much easier when we used Chrome at work so it remembered my passwords, now we've gone across to Edge, I keep having to remember my logins!

On Chrome click the 3 dots top right.
Click 'settings'
Search for 'Passwords'
Select 'Password Manager'
Search for 'clashfinder'
Click on the record found and enter logon to laptop password/code
Click on record found again and then click on the eye symbol next to password.

Your clashfinder password will now be displayed.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

On Chrome click the 3 dots top right.
Click 'settings'
Search for 'Passwords'
Select 'Password Manager'
Search for 'clashfinder'
Click on the record found and enter logon to laptop password/code
Click on record found again and then click on the eye symbol next to password.

Your clashfinder password will now be displayed.

I tried that at the weekend for something else and in order to display the passwords, I had to enter a password.  I gave up.

56 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

They were when you purchased them.

You will have got an email from Alt-tickets confirming your order and on that is a box to click to download them.

Hah! Didn't notice that.. I better go and dig through my emails

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I tried that at the weekend for something else and in order to display the passwords, I had to enter a password.  I gave up.

That is the part where you enter the password you logon to your laptop with - so whatever password/pass code you use when you first logon every day.

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

I don't have a password on my home laptop!

Have you tried just clicking the OK button on that box? That said as far as I recall any laptop needs  a password when first set up but you can, I think, not have it to log on.......................... either that or just try any 'normal' passwords you might use.

Hopefully you will get it sorted - or set up a new clashfinder account.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Have you tried just clicking the OK button on that box? That said as far as I recall any laptop needs  a password when first set up but you can, I think, not have it to log on.......................... either that or just try any 'normal' passwords you might use.

Hopefully you will get it sorted - or set up a new clashfinder account.

Thanks - I'm sure I'll sort it when I'm home - I only just changed my Clashfinder password on my home laptop but can't remember what I put!  I've tried the normal suspects on my work one.  No worries, I'll sort it either tonight or tomorrow ready for printing in the office on Wednesday (it is much better quality than my home printer).

And this is exactly why I started checking it yesterday!

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Thanks - I'm sure I'll sort it when I'm home - I only just changed my Clashfinder password on my home laptop but can't remember what I put!  I've tried the normal suspects on my work one.  No worries, I'll sort it either tonight or tomorrow ready for printing in the office on Wednesday (it is much better quality than my home printer).

And this is exactly why I started checking it yesterday!

Potential stroke of cleverness from me......

Go to print clashfinder and instead of selecting your default printer as destination select 'save as PDF' and then email that to your work email and print.

36 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Potential stroke of cleverness from me......

Go to print clashfinder and instead of selecting your default printer as destination select 'save as PDF' and then email that to your work email and print.

Ha ha!  Great minds think alike - I was doing that last night when I realised the highlighted colours weren't there!  So now that that's sorted, that's my back up if I can't log into my account from work.

Edited by Beerqueen

13 minutes ago, mikeydredlox said:

Considering getting a ticket but won't be able to arrive until Friday late afternoon - what is the camping situation likely to look like at this time?

Apart from last year it has always been fine - stewards will find you a place. BT say they have learned lessons from last year and the map suggests there is more camping space this year.
As long as your tent is not vast there will be space.

32 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Apart from last year it has always been fine - stewards will find you a place. BT say they have learned lessons from last year and the map suggests there is more camping space this year.
As long as your tent is not vast there will be space.

cheers

Got a last minute ticket to this and heading up on my own Friday morning. First time at Bearded Theory, usually go to End Of The Road and Green Man these days after years as a Glastonbury regular.

Quick question: my car is a VW Caddy, very small van. I have no intention of sleeping in it, and will have my tent with me, but the BT site states strictly no vans in the main car park. Anyone who's been before foresee this being a problem?

Also, any tips on best camping areas to head for? Hoping to arrive around 9.30am on Friday, and need to collect guestlist accreditation on my way in, if that affects which areas best to target.

Any other tips and advice gratefully received 🤗

24 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

Got a last minute ticket to this and heading up on my own Friday morning. First time at Bearded Theory, usually go to End Of The Road and Green Man these days after years as a Glastonbury regular.

Quick question: my car is a VW Caddy, very small van. I have no intention of sleeping in it, and will have my tent with me, but the BT site states strictly no vans in the main car park. Anyone who's been before foresee this being a problem?

Also, any tips on best camping areas to head for? Hoping to arrive around 9.30am on Friday, and need to collect guestlist accreditation on my way in, if that affects which areas best to target.

Any other tips and advice gratefully received 🤗

I'd be amazed if the van is a problem. They obviously don't want people sleeping in the car park but i'm sure i've always seen work van/transit vans etc park with no fuss so if its obvious you aren't camping in it i'd expect you'll be fine.

If you are arriving on Friday a steward should be able to let you know best camping spaces. Walton Woods tends to look busy as its the first one people get to and its nearest the arena but none of the camping is far from the arena entrance really.

Have a fantastic time. I have done plenty of Glastonbury as well as EOTR and Green Man and feel very at home at Bearded Theory so hope the same for you.

1 hour ago, ciderbus said:

I'd be amazed if the van is a problem. They obviously don't want people sleeping in the car park but i'm sure i've always seen work van/transit vans etc park with no fuss so if its obvious you aren't camping in it i'd expect you'll be fine.

If you are arriving on Friday a steward should be able to let you know best camping spaces. Walton Woods tends to look busy as its the first one people get to and its nearest the arena but none of the camping is far from the arena entrance really.

Have a fantastic time. I have done plenty of Glastonbury as well as EOTR and Green Man and feel very at home at Bearded Theory so hope the same for you.

Yeah, pretty sure have seen vans in the car park before but they definitely dont want people sleeping in vans in the car park after that fire at another festival a few years ago. 

57 minutes ago, Huckleberry Fat said:

First timer here probably asking a silly question. Can I use my phone to display the QR code for my ticket to get entry? I don't have to print out my ticket do I?

Thanks

I had an email from Alt Tickets last week that said please download, print or screenshot your tickets before leaving home to save time in the queue.

12 hours ago, Huckleberry Fat said:

First timer here probably asking a silly question. Can I use my phone to display the QR code for my ticket to get entry? I don't have to print out my ticket do I?

Thanks

Make sure it is downloaded though - signal it patchy so might not be abel to on site