Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

14 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Too many clashes...I am at the point I am seriously considering not bothering looking at the timetable at all over the weekend and just going with the flow. Looks like at one point will potentially have clashes on 4 stages at once. 

Sunday is a nightmare and I made it worse by taking some time to listen to Convoy Cabaret and Magical Sounds as well - the colours mean stuff to us but I think the amount of colour shows the Sunday clash nightmares!image.thumb.png.21b37a12138a351107206ac8c2cd53b3.png

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

You could be right as this lot did cause me  a few headaches trying to sort - I am watching their social media to see if any put down times

From what I can gather I see the whole day as being a bit like a 'variety show' almost if that makes sense. Jay coming on and chatting between acts with little breaks from the stage. Can see lots of duets and joining each other on stage with little regard for set stage times, more of a family get together almost. I also have good info that his Mum and Dad are going to be there (his Mum told me!).

Hi,  looking for advice on campervan fields. Do first arrivals get pitched in the woodland field,  is the woodlands field a good spot for campervans?  

The website states pitches are 7x7,  does that mean pitching a side awning is allowed?

Any comments on peoples experience of campervaning at bearded theory and any advice most welcomed.

14 minutes ago, DORAYME said:

Hi,  looking for advice on campervan fields. Do first arrivals get pitched in the woodland field,  is the woodlands field a good spot for campervans?  

The website states pitches are 7x7,  does that mean pitching a side awning is allowed?

Any comments on peoples experience of campervaning at bearded theory and any advice most welcomed.

As long as it fits in your pitch it is allowed as far as I know but as for who goes where and when, not a clue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

From what I can gather I see the whole day as being a bit like a 'variety show' almost if that makes sense. Jay coming on and chatting between acts with little breaks from the stage. Can see lots of duets and joining each other on stage with little regard for set stage times, more of a family get together almost. I also have good info that his Mum and Dad are going to be there (his Mum told me!).

I have  a bit more info so have updated this part.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

I think today is the first time this year that it feels like festival weather.  Hope it lasts!

Yep, defo, beaut day here, I finally got round to getting me tent up this afternoon. man its rank, not been seen since Glastonbury last year

2 hours ago, DORAYME said:

They fill the fields concurrently depending on the road traffic.

Plus additional pitches this year that have hook up so they will be filtered off to wherever they are going to be located too.

And yes awning ok if fits in your pitch, which are mowed 7m long and marked 7m wide. 

3 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Times on clashfinder will probably be out tbh. 

ta

on site next week then? ok to send updates like previous? pretty please

Anyone know where St Paul of the Tarantulas are playing? heard them on the playlist and Im intrigued, but cant see them on the line up. I dont need more to my clashes, but its nice to know

31 minutes ago, Perks said:

Kid Kapachi and Pizzatramp clashing, flip sake

Convoy Cabaret times are taken from last years times and this years running order added as a best guess.
Meadow times are those the Woodland used last year with this years running order added.

They will be out but it may not be by much or it may be by heaps.

25 minutes ago, Perks said:

ta

Anyone know where St Paul of the Tarantulas are playing? heard them on the playlist and Im intrigued, but cant see them on the line up. I dont need more to my clashes, but its nice to know

There were quite a few on Maui Waui that had changed from the original announcement so perhaps it was one of those - as far as I know they are not there.

6 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Sunday is a nightmare and I made it worse by taking some time to listen to Convoy Cabaret and Magical Sounds as well - the colours mean stuff to us but I think the amount of colour shows the Sunday clash nightmares!image.thumb.png.21b37a12138a351107206ac8c2cd53b3.png

Mine is similar. It's got to the point now where I feel sorry for anyone I haven't highlighted.

2 hours ago, Perks said:

Get there tomorrow evening, will post some updates but some stuff will be being kept off social media to keep some secrets till you lot arrive 😉

19 hours ago, Perks said:

That's a song Opus Kink who are playing in the Woodland on Friday afternoon. So many clashes. I'm beyond excited.

4 hours ago, Martbeard said:

That's a song Opus Kink who are playing in the Woodland on Friday afternoon. So many clashes. I'm beyond excited.

HAHAHA, sound, cheers, i had the playlist going, and quickly looked thought it was a band.

Nice one, wonder why they'll be clashing with

On 5/13/2023 at 2:38 PM, Paul ™ said:

They fill the fields concurrently depending on the road traffic.

Plus additional pitches this year that have hook up so they will be filtered off to wherever they are going to be located too.

And yes awning ok if fits in your pitch, which are mowed 7m long and marked 7m wide. 

I hope nobody minds me piggybacking this post. We are one party staying in a campervan, but coming in seperately in the camper and one car. Does anyone know how the two people in the car gain access to the campervan field after they have parked up. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by Huckleberry Fat
spelling

54 minutes ago, Huckleberry Fat said:

I hope nobody minds me piggybacking this post. We are one party staying in a campervan, but coming in seperately in the camper and one car. Does anyone know how the two people in the car gain access to the campervan field after they have parked up. Any advice would be much appreciated.

If they are on foot from the main car park just walk through wristband exchange (getting wristbands on the way) then keep straight through the camping fields. You will arrive with accessible camping on LHS (if in same place). CV fields are off to the RHS but I would get those you are with to meet you on the corner as you leave the camping fields otherwise finding them will be hard.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

If they are on foot from the main car park just walk through wristband exchange (getting wristbands on the way) then keep straight through the camping fields. You will arrive with accessible camping on LHS (if in same place). CV fields are off to the RHS but I would get those you are with to meet you on the corner as you leave the camping fields otherwise finding them will be hard.

Thanks for the info. So we don't need a seperate wristband to get into the CV fields? 

What is the state of the ground at the site? I think the build started today?

I've just remembered my wellies died a couple of years ago (didn't need them at BT last year) I have a pair in my Amazon shopping basket (cheapo Dunlops) along with some reproofing spray for the tent and some spare tent pegs as I seem to be a bit down on them. 

Excitement is starting to build.