Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

On 7/28/2023 at 6:08 PM, Mr Carbohydrate said:

100% no harm in trying to sneak booze in.  The pouches kelstar posted are what we use, but always take home to re-use at next fest 🤣 do buy beer/soft drinks in the venue, but these are ideal for a few cheeky jack daniels.

Yes!! We managed to get Spiced Rum in last year. Mixed amazingly well with the slushies they were selling.

On 7/28/2023 at 6:08 PM, Mr Carbohydrate said:

100% no harm in trying to sneak booze in.  The pouches kelstar posted are what we use, but always take home to re-use at next fest 🤣 do buy beer/soft drinks in the venue, but these are ideal for a few cheeky jack daniels.

We use the pouches and take in Gin and Rum.  Always have a few Pints inside and obviously purchase the mixers.

3 hours ago, Frangipane said:

More rooms have been released at Greetham Street Hall, £220 for a double room, three nights.

https://onlinestore.port.ac.uk/browse/product-selection?product-token=1943c510aeeb4acdd0eac3b738603a5a

hi has anyone stayed here before? how far to walk to festival site and do rooms have own bathrooms.cheers

3 hours ago, retrokev said:

hi has anyone stayed here before? how far to walk to festival site and do rooms have own bathrooms.cheers

I've only stayed at Rees Hall, but I know Greetham Street Hall rooms are ensuite. About a 30 minute walk. It's very near Portsmouth and Southsea train station. 

Screenshot_20230810_012736_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230810_012729_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230810_013036_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Frangipane
Adding image

20 hours ago, Frangipane said:

I've only stayed at Rees Hall, but I know Greetham Street Hall rooms are ensuite. About a 30 minute walk. It's very near Portsmouth and Southsea train station. 

20 hours ago, Frangipane said:

well just cause of price i have booked.was on seafront for£596 but for £280 for 4 nights i cant resist and save myself a packet

58 minutes ago, s30foster said:

Sorry if discussed before but....big old gap between Stone and Inspiral Carpets on the Castle Stage on Sat afternoon. Anyone know anything about this? 

I mentioned it before and it doesn’t appear that anyone has dropped out so guessing an addition must be coming (one on Sunday morning I think too at 11 ish). Without looking I think Cian Ducrot and Crawlers are in the same spots the other day so could be a reasonable sized act

• Like 1

I think following on from Sam Fender the other year, the extra space will be pretty good tbf. 

Had a quick look at the shuttle service from Lakeside as I don't mind queuing and doing a quick walk home rather than stomping all the way to Fratton station with the kids in tow. Was going to be like £100 for the weekend. f**k that. I'll take my chances with the number 23 bus instead for £2 each way, lol. 

1 hour ago, WhatADin said:

I think following on from Sam Fender the other year, the extra space will be pretty good tbf. 

Had a quick look at the shuttle service from Lakeside as I don't mind queuing and doing a quick walk home rather than stomping all the way to Fratton station with the kids in tow. Was going to be like £100 for the weekend. f**k that. I'll take my chances with the number 23 bus instead for £2 each way, lol. 

Have you heard anything about bus strikes that weekend? My friend was on a bus the other day, and sent me a message saying they are striking, but not seen any more info.

I'm on the 23 bus route, near the campsite......so pleased Fridays and Saturday they run till 01.30 am...just Sunday to work out x

Edited by kelstar

On 8/11/2023 at 11:20 AM, kelstar said:

Have you heard anything about bus strikes that weekend? My friend was on a bus the other day, and sent me a message saying they are striking, but not seen any more info.

I'm on the 23 bus route, near the campsite......so pleased Fridays and Saturday they run till 01.30 am...just Sunday to work out x

I've heard First are on strike
https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-events/news/2023/august/solent-braced-for-bank-holiday-weekend-bus-strikes-as-first-south-workers-walk-out/

Thank goodness Stagecoach is the superior bus route. (Solidarity with First Bus mind!)

3 hours ago, WhatADin said:

I've heard First are on strike
https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-events/news/2023/august/solent-braced-for-bank-holiday-weekend-bus-strikes-as-first-south-workers-walk-out/

Thank goodness Stagecoach is the superior bus route. (Solidarity with First Bus mind!)

That year it snowed and all First Bus got cancelled….and Stagecoach were still running!

Be okay getting to Victorious, however coming home will be another story, Everyone will use our bus 🤦‍♀️

A couple of pics of the site build I took this morning.

The main stage is definitely further back. For anyone that knows the site you’ll know there is a tarmac path through the middle of the common that went quite close to the main stage. The first photo is taken from that path at the point where it used to be closest. Now it’s way behind the desk. 

IMG_7556.jpeg

IMG_7560.jpeg

IMG_7554.jpeg

Oh wow that is REALLY far back isn't it? I'm interested to see what happens with the infrastructure around the site/transport etc. I can't see how the organisers won't have been ripped a new one by PCC for not offering parking provisions. 

Edited by WhatADin

SO, with first bus out of action and the trains out of action what are people who live in Pompey doing for travel?

I live right by Lakeside but the thought of dropping, no word of a lie £120, for an 8 mile round trip each day for a family of four is insane. I mean, a weekend bus ticket for the entire Isle of Wight was £30 or something. 

However, I've not had much luck with the buses that were laid on in the past and had several buses drive past me full.