Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

Just over 1 month to go!!!

Has anyone considered alternatives to the car park other than shuttle bus?  Victorious have a poor reputation for running the buses to campsite / park and ride in previous years and without a car park on site this year you will have x10 the volume of people needing to get away from southsea. 

5 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Just over 1 month to go!!!

Has anyone considered alternatives to the car park other than shuttle bus?  Victorious have a poor reputation for running the buses to campsite / park and ride in previous years and without a car park on site this year you will have x10 the volume of people needing to get away from southsea. 

At this rate we'll end up walking back to the North of the Island 😆 

On 7/18/2023 at 9:26 AM, sisco said:

Not long to go now people.  Have you all got your plans in place?

Rescued a puppy a couple weeks ago....now have the additional stress of trying to find someone to look after it for Victorious weekend. Doh!! Still, she's beautiful and totally worth it. 

On 6/22/2023 at 2:20 PM, kelstar said:

Dodgy in what way? Im a local, and there are a few others who post on here, if its the area, maybe we can give you reassurances. If its the Airbnb, we probably cant help.

Apologies, I never saw this post so replying 1 month late! It just had some crap reviews - they ended up cancelling the booking as they were already fully booked anyway so still looking for some accommodation last minute. Fingers crossed there are some returns for the student accommodation or we'll be paying £300pn for some dive in Gosport! 😄

8 minutes ago, mattiosmith said:

Apologies, I never saw this post so replying 1 month late! It just had some crap reviews - they ended up cancelling the booking as they were already fully booked anyway so still looking for some accommodation last minute. Fingers crossed there are some returns for the student accommodation or we'll be paying £300pn for some dive in Gosport! 😄

No worries. Facebook has a Victorious page "Victorious Festival (Chat, Banter and Information)" Lots of advice about where to stay including people offering rooms etc.......although there is some dodgy adverts too xx

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sisco said:

Did someone pull out or has there always been a 90 mins gap between Stone and Inspiral Carpets? 

Surely another act to announce!!

Can’t think of who might have pulled out but that’s certainly an odd gap.

Do they ever have any secret sets?

8 hours ago, Dales said:

Can’t think of who might have pulled out but that’s certainly an odd gap.

Do they ever have any secret sets?

Not that I know of.  Looks like an exact 30 mins slot is missing.  It’s the same time as Crawlers and Cian Ducrot are so won’t be anyone too big but might be an act we’ve heard of

On 7/23/2023 at 8:07 AM, sisco said:

Not that I know of.  Looks like an exact 30 mins slot is missing.  It’s the same time as Crawlers and Cian Ducrot are so won’t be anyone too big but might be an act we’ve heard of

I guess its still awhile until the festival and so plenty of time to slot someone in. They might announce nearer the festival if and as they announce last minute replacements if anyone pulls out.

15 hours ago, Dales said:

I guess it’s still awhile until the festival and so plenty of time to slot someone in. They might announce nearer the festival if and as they announce last minute replacements if anyone pulls out.

It’s just weird that they didn’t seem to have anyone for that random spot.   I’m hoping it’s someone I like as I don’t have a clash at that time 

6 hours ago, sisco said:

It’s just weird that they didn’t seem to have anyone for that random spot.   I’m hoping it’s someone I like as I don’t have a clash at that time 

Someone like Kid Kapichi or Chappaqua Wrestling would be fun or maybe The Last Dinner Party. Maybe someone who is getting more popular but not huge. Anyway its fun trying to guess.

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Someone like Kid Kapichi or Chappaqua Wrestling would be fun or maybe The Last Dinner Party. Maybe someone who is getting more popular but not huge. Anyway its fun trying to guess.

The Lat Dinner party were great at glasto

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

The Lat Dinner party were great at glasto

They seem to be playing every where accept Victorious this year. I have seen them twice in the last few weeks at BST and Truck. They seem to be going down well every where, so if free could be a good time to get them at a good price.

5 minutes ago, Dales said:

They seem to be playing every where accept Victorious this year. I have seen them twice in the last few weeks at BST and Truck. They seem to be going down well every where, so if free could be a good time to get them at a good price.

Doing exceptionally considering they’d released 1 song.  Proper industry push

Was just having a look at the lineup and it seems there’s an opener missing for the Sunday on the castle stage alongside the gap before Inspiral Carpets on the Saturday so we should get a couple more acts (in theory)

Also of course no doubt at least 1 person has pulled out, possibly Wunderhorse as they’re not playing Kendall anymore 

For those with the app.....Map gone live again, this time, its has nearly everything on there.

Most things in same places. Comedy Tent has moved to back of common stage, and Common Stage moved further back.

Looking forward to seeing if the Find my friends function works, considering for the last 10 years its been a mobile Blackspot.

Edited by kelstar

On 7/24/2023 at 5:56 PM, kelstar said:

Judging by the ground during the headliners, most people managed it.

These were everywhere lol

IMG_2073.jpeg

100% no harm in trying to sneak booze in.  The pouches kelstar posted are what we use, but always take home to re-use at next fest 🤣 do buy beer/soft drinks in the venue, but these are ideal for a few cheeky jack daniels.

On 7/28/2023 at 10:49 AM, kelstar said:

Looking forward to seeing if the Find my friends function works, considering for the last 10 years its been a mobile Blackspot.

I’ve never understood why festival app designers put so much energy into

functions in that rely on your mobile signal / 4G / 5G being available on site when the site is a black spot. 

On 7/29/2023 at 1:06 PM, rseamer said:

I’ve never understood why festival app designers put so much energy into

functions in that rely on your mobile signal / 4G / 5G being available on site when the site is a black spot. 

Agreed....My fav one, is the little kids wristbands......you write you phone number on a wristband, in case your kid goes missing.

Most of the app is set up before Victorious etc.....its just interested if the finding friends option works.