Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

20 hours ago, sisco said:

Jamiraqoui, Raye, Friendly Fires, Jake Bugg, Circa Waves, Mae Muller, Cian Ducrot, Blossoms, Katy J Pearson

Pete Tong, The Charlatans, Katy B, The View, Billy Nomates, Wunderhorse

Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Belle & Sebastian, The Coral, Kate Nash, Inspiral Carpets, Natalie Imbruglia

Alt J, The Divine Comedy, Amyl & The Sniffers, Pale Waves, Shame

Mumford & Sons, Ben Howard, Sigrid, The Vaccines, Johnny Maar, Heather Small, Crawlers, Gabrielle Climi, Hard Fi

Ellie Goulding, Sea Girls, The Enemy, Dylan, The Go Team

Something like that seems reasonably likely to me.  Obvs add an act here and there. 

So based on that assumption only 5/6 bands announced for castle stage each day.  Could be a couple of nice surprises each day still?

33 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

So based on that assumption only 5/6 bands announced for castle stage each day.  Could be a couple of nice surprises each day still?

No that’s because I didn’t fill the bottom ones.  As i said previously there’s more than enough acts already that the Common and Castle are already full

I think there is a possibility of a few more added. They did two late additions for afternoons on acoustic last year, and they proved very popular.

Plus last year the poster had Full line up on Castle & Main stage, which is 20 acts normally as sisco said. Only the headliner for Beats was on the poster last year, this year we have 2/3 acts each day on poster. And we had 4 acts, including headliner for acoustic.

I think there room for a few surprises, but I dont think its going to be anything to big.

Edited by kelstar
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

Wonder who will replace The View…

Thanks for posting that as it prompted me to check out their social media. My partner picked up tickets for tonights show from twickets. So, we might not have got notification that tonights show was cancelled.

Facebook does not give a reason why tonights show was cancelled. 

May be an image of crowd and text that says ""UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE HAVING TO POSTPONE TONIGHT'S LONDON SHOW. OUR PROMOTER IS WORKING TO RESOLVE THE SITUATION. PLEASE KEEP HOLD OF YOUR TICKETS FOR NOW AND WE WILL MAKE A FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT IN INA A FEW DAYS. MASSIVE APOLOGIES TO ALL FANS." OUR THE VIÊW"

Is it official they have pulled out then? B e gutted if they do as was looking forward to seeing after all this time.Was a big fan in the day. Sad to see Kyle is still suffering with mental health and hope he not come off wagon .Jamie used to sing alot with kyle, so maybe can understand tensions.

Edited by retrokev

1 minute ago, Dales said:

Thanks for posting that as it prompted me to check out their social media. My partner picked up tickets for tonights show from twickets. So, we might not have got notification that tonights show was cancelled.

Facebook does not give a reason why tonights show was cancelled. 

May be an image of crowd and text that says ""UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE HAVING TO POSTPONE TONIGHT'S LONDON SHOW. OUR PROMOTER IS WORKING TO RESOLVE THE SITUATION. PLEASE KEEP HOLD OF YOUR TICKETS FOR NOW AND WE WILL MAKE A FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT IN INA A FEW DAYS. MASSIVE APOLOGIES TO ALL FANS." OUR THE VIÊW"

kyle punched jamie and then jamie walked off .kyle played half set and got jamie back on and walked off stating that could only  be 1 lead singer .

24 minutes ago, retrokev said:

kyle punched jamie and then jamie walked off .kyle played half set and got jamie back on and walked off stating that could only  be 1 lead singer .

Oh dear, hopefully they will at least want to do a few gigs to promote the new album. So, maybe they will want to do the festival gigs? But its going to be a case of watching expecting to see a car crash and not the joyous celebration of their music we are wanting.

More than a little dissapointed this was cancelled as I did not try for Vaccines tickets for tonight at the Sebright Arms as we all ready had tickets for The View at Oslo.

3 hours ago, retrokev said:

Pretty sure it was Kieran that Kyle lamped.  Usually kyle plays guitar and sings but for a few tunes when the bass is a bit trickier (skag trendy), they swap and Kieran takes on vocals.  Kieran’s a top bloke but Kyle is 90% of the talent in the band, reckon he’s just a bit pissed off after playing on his own for a while and now sharing the stage with some folk!

I reckon they’ll be fine for vic.  Any publicity is good publicity right?! 😬

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Pretty sure it was Kieran that Kyle lamped.  Usually kyle plays guitar and sings but for a few tunes when the bass is a bit trickier (skag trendy), they swap and Kieran takes on vocals.  Kieran’s a top bloke but Kyle is 90% of the talent in the band, reckon he’s just a bit pissed off after playing on his own for a while and now sharing the stage with some folk!

I reckon they’ll be fine for vic.  Any publicity is good publicity right?! 😬

yep your right .dont now where jamie came from.hope they ok for vic,was gonna b one of my highlights

17 hours ago, retrokev said:

yep your right .dont now where jamie came from.hope they ok for vic,was gonna b one of my highlights

Always put on an entertaining show one way or another! Same, they were a Friday stick on for me.  Hoping the charlatans get a decent length set as they could reel out classics for hours 

2 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Always put on an entertaining show one way or another! Same, they were a Friday stick on for me.  Hoping the charlatans get a decent length set as they could reel out classics for hours 

to right.last time they were there ,massive crowd and full on hits

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

the view will be playing the festival circuit and gigs this year.

Yeah just saw this from the boys… “brotherly bust up” 🤣🤣🤣 to be fair my boys have “brotherly bust ups” all the time, just not on stage in front of a hundred folk 🙈

good to hear 👍

6ABA8A6E-5FD1-4D64-B8C1-A0D52208C7BA.jpeg