Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

2 minutes ago, retrokev said:

willbe thhe who and ashcroft as sub i think

Tbf as others have said it makes them less likely. Also there’s already a sub on the poster (Ellie Goulding).  Actually looks like the top 4 is TBC, Ellie, Sigrid, Vaccines 

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

Tbf as others have said it makes them less likely. Also there’s already a sub on the poster (Ellie Goulding).  Actually looks like the top 4 is TBC, Ellie, Sigrid, Vaccines 

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

if thats the case would be a pop/dance act and maybe female?

1 minute ago, retrokev said:

why ellie would be sub though and you thought sigrid was castle headliner,so down to 3rd is a jump

Because Ben Howard is now the castle header and sigrid won’t be up against Ellie Goulding so must be 2nd and 3rd

5 minutes ago, retrokev said:

have not a clue.normally by now you can pretty much say,but stumped this year.you?

You said you think that’s wrong?

Personally think:

Jamiraqoiui, Friendly Fires, The Charlatans

Pete Tong, Jake Bugg

Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, The Divine Comedy

Alt J, Belle & Sebastian

??, Ellie Goulding, Sigrid, The Vaccines

Ben Howard, Sea Girls, Johnny Maar

In regards to who is the missing headliner, it really wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Florence & the Machine.  Not listen as an exclusive at Boardmasters unlike Liam

Edited by sisco

Just now, roonboyz08 said:

Any thoughts on Tom Jones as Sun headliner. Held back due to his UK tour announced in Feb and wants to sell it 1st, tour also ends in August. I know he did IOW last year, so will do festivals. Just throwing it out there.

Yeah… no chance 

Throwing this out there......what if they gone with a Pop or Dance act for the Final Headliner, with Ellie & Sigid before them. May seem crazy suggestion, but look what happened on the Castle Stage with Sophie Ellis Bextor and Becky Hill. .It was rammed.

Anyone who went to Victorious in 2017 remember how crazy the Sunday afternoon special act Ro90'S was, they were on the common and it was crazy. Maybe this year it could be something completely different.

To be honest, most well known pop/dance acts, do well with crowds at victorious.

If we are thinking pop act, maybe Lorde (as mentioned earlier).  In the last few years (Rudimental, royal blood, Sam Fender) we have had an act that appeals to a younger demographic headline one of the nights.   Jamiroquai and whatever is left of Kasabian do not fulfil that quota right now.

However much I love Lorde (and I have wanted to see her for some time), I just don't think she is big enough.  That said, it is about time a female headlined the main stage at Victorious.

Edited by Dg_vic

8 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

If we are thinking pop act, maybe Lorde (as mentioned earlier).  In the last few years (Rudimental, royal blood, Sam Fender) we have had an act that appeals to a younger demographic headline one of the nights.   Jamiroquai and whatever is left of Kasabian do not fulfil that quota right now.

However much I love Lorde (and I have wanted to see her for some time), I just don't think she is big enough.  That said, it is about time a female headlined the main stage at Victorious.

Give it a few years and hopefully Pale Waves will be up there!

45 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Get that idea into your nearby body of water.

Primal Scream doing Screamadelica seems like the sort of thing they might go for, but questions on the size of that.

They subbed last year.  No chance 

22 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

If she’s big enough to headline Boardmasters, or do a rumoured day at APE then she’s big enough to headline Victorious.  Defo the wrong demographic at Victorious for her though.  

Florence is my guess.  

1 hour ago, Dg_vic said:

Lorde and Florence are both at boardmasters and not exclusive

it would surely be Florence

54 minutes ago, gfa said:

Lorde and Florence are both at boardmasters and not exclusive

it would surely be Florence

Florence at Rock En Seine on the Satruday night (26th).  Whilst not logistically impossible to get from Paris to Portsmouth overnight, it would be quite unusual to headline a festival 2 nights sequentially in a different country (I can only think of Reading / Leeds that do sequential nights).  

I still think Lorde, Weller or Ashcroft. I have no idea why none of these are announced already, but that's what I think. 

43 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

Florence at Rock En Seine on the Satruday night (26th).  Whilst not logistically impossible to get from Paris to Portsmouth overnight, it would be quite unusual to headline a festival 2 nights sequentially in a different country (I can only think of Reading / Leeds that do sequential nights).  

I still think Lorde, Weller or Ashcroft. I have no idea why none of these are announced already, but that's what I think. 

its rare but florence has done festival sets in spain and germany in consecutive nights before so its doable.

48 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

Paris to Portsmouth is easy tbf.  Guess we’ll see at some point this month