Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Wow, I didn’t realise Ian Brown still held such appeal with the masses to headline the common, mind you that may have been dampened a tad over the last few years 😬

Still be good to see them both.  Fingers crossed for an announcement on Friday!

Also, anyone noticed Ride are popping up in a few places just now 👀 

Ian Brown was headlining, because it was his first solo dates in ages going back before the Stone Roses reunion wasn't it?

Since he has done that absolutely woefully received solo tour with no backing band and also pissed off a bunch of promoters backing out with his Covid thoughts. 

His stock has absolutely fell, which is no doubt why he's headlining second stage Friday at Neighborhood. Might want same money offered before to play Victorious again even though they offer him lesser slot and might end up in a stalemate. 

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Ian Brown was headlining, because it was his first solo dates in ages going back before the Stone Roses reunion wasn't it?

Since he has done that absolutely woefully received solo tour with no backing band and also pissed off a bunch of promoters backing out with his Covid thoughts. 

His stock has absolutely fell, which is no doubt why he's headlining second stage Friday at Neighborhood. Might want same money offered before to play Victorious again even though they offer him lesser slot and might end up in a stalemate. 

I’m not a Brown mega fan, but did go to his last solo tour in Edinburgh.  Had heard all the horror reviews in advance, but surprisingly he was on fire that night!  Yes he was playing to a backing track, but somehow it worked 🤣🤣 I’d happily see him at victorious, ideally not as a headliner.

totally get your point about his stock falling since last booked, hopefully makes him a cheaper booking 🤞

On 2/4/2023 at 9:32 AM, s30foster said:

Use Justpark and find a close by car park that's cheap. We did that last year and parked near a Uni building. Walked about 10-15 mins to the site. Parking was something like £9 per day. 

Thanks for the heads-up on this, still want to go so we are looking into it. Just don't want to be parked miles away as we are of (ahem) a certain age - well, my husby is 74, got an apartment in Waterlooville so the logistics over 3 days could be a bloody nightmare, when it could've been a lot easier for us to park on-site. Then again, compared to breaking down 10 miles or so outside Petersfield on the way home last year, waiting 2 hours on a slip road trying to stand well back waiting for the RAC to turn up and having to get 3 trains back to Essex with all of our luggage and then being told the car was totally written off, if we can find reliable parking locally then we are so going!

9 hours ago, Musemonster said:

Thanks for the heads-up on this, still want to go so we are looking into it. Just don't want to be parked miles away as we are of (ahem) a certain age - well, my husby is 74, got an apartment in Waterlooville so the logistics over 3 days could be a bloody nightmare, when it could've been a lot easier for us to park on-site. Then again, compared to breaking down 10 miles or so outside Petersfield on the way home last year, waiting 2 hours on a slip road trying to stand well back waiting for the RAC to turn up and having to get 3 trains back to Essex with all of our luggage and then being told the car was totally written off, if we can find reliable parking locally then we are so going!

I've often used Just Park when attending gigs. A lot of spaces are already booked, but there are still a couple within walking distance, and not too expensive (in relative terms!).

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 05-46-46 Portsmouth Parking Guaranteed Spaces.png

Just now, s30foster said:

I think because i'm not going to Glasto this year i'm getting more and more annoyed each day this line up doesn't drop. Unlike Glasto there is a pattern - release it already! 

There is a pattern for this tbf.  It’s normally this week or next

8 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Hang on.

Did Arcade Fire actually ever get ruled out?

I’d say too big tbf.  

Honestly looking at previous lineups and Jamiraqoui being the act who hasn’t really been announced elsewhere I’d be amazed if the other 2 don’t come from Truck, Tramlines, Y Not and Kendall. 

Let’s hope we get out out of our misery tomoz

21 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Brits is Saturday, still think they'll be announcing someone who performs or wins from that like V used to

They announced on a Monday last time.  Guess they could do that next week too and do the we’re lucky enough to have Brit winner X playing. (Although no idea who is expected to win so maybe not realistic!)

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’d say too big tbf.  

Honestly looking at previous lineups and Jamiraqoui being the act who hasn’t really been announced elsewhere I’d be amazed if the other 2 don’t come from Truck, Tramlines, Y Not and Kendall. 

Let’s hope we get out out of our misery tomoz

I'm just thinking because they're in Europe and the whole allegations against the singer might have opened up an opportunity for Victorious to get them.

Just now, sisco said:

They announced on a Monday last time.  Guess they could do that next week too and do the we’re lucky enough to have Brit winner X playing. (Although no idea who is expected to win so maybe not realistic!)

I looked at who's performing and doesn't look too good for any at Vic tbh 

Maybe Sam Smith.

WHO ARE THE PERFORMERS?
  • Stormzy.
  • Lizzo.
  • Harry Styles.
  • David Guetta, Becky Hill and Ella Henderson.
  • Wet Leg.
  • Cat Burns.
  • Sam Smith and Kim Petras.

24 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I looked at who's performing and doesn't look too good for any at Vic tbh 

Maybe Sam Smith.

WHO ARE THE PERFORMERS?
  • Stormzy.
  • Lizzo.
  • Harry Styles.
  • David Guetta, Becky Hill and Ella Henderson.
  • Wet Leg.
  • Cat Burns.
  • Sam Smith and Kim Petras.

Yeah none of them are happening 😂.  They need to release it quickly so they can say Brit Nominated