Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not on a Prodigy day. Castle headliners are generally very pop act orientated. When  The Prodigy did it last time it was Y&Y. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Tom Grennan.

Of course, but could easily vs Jamiraqoui or a Noel/Kasabian.

5 hours ago, sisco said:

Of course, but could easily vs Jamiraqoui or a Noel/Kasabian.

Yeah I agree. C&S aren't big enough now though, the closer the common is getting to main stage hedliners, the castle stage has arena acts.

I was looking previously at when Johnny Marr was going to play as well a couple of years ago 3rd down. That is where I expect him to play this time. 

Sigrid is going to go in that slot opposite Sunday headliner. I see that Sunday very similar to Hardwick just a bit stronger.

I reckon The Vaccines may sub the castle this time. Tom Meighan/Dickie, Johnny Marr, The Enemy.

It's definitely the most excited I am for a lineup. 

56 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I’ve seen travis announced for some festival dates… really hoping they don’t get booked for victorious!!  🥱 😬😬

keeping my eyes peeled for the uni accommodation going on sale tomorrow, then that’s us all sorted 🎸 ☀️ 🏖 🍻 

Ah good job I was reminded of this.

So far I'd watch every act on Saturday, 2 on Friday and 3 on Sunday

2 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I’ve seen travis announced for some festival dates… really hoping they don’t get booked for victorious!!  🥱 😬😬

keeping my eyes peeled for the uni accommodation going on sale tomorrow, then that’s us all sorted 🎸 ☀️ 🏖 🍻 

Travis are at Wychwood as a southern UK exclusive 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Frangipane said:

Portsmouth Uni accommodation is now on sale, I've just booked Rees Hall.

https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/uop-accommodation/

Just to add, page currently states it is password protected, but at exactly midnight the individual booking pages went live, so ignore that.

Edited by Frangipane
info

9 hours ago, Frangipane said:

Portsmouth Uni accommodation is now on sale, I've just booked Rees Hall.

https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/uop-accommodation/

Did you book a double? Has a ⚠️ Icon next to the 3 nights at Rees hall for me, so looks like we’re going for the greetham one which is a nice 30 min walk 🤣

I didn’t expect it would sell out so quick

Edited by Mr Carbohydrate

20 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Did you book a double? Has a ⚠️ Icon next to the 3 nights at Rees hall for me, so looks like we’re going for the greetham one which is a nice 30 min walk 🤣

I didn’t expect it would sell out so quick

I booked a single, and there were doubles available still at about 07:30, but I know those sell out very quickly! It's handy to know they went on sale bang on midnight, but didn't show on the Victorious website until this morning. I just happened to find the booking page by doing a Google search for 'Portsmouth University Victorious Festival', which gave me the password protected page.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 6:56 PM, sisco said:

Would imagine C&S would be much more likely to headline the castle stage 

Chase and Status are headlining NASS (hosted at bath showground), bit close by anyway i'd say?

1 hour ago, Frangipane said:

I'm fairly sure there isn't, unfortunately, but I don't read the T&Cs as I know I'm definitely going 

I get that. For the close one though, £220 then the festival on top is pretty pricey. Then you've got to pay to park a car for 3-4 days.

I expect that should I go following February announcement I'll just take the tent.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sisco said:

Shared The Streets as a headliner in 2021 and they had Becky Hill billed as a special guest last year 

Chase and Status Friday or Sunday second stage headliner. If Becki Hill hadn't played last year I'd put her headliner the Castle on Sunday. Might be even more crossover though like with Hardwick as well because they have extra stages to full on Friday plus the festival. 

Sam Fender was a step up from Paulo and Royal Blood. If Noel didn't play Oasis stuff then he's a sub himself. 

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Chase and Status Friday or Sunday second stage headliner. If Becki Hill hadn't played last year I'd put her headliner the Castle on Sunday. Might be even more crossover though like with Hardwick as well because they have extra stages to full on Friday plus the festival. 

Sam Fender was a step up from Paulo and Royal Blood. If Noel didn't play Oasis stuff then he's a sub himself. 

Tbf.  He wasn’t when he was booked and then his popularity went mental. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Tbf.  He wasn’t when he was booked and then his popularity went mental. 

was absolutely incredible when victorious booked capaldi in 2019 and he blew up to headliner status by the time the festival rolled around, Believe he ended up playing 3rd down on castle stage on the Saturday and had one of the biggest crowds of the entire weekend

@siscoquite a decent ending to January, 3 festival I have interest announcing lineups within around a week/week and a half. Not so decent for the bank account although 1 is paid already. Think I've decided that after £70 odd for the Victorious ticket, I can't justify even the further £150 on on 3 nights plus I'd stay the previous night so that's £185. For that I would be a good 25 minutes away walking so easier just to do the camping that's included and get the bus.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

@siscoquite a decent ending to January, 3 festival I have interest announcing lineups within around a week/week and a half. Not so decent for the bank account although 1 is paid already. Think I've decided that after £70 odd for the Victorious ticket, I can't justify even the further £150 on on 3 nights plus I'd stay the previous night so that's £185. For that I would be a good 25 minutes away walking so easier just to do the camping that's included and get the bus.

Which 3 fests are announcing? Not seen even 1 announcing an announcement - might be silly here.

11 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Got to be the Super Struct Festivals - Victorious, Tramlines, Y Not, Kendal Calling and Truck.

I'm thinking maybe like Green man and some others - the way it was phrased made it sound like 3 didn't include victorious? i'm sure wayiam will clear it up in a bit for us 🙂 victorious is feb generally sisco said i think

Edited by gfa