2000 Trees 2023

itskinglizard

3 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Just double checked and in 2019 they had While She Sleeps headline The Cave against Frank Turner and Mongol Horder (who are bigger than Cancer Bats with the 2000trees audience) headlining The Axiom against You Me at Six. I wouldn't say it's a given yet that Axiom headliners are going to clash with the main. Like I think American Football clashing with Frank makes more sense to me than Pitchshifter. 

Agreed that Neck Deep are probably ruled out due to Download (don't think a band that has headlined Trees has played Download the same year?) but surely they're not too big based off their billing there? Trees headliners have been billed to be 3rd on main or headline the 2nd there and Neck Deep seem to be playing lower than those unless I'm reading it wrong.

Twin Atlantic did both one year, but they were drafted in late to replace Brand New

8 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Twin Atlantic did both one year, but they were drafted in late to replace Brand New

Just had a look and when they did both was 2016? Weren't Twin Atlantic replacements for Brand New in 2018? I remember them not being announced until like May because they were at Slam Dunk and I can't see them on the 2018 Download line up. Either way, it's only happened once that I don't think it looks like Neck Deep is likely.

19 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Just had a look and when they did both was 2016? Weren't Twin Atlantic replacements for Brand New in 2018? I remember them not being announced until like May because they were at Slam Dunk and I can't see them on the 2018 Download line up. Either way, it's only happened once that I don't think it looks like Neck Deep is likely.

Oh maybe it wasn't the replacement year then, just remembered seeing them at both one year.

Yeah I don't see Neck Deep being likely anymore seems they've got a decent slot at Download 

Got bored at work and sorted the logo bands into their stages and days

Thurs

Main - ? / Skindred / The Wonder Years / Bob Vylan / Kid Kapichi / Destory Boys 

Axiom - EoDM / The Joy Formidable / Martha / Meat Wave / No Devotion / Narrow Head

Cave - The Bronx / Svalbard / The Hurt Process 

Neu - Bad Nerves 

Forest - Aaron West / Bat Sabbath / 

Fri

Main - ? / Joyce Manor / LostAlone / Heriot

Axiom - Rivial Schools / Empire State Bastards / Brutus / The Xcerts / Microwave / Militarie Gun 

Cave - Cancer Bats / Kublai Khan / Zulu 

Neu - Crows

Forest - De Staat / Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly / The Scratch / Prima Queen

Sat

Main - Frank Carter / Hundred Reasons / Deaf Havana / Holding Absence / High Vis / Dead Poet Society / Witch Fever

Axiom - American Football / Loathe / ASIWYFA / Dream State 

Cave - Pitchshifter / Chelsea Grin / Casey / One Step Closer 

Neu - Sprints / The Chisel / Chubby and the Gang 

Forest - Kneecap

Electric Six (they have the Saturday listed on their website but Dick Valentine is playing the Friday so could be either) and Employed to Serve pages are broken and Black Honey are missing on the website hence why they're not on there.

If logos placement does indicate stage slotting we're missing Thurs and Fri day main headliners, probably Fri main sub and 3rd down (unless this makes you more convinced that Joyce Manor and Weezer come as a package) and maybe the subs for The Cave on Thurs and Fri. Highly suspect that 3 of the missing bands will fill these slots. Also be note that artists have been moving around. I did a quick one of artists I wanted to see yesterday and I had put down Microwave on the Neu but they're now on The Axiom. Also this was a super tedious process so one or two might be wrong.

Might do the alphabetical artists later if I get time later.

1 hour ago, Andrinald said:

I updated the clashfinder earlier too, with what I can see so far:

https://clashfinder.com/s/2ktrees2023

Although the Electric Six page is broken, I'd guess main stage Saturday. I left Employed to Serve off but I reckon they might get a decent main stage slot of sub-headline the Cave.

Yeah Trees replied to someone saying they were Saturday 

I would love it more than anything to be AFI and I think the STS show makes a little sense for the delay in announcing even if it did sell out ages ago. But they did say that Cali show would the the first and last time ever the record is performed in its entirety so I don't think we would get that unfortunately.

1 hour ago, bambamben said:

I would love it more than anything to be AFI and I think the STS show makes a little sense for the delay in announcing even if it did sell out ages ago. But they did say that Cali show would the the first and last time ever the record is performed in its entirety so I don't think we would get that unfortunately.

It's being called a World Exclusive so that's what would stop them announcing any other shows playing that album in full until after. Didn't know they'd said that, but likely they would to help it sell.

That album in full would be the dream but the announcement post definitely said first and last time ever. Yeah agree that if it was a usual headline there is nothing to stop them announcing, which is why I think it's probably not AFI that will get announced. I really hope I'm wrong / they go back on the first and last time ever!

FFAF announcement is, as to no one's surprise, Causally Dressed in full and in some pretty big venues so most likely ruled out Trees.

Also Don Broco and AFI sounds incredibly realistic so I completely buy it. Was kinda hoping for someone else as all 3 of those headliners, and Cave headliners, don't excite me at all. Really hope that they have American Football against Frank Carter as otherwise it's an early finish every night. 

6 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Yup, fair play to them, don't strike as a band that usually do that size of venue?

The newer wording of World Exclusive makes me think they've agreed to do it more than just in LA, they just get it first 

You're right the LA venue on their last tour was 4000 cap so nowhere near but obviously this is different being a one off show, they had another couple of Cali dates on that tour.

I'm sceptical because my poor old heart can't take it. I really hope that you're right 🙏

37 minutes ago, Jericode said:

RE: Broco, this US tour they've been announced for ends right before Trees.

Yeah I think they're looking pretty likely now. They don't do anything for me, but decent first-time headliner I suppose. And the line up is already absolutely stacked for me. I'd happily watch any of the Cave headliners so hopefully they clash...