2000 Trees 2023

itskinglizard

American Football / Eagles of Death Metal / Electric Six / Brutus / Black Honey / Employed to Serve / Destroy Boys / Kneecap / The Joy Formidable / Tigercub / Kublai Khan TX / De Staat / Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly / Bat Sabbath / LostAlone / Heriot / Prima Queen / Zulu / Militarie Gun / The Hurt Process / Beetlebug / Big Special / Cage Fight / Carpark / Dick Valentine / Exit Child / Frozemode / Gaz Brookfield / Graphic Nature / Hannah Rose Platt / House Of Women / Mallavora / Modern Error / Telltale / WARSHY

The full list. Also a few details on slots:

Tigercub are joining the already stacked Wednesday line up - make sure you get your 4 day tickets. They’re running ridiculously low… (They may not last till the end of next month).

American Football headlining Axiom on Saturday.

Eagles of Death Metal are headlining the Axiom on the Thursday.

Kneecap are returning after an awesome set last year, this time to play the Forest on Saturday night – this will be bonkers.

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly – returning ‘trees favourites coming to play the Forest, alongside De Staat who will be taking up the new Forest Stage headline slot – both playing Friday.

Bat Sabbath – the best Black Sabbath tribute band around, Cancer Bats doing an entire set of Black Sabbath covers - need we say more?

Edited by Andrinald

24 minutes ago, Gummy de Milo said:

Nah, there was some stuff online a few months back about him getting loads of girls high and having sex with them while his then gf had cancer or something like that.

On 1/16/2023 at 2:06 PM, sacred shape said:

I hope not. I like their music and have seen them before, but Jesse Hughes is pretty scummy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/qotsa/comments/yooz5m/any_girls_willing_to_anonymously_talk_about_their/

1 minute ago, sacred shape said:

Yeah thats the one, I got a few deets wrong but thats what I was thinking of. I can remember seeing him neck a bottle of Jack Daniels at Leeds and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world, but in hindsight the dude is so obviously not a normal functioning person, has some messed up views and what seems to be really terrible attitude towards women.

Decided to have a go at placements for a bit of fun (I have no insider knowledge):

Thursday Main: Headliner TBC / Skindred / Bob Vylan / Kid Kapichi / Destroy Boys / The Joy Formidable / The St Pierre Snake Invasion / Modern Error / Heriot

Thursday Axiom: Eagles of Death Metal / The Wonder Years / And So I Watch You From Afar / Casey / LostAlone / Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties / New Pagans / Exit Child / Unpeople

Thursday Cave: The Bronx / Dead Poet Society / Svalbard / The Chisel / The Scratch / The Hurt Process / Ithaca / Graphic Nature / Blackgold

Thursday Neu: Chubby and the Gang / Delilah Bon / Lakes / Kelsy Karter and the Heroines / The Oozes / Hypothetics / Sounds Mint / Carpark / Mimi Barks

Friday Main: Headliner TBC / TBC / Empire State Bastard / High Vis / The Xcerts / Bad Nerves / As Everything Unfolds / Delaire the Liar / Lynks

Friday Axiom: Rival Schools / Black Honey / Joyce Manor / Martha / Militarie Gun / Fleshwater / Heart Attack Man / Big Special / Pet Needs

Friday Cave: Cancer Bats / Chelsea Grin / One Step Closer / Kublai Khan TX / Bat Sabbath / Ways Away / Paledusk / Giver / Lake Malice

Friday Neu: Crows / Prima Queen / Saint Agnes / Rxptrs / Dead Pony / Cuffed Up / Gurriers / Haunt The Woods / Suds

Saturday Main: Frank Carter / Hundred Reasons / Deaf Havana / Electric Six / Holding Absence / Narrow Head / Hannah Grae / Lambrini Girls / The 900

Saturday Axiom: American Football / Brutus / Meat Wave / Microwave / No Devotion / Prince Daddy & The Hyena / Dick Valentine / Chastity / Reminders

Saturday Cave: Pitchshifter / Loathe / Employed to Serve / Zulu / Witch Fever / Origami Angel / Koyo / Enola Gay / Going Off

Saturday Neu: Dream State / Big Spring / Cody Frost / Loose Articles / Kite Thief / Toodles and the Hectic Pity / Cage Fight / Mallavora / Guise

Edited by Andrinald

5 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

Decided to have a go at placements for a bit of fun (I have no insider knowledge):

Thursday Main: Headliner TBC / Skindred / Bob Vylan / Kid Kapichi / Destroy Boys / The Joy Formidable / The St Pierre Snake Invasion / Modern Error / Heriot

Thursday Axiom: Eagles of Death Metal / The Wonder Years / And So I Watch You From Afar / Casey / LostAlone / Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties / New Pagans / Exit Child / Unpeople

Thursday Cave: The Bronx / Dead Poet Society / Svalbard / The Chisel / The Scratch / The Hurt Process / Ithaca / Graphic Nature / Blackgold

Thursday Neu: Chubby and the Gang / Delilah Bon / Lakes / Kelsy Karter and the Heroines / The Oozes / Hypothetics / Sounds Mint / Carpark / Mimi Barks

Friday Main: Headliner TBC / TBC / Empire State Bastard / High Vis / The Xcerts / Bad Nerves / As Everything Unfolds / Delaire the Liar / Lynks

Friday Axiom: Rival Schools / Black Honey / Joyce Manor / Martha / Militarie Gun / Fleshwater / Heart Attack Man / Big Special / Pet Needs

Friday Cave: Cancer Bats / Chelsea Grin / One Step Closer / Kublai Khan TX / Bat Sabbath / Ways Away / Paledusk / Giver / Lake Malice

Friday Neu: Crows / Prima Queen / Saint Agnes / Rxptrs / Dead Pony / Cuffed Up / Gurriers / Haunt The Woods / Suds

Saturday Main: Frank Carter / Hundred Reasons / Deaf Havana / Electric Six / Holding Absence / Narrow Head / Hannah Grae / Lambrini Girls / The 900

Saturday Axiom: American Football / Brutus / Meat Wave / Microwave / No Devotion / Prince Daddy & The Hyena / Dick Valentine / Chastity / Reminders

Saturday Cave: Pitchshifter / Loathe / Employed to Serve / Zulu / Witch Fever / Origami Angel / Koyo / Enola Gay / Going Off

Saturday Neu: Dream State / Big Spring / Cody Frost / Loose Articles / Kite Thief / Toodles and the Hectic Pity / Cage Fight / Mallavora / Guise

The Wonder Years are on main. You can find the artist pages on the website now with what stage people are on. Only a few come up at the moment but if you just edit the url and change the band name they're all visible 

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

13 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

The Wonder Years are on main. You can find the artist pages on the website now with what stage people are on. Only a few come up at the moment but if you just edit the url and change the band name they're all visible 

Ah fantastic news! I've really missed that line up page. What a waste of time that was in that case 😂

Kind of hoping that American Football clash with Frank Carter. Would be a perfect end to the festival for me. I know The Axiom headliners didn't clash with the main headliners last year but I'm sure in previous years they have. Actually think it was the first time in a long time that it was The Cave headliners clashing with the main headliners last year.

Also counted the acts on the line up and I've got 47 acts I want to see (24 are must sees and 23 are ones I am sort of indifferent about) so already dreading the clashes.

8 hours ago, justanothername said:

Kind of hoping that American Football clash with Frank Carter. Would be a perfect end to the festival for me. I know The Axiom headliners didn't clash with the main headliners last year but I'm sure in previous years they have. Actually think it was the first time in a long time that it was The Cave headliners clashing with the main headliners last year.

Also counted the acts on the line up and I've got 47 acts I want to see (24 are must sees and 23 are ones I am sort of indifferent about) so already dreading the clashes.

I think it'll be the Cave clashing with Main again... Last year was the first year that the Axiom had bigger headliners than the Cave, hence the switch. As that's been replicated again this year, I reckon it'll be the same.

With Joyce Manor playing the Weezer tour either side of Trees, I'm convinced Weezer are one of the other headliners, with Frank Turner being the other. Feel like The Hives are gonna sub/co headline with one of the Franks. 

Aside from that I can see Counterparts appearing on the lineup as they're touring the UK and Europe with Kublai Khan, and possibly any of Scowl, Show me the Body, and Jesus Piece because they're all on the same world tour and all playing European fests.

There's absolutely no reason to not have announced Frank Turner, his tour is over, he's already been announced for other festivals.

I think as they've hinted at the headliners being announced sooner than you think, it's lining up nicely with Don Brocos tour at back end of this month.

Weezer love the tease of keeping Trees weekend free, I'm starting to think it's just one of their wives/kids birthday 😂

I think Gaslight Anthem or AFI could be good shouts

4 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

I couldn't handle it if it was Weezer. Gaslight Anthem would be great as well.

For some reason, despite the rest of the line up being great, I'm prepared to be slightly underwhelmed by UK headliners.

Maybe Neck Deep and Slowthai or something like that...

Not a fucking chance it's Slowthai

Neck Deep were on my list of possibles until the Download announcement, think there slot their might be a bit too high to be headlining Trees as well.

My choices for underwhelming headliner is gonna be Frank Turner, Twin Atlantic or Nothing But Thieves. I don't dislike any of them just very bland safe bookings

6 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Neck Deep were on my list of possibles until the Download announcement, think there slot their might be a bit too high to be headlining Trees as well.

My choices for underwhelming headliner is gonna be Frank Turner, Twin Atlantic or Nothing But Thieves. I don't dislike any of them just very bland safe bookings

Probably not - just an outside shout, a bit like when they unexpectedly got Slaves a few years ago.

Yeah I could definitely see it being Frank Turner and Nothing But Thieves. Twin Atlantic headlining would be a bit of a joke nowadays.

58 minutes ago, Gummy de Milo said:

With Joyce Manor playing the Weezer tour either side of Trees, I'm convinced Weezer are one of the other headliners, with Frank Turner being the other. Feel like The Hives are gonna sub/co headline with one of the Franks. 

Aside from that I can see Counterparts appearing on the lineup as they're touring the UK and Europe with Kublai Khan, and possibly any of Scowl, Show me the Body, and Jesus Piece because they're all on the same world tour and all playing European fests.

Joyce Manor playing main stage on the Friday - SLIGHT extra hope for Weezer as main stage headliner on the Friday...

11 hours ago, Andrinald said:

I think it'll be the Cave clashing with Main again... Last year was the first year that the Axiom had bigger headliners than the Cave, hence the switch. As that's been replicated again this year, I reckon it'll be the same.

Just double checked and in 2019 they had While She Sleeps headline The Cave against Frank Turner and Mongol Horder (who are bigger than Cancer Bats with the 2000trees audience) headlining The Axiom against You Me at Six. I wouldn't say it's a given yet that Axiom headliners are going to clash with the main. Like I think American Football clashing with Frank makes more sense to me than Pitchshifter. 

10 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Agreed that Neck Deep are probably ruled out due to Download (don't think a band that has headlined Trees has played Download the same year?) but surely they're not too big based off their billing there? Trees headliners have been billed to be 3rd on main or headline the 2nd there and Neck Deep seem to be playing lower than those unless I'm reading it wrong.