Important - Coming from North and driving through Bath?

parsonjack

If you are heading to the festival from North of the M4 and intending to route through Bath using A46/A36 to Frome then you need to be aware of the Bath Clean Air Zone and potential charges that may apply to you.

Full details at the link below but basically if you are driving anything other than a car or motorcycle (but note that some classes of cars and 4x4's are also chargeable) then you may be liable to pay a charge. The most likely category to be liable will be vans, pickups, LGV's, campervans and 4x4's.

Charges apply 24x7 and can either be paid up to 6 days in advance, or in the following 6 days.

If your vehicle is chargeable then avoiding it is still possible but will require a diversion round Bath to do so. 

https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/bath-clean-air-zone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/13/2022 at 7:03 PM, parsonjack said:

If you are heading to the festival from North of the M4 and intending to route through Bath using A46/A36 to Frome then you need to be aware of the Bath Clean Air Zone and potential charges that may apply to you.

Full details at the link below but basically if you are driving anything other than a car or motorcycle (but note that some classes of cars and 4x4's are also chargeable) then you may be liable to pay a charge. The most likely category to be liable will be vans, pickups, LGV's, campervans and 4x4's.

Charges apply 24x7 and can either be paid up to 6 days in advance, or in the following 6 days.

If your vehicle is chargeable then avoiding it is still possible but will require a diversion round Bath to do so. 

https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/bath-clean-air-zone

Cheers for the heads up as our group were planning on doing this route.

My car is exempt, and I presume I shall be fine towing a caravan. Although friends of ours will be in a rented motor home which I believe weighs more than 3.5t (hope this doesn’t fall into the trucks category charged at £100).

Do you have a suggestion on the route to bypass Bath? We initially chose this route to avoid travelling thru Bristol.

Travelling on M5 south via Frome will miss the zone.

I’m hoping this is the way I will hit the East side of festival and not get directed to the West. Can anyone confirm this, please? (Second pic shows last part of the route)  

194FC1FE-681C-42AA-8A1C-4A177440D575.png

83F2FE2D-1173-4F97-8649-F9F9F537D622.jpeg

Edited by PassingCloud

3 minutes ago, BoEsEpH said:

Cheers for the heads up as our group were planning on doing this route.

My car is exempt, and I presume I shall be fine towing a caravan. Although friends of ours will be in a rented motor home which I believe weighs more than 3.5t (hope this doesn’t fall into the trucks category charged at £100).

Do you have a suggestion on the route to bypass Bath? We initially chose this route to avoid travelling thru Bristol.

Hi there...if you want to avoid Bristol then there is a route using A46 from M4 as planned, but then taking A4 and A363 to Bradford on Avon, then to Frome from there. It's not a big detour but you need to be aware that Bradford is tight in places, often clogged up, and might be difficult for a car/caravan/large motorhome. 

Other than going back to the Bristol route your only other option may be to stay on M4 eastbound until J17 for Chippenham, then use A350 to Trowbridge and A361 to Frome. A bit further obvs but nothing on that roite that would be an issue to your convoy 😊

11 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

I’m hoping this is the way I will hit the East side of festival and not get directed to the West. Can anyone confirm this, please? (Second pic shows last part of the route)  

Hi there....looks like you are planning the Bath/Bradford on Avon/Frome route I mention above. Same caveats to be careful with Bradford if you have a large vehicle though. 

Once past Frome you are good to go with A361 to Shepton Mallet where signs for Blue Route and East carparks are all up and waiting for you 👍 

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hi there...if you want to avoid Bristol then there is a route using A46 from M4 as planned, but then taking A4 and A363 to Bradford on Avon, then to Frome from there. It's not a big detour but you need to be aware that Bradford is tight in places, often clogged up, and might be difficult for a car/caravan/large motorhome. 

Other than going back to the Bristol route your only other option may be to stay on M4 eastbound until J17 for Chippenham, then use A350 to Trowbridge and A361 to Frome. A bit further obvs but nothing on that roite that would be an issue to your convoy 😊

Thanks very much for the reply. Just looked at route on Google maps and I’m happy with that.

34 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

The issue for me is that I was planning on going through Bath this way. 

Screenshot_20220614-211624_Chrome.jpg

30 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hi there....looks like you are planning the Bath/Bradford on Avon/Frome route I mention above. Same caveats to be careful with Bradford if you have a large vehicle though. 

Once past Frome you are good to go with A361 to Shepton Mallet where signs for Blue Route and East carparks are all up and waiting for you 👍 

Thanks. I am travelling down in my work van. Used to narrow country roads, so if it’s that kind of thing should be fine for me.