First Timers 2022

gfa

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Lol. Weighing checked luggage this weekend before leaving next week. Footwear debate is the biggest issue. Lucked out on the rail strikes at least.

Good to hear your ok with the strikes, i'm leaving footwear till the very last minute - really hoping it will be ok but i do have some walking boots that should suffice just about

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Good to hear your ok with the strikes, i'm leaving footwear till the very last minute - really hoping it will be ok but i do have some walking boots that should suffice just about

I mean I packed boots and have trainers, but most likely gonna stick with trainers the whole weekend. The only worry about the train is leaving on monday cause itll be rammed.

Oh to be a first timer again! I remember the exact moment I fell in love with the festival. Thursday 24th June 2010 at 10:59am. You guys are in for a real treat. I'm taking Mr CG for the first time and I cannot wait to see Glastonbury through his eyes, as I did with a newbie friend in 2016. This year is going to be extra special too x

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Oh to be a first timer again! I remember the exact moment I fell in love with the festival. Thursday 24th June 2010 at 10:59am. You guys are in for a real treat. I'm taking Mr CG for the first time and I cannot wait to see Glastonbury through his eyes, as I did with a newbie friend in 2016. This year is going to be extra special too x

What happened at that time may i ask? pretty early on the thursday - is that when you went through the gate for the first time?

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

What happened at that time may i ask? pretty early on the thursday - is that when you went through the gate for the first time?

Oh no, I went through the gate before 8am on Wednesday morning feeling pretty tired, hot and miserable. I never wanted to go to the festival and went as a favour to my mate. We never left camp on the Wednesday... Built a fire, had drinks and caught up with mates.

On Thursday we went for a look around. We were camped at Upper Webbs Ash, and made it to the cocktails and dreams bar (About 400metres away), and found a bit of shade. I was sat there when a fairy on stilts stuck a peg on my hat (which i still have), I tapped my foot to a 10ft breakdancing grasshopper, and 2 big hairy arsed blokes (and I know they were hairy arsed because their 80's aerobics lycra outfits had no bottom in them) carried an actual roll of carpet across site. It was in that moment that my heart swelled and I fell in love with the randomness. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

Oh no, I went through the gate before 8am on Wednesday morning feeling pretty tired, hot and miserable. I never wanted to go to the festival and went as a favour to my mate. We never left camp on the Wednesday... Built a fire, had drinks and caught up with mates.

On Thursday we went for a look around. We were camped at Upper Webbs Ash, and made it to the cocktails and dreams bar (About 400metres away), and found a bit of shade. I was sat there when a fairy on stilts stuck a peg on my hat (which i still have), I tapped my foot to a 10ft breakdancing grasshopper, and 2 big hairy arsed blokes (and I know they were hairy arsed because their 80's aerobics lycra outfits had no bottom in them) carried an actual roll of carpet across site. It was in that moment that my heart swelled and I fell in love with the randomness. 

out of upvotes but have the heart one in writing 🙂 can't wait for next wednesday!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

out of upvotes but have the heart one in writing 🙂 can't wait for next wednesday!

I am working it this year, after festival clean up, but I am meeting a friend @Funkyfairy!, and I will be at Gate B at 8am on Wednesday morning to see all of the beautiful happy faces coming through those gates.  I can't bloody wait. It is going to be so emotional x

17 minutes ago, NorwayDave said:

Totally.  We are 5 people, 5 sets of boots and wet gear is a lot of extra luggage.

Leaving in 48 hours, gonna have to make a call on it.

Last time I just had a poncho handy just in case for the elements. didnt even bother with it when it was raining at Arcadia the Fiday night 5 years ago. also had a baseball cap. Im actually going to bring an old military style jacket I have out of ''retirement'' cause its a solid top layer over a hoodie or long sleeve shirt even though its got a couple of holes in it. I mean if we were gonna have insane wet conditions I would  maybe reconsider my backpack situation cause Ive had the same one for 20 years and its still viable but right now dont know if i could trust it from withstanding a lot of moisture.

22 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I am working it this year, after festival clean up, but I am meeting a friend @Funkyfairy!, and I will be at Gate B at 8am on Wednesday morning to see all of the beautiful happy faces coming through those gates.  I can't bloody wait. It is going to be so emotional x

See you soon chick , which gate did you used to come through as a ticket holder ? It’s good to stand the other side of which ever one that was as it feels super special x 

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was quite something then eh - what a festival! What was everyone’s favourite performances i really enjoyed Four Tet and Glass Animals! Gutted with chems dropping out

If you were first timer, what surprised you most about the festival?

For me, i was surprised at how busy it was for such a large site and also how bloody knackered I was. This is partly down to me wanting to cram as much as possible in and also a lack of sleep.

oh also genuinely surprised at how great the atmosphere was. Everyone was just soo happy.

Edited by Justcalledtosay

2 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

If you were first timer, what surprised you most about the festival?

For me, i was surprised at how busy it was for such a large site and also how bloody knackered I was. This is partly down to me wanting to cram as much as possible in and also a lack of sleep.

oh also genuinely surprised at how great the atmosphere was. Everyone was just soo happy.

Surprised how crazy the SE corner is vs rest of the festival - felt like a completely different festival honestly. Thursday crowds surprised me - had me a bit worried but all was good bar Wet Leg.

For a festival going 50 years organisation didn’t feel the best - lot of sound issues eg for Glass Animals, Clairo, Caribou and Wet Leg. Park was a pain to get through a lot of the time, it needs a rethink really. Lack of toilets in SE corner and not enough water taps in some areas was a pain

On 6/12/2022 at 8:30 PM, Curlygirl said:

That’s the exact date and about the exact time I asked someone in Big Ground “ If they fancied a bimble and a coffee ?” We went to The Amish Cafe and we have just celebrated 12 years together.  

C947DC6A-A050-4BE8-AE03-2B0760C4F13E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1