Jump to content

Lincoln to Glasto - Wednesday Coach (help needed)


Pinkrabbits
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey fellow Glasto go-ers!

 

I’m just wondering if anyone is getting the 8am coach from LN2, Lincoln. If so I’m hoping to get your assistance!

My partner got a coach ticket for Lincoln but we are now based in LDN and have no reasonable way of getting to Lincoln before 8am. She is working the day before and can’t travel up then. I was thinking of going up to try claim the ticket for her but I guess I run the risk of not being able to get on the coach in the first place to even get the ticket. I may then find myself stranded in Lincoln without the ticket nor a way to the festival 😂.

I was hoping maybe we could exchange number/contact details with someone who is going/boarding the coaches and try see if they can nab our ticket for us (we will present all the valid ID and proof of booking to you). Even if the driver doesn’t give it in it might just mean we can at least have some live tracking to see if/when the Lincoln coaches arrive and the driver hands the ticket into the box office.

Would be happy to pay in cash/pints for any kind soul who would be willing to try and help.

if anyone has any alternative ideas I’d also be interested to here. I know there have been a few threads on this and it seems like most people just say “get the coach!” But in this case I’m not sure how she is feasibly going to make it in time.

Or if you’re a fellow Londoner having the same issue maybe we could work together on this to find a solution!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Pinkrabbits said:

Hey fellow Glasto go-ers!

 

I’m just wondering if anyone is getting the 8am coach from LN2, Lincoln. If so I’m hoping to get your assistance!

My partner got a coach ticket for Lincoln but we are now based in LDN and have no reasonable way of getting to Lincoln before 8am. She is working the day before and can’t travel up then. I was thinking of going up to try claim the ticket for her but I guess I run the risk of not being able to get on the coach in the first place to even get the ticket. I may then find myself stranded in Lincoln without the ticket nor a way to the festival 😂.

I was hoping maybe we could exchange number/contact details with someone who is going/boarding the coaches and try see if they can nab our ticket for us (we will present all the valid ID and proof of booking to you). Even if the driver doesn’t give it in it might just mean we can at least have some live tracking to see if/when the Lincoln coaches arrive and the driver hands the ticket into the box office.

Would be happy to pay in cash/pints for any kind soul who would be willing to try and help.

if anyone has any alternative ideas I’d also be interested to here. I know there have been a few threads on this and it seems like most people just say “get the coach!” But in this case I’m not sure how she is feasibly going to make it in time.

Or if you’re a fellow Londoner having the same issue maybe we could work together on this to find a solution!?

It's hard enough to get the driver to hand the ticket of a no-show the lead booker (v low probability) so hoping it will be handed to some random person (even if they have some evidence - which could be faked) is totally wishful. As advised earlier, see the thread discussing missing the coach.

You both really do need to make the effort to be on the coach. If you had flagged this issue up with See earlier there is a chance they would have been able to chance your travel arrangements to a London coach.

Edited by Lycra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Pinkrabbits said:

Hey fellow Glasto go-ers!

 

I’m just wondering if anyone is getting the 8am coach from LN2, Lincoln. If so I’m hoping to get your assistance!

My partner got a coach ticket for Lincoln but we are now based in LDN and have no reasonable way of getting to Lincoln before 8am. She is working the day before and can’t travel up then. I was thinking of going up to try claim the ticket for her but I guess I run the risk of not being able to get on the coach in the first place to even get the ticket. I may then find myself stranded in Lincoln without the ticket nor a way to the festival 😂.

I was hoping maybe we could exchange number/contact details with someone who is going/boarding the coaches and try see if they can nab our ticket for us (we will present all the valid ID and proof of booking to you). Even if the driver doesn’t give it in it might just mean we can at least have some live tracking to see if/when the Lincoln coaches arrive and the driver hands the ticket into the box office.

Would be happy to pay in cash/pints for any kind soul who would be willing to try and help.

if anyone has any alternative ideas I’d also be interested to here. I know there have been a few threads on this and it seems like most people just say “get the coach!” But in this case I’m not sure how she is feasibly going to make it in time.

Or if you’re a fellow Londoner having the same issue maybe we could work together on this to find a solution!?

I would suggest she gets a train after work to Lincoln, stays the night in local hotel and gets the coach from there Weds AM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Lycra said:

It's hard enough to get the driver to hand the ticket of a no-show the lead booker (v low probability) so hoping it will be handed to some random person (even if they have some evidence - which could be faked) is totally wishful. As advised earlier, see the thread discussing missing the coach.

You both really do need to make the effort to be on the coach. If you had flagged this issue up with See earlier there is a chance they would have been able to chance your travel arrangements to a London coach.

I mean realistically I do understand that I just thought it was worth asking and gathering a bit of extra information.

we don’t have much money and glasto is a big (and expensive) treat for us. Paying the extra expense for travel, hotel and taking a day off work is costly. It’s obviously going to have to be that way but trying to convince my partner to do that when we are already skint isn’t easy! It’s nothing to do with the effort. I’d travel across the world to go to Glastonbury.

I contacted seetickets very early on and they weren’t helpful at all so I gave that side a miss. I assume they just say no to everyone as it’s easier to manage. But I also assume that if you tried hard enough (and with a bit of luck) you’d be able to get into the festival at the other side. But taking that chance on something we have already forked out a lot of money for doesn’t seem worth it I suppose. Even if it is now going to cost at least another £100 on top.

I appreciate the responses anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've taken the coach from Lincoln a few times.  It departs from Unity Square right next to the premier inn.  Single from Kings X to Lincoln is £17.50 each on night of Tuesday 21st June.  Premier Inn is expensive - £119 for a double room but you can roll out of bed and be at the coach in 30 seconds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pinkrabbits said:

I mean realistically I do understand that I just thought it was worth asking and gathering a bit of extra information.

we don’t have much money and glasto is a big (and expensive) treat for us. Paying the extra expense for travel, hotel and taking a day off work is costly. It’s obviously going to have to be that way but trying to convince my partner to do that when we are already skint isn’t easy! It’s nothing to do with the effort. I’d travel across the world to go to Glastonbury.

I contacted seetickets very early on and they weren’t helpful at all so I gave that side a miss. I assume they just say no to everyone as it’s easier to manage. But I also assume that if you tried hard enough (and with a bit of luck) you’d be able to get into the festival at the other side. But taking that chance on something we have already forked out a lot of money for doesn’t seem worth it I suppose. Even if it is now going to cost at least another £100 on top.

I appreciate the responses anyway.

the position really is that you shouldn’t then buy tickets for a coach departure that you can’t get/afford to get to.🤷‍♂️
 

yes, everyone is desperate to go to Glastonbury but you need to be realistic when purchasing coach packages of how you are going to get to the departure point rather than just buying one 100s of miles from home and expecting See to change it because you (or your partner) don’t want to spend the money getting there.

When I buy coach package tickets I have a list of places I’ll travel from and those that are too far away from home (aka expensive to get to)

realistically she needs to get on that coach and if you try and risk something else it could backfire and make things worse.

 

(sorry don’t want to come across as rude or negative but it’s just how it is!)

Edited by gooner1990
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

the position really is that you shouldn’t then buy tickets for a coach departure that you can’t get/afford to get to.🤷‍♂️
 

yes, everyone is desperate to go to Glastonbury but you need to be realistic when purchasing coach packages of how you are going to get to the departure point rather than just buying one 100s of miles from home and expecting See to change it because you (or your partner) don’t want to spend the money getting there.

When I buy coach package tickets I have a list of places I’ll travel from and those that are too far away from home (aka expensive to get to)

realistically she needs to get on that coach and if you try and risk something else it could backfire and make things worse.

 

(sorry don’t want to come across as rude or negative but it’s just how it is!)

Hey Gooner, they said they'd moved since they bought the coach tickets....there must be loads of people in this boat.  Now what would be really really lovely is if a Lincoln-based festival fan offered to put these two up for the night.  That would make my heart sing 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, bexj said:

Hey Gooner, they said they'd moved since they bought the coach tickets....there must be loads of people in this boat.  Now what would be really really lovely is if a Lincoln-based festival fan offered to put these two up for the night.  That would make my heart sing 🙂

Seems like his story has changed since he posted in March 🤷‍♂️

B73DF704-785D-48E7-82FD-F7ADA6C18195.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Seems like his story has changed since he posted in March 🤷‍♂️

B73DF704-785D-48E7-82FD-F7ADA6C18195.png

Case of we know what we voted for but now it's here we don't like it. Reap what you sow. The Glasto community is a friendly bunch who really try to help out....but there are limits 🙈🙉🙊

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think she's gonna have to bite the bullet and get that coach! Still trains available for £20. There's a few private host rooms available that night for £40, 0.5 miles from the centre of Lincoln. She'll forget the inconvenience when she gets to Pilton! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

ths post has been removed because it doesn't reach the low threshold for trolling around here.

I thought it was a harsh but valid point made by @CauliflowerEar. The history shows the OP knowingly booked a coach package in the resale from Lincoln for his girlfriend when they are actually based in London and was seemingly economical with the truth when asking for assistance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...