Beer Prices

Barneym

12 minutes ago, Whizz said:

I note that some stalls are selling 250ml cans of Red Bull for £4.50!!  Absolutely insane!  Not really much of a fan of Red Bull myself though.  I prefer Monster!  How much are these being sold for there?  I'm guessing they could be selling for as much as £5!

It's one of the things I hate about festivals.  Ridiculously overpriced food and drink!

That’s f**king outrageous price gouging.

Without wanting to sound like an old timer, the phone signal is really good. Made several phone calls to others on site and connected every time. Whatsapp working ok.

Back on topic. Here's the bar list from the big bar with nice vibe next to the acoustic tent. Weirdly not many bins next to the bar itself? 

PXL_20230622_164807234.thumb.jpg.0f1fd173d27e62af7559ae0dd38fbebf.jpg

Personally (although it's not beer and I'm a big craft beer nut - I've had a couple of cans of vocation from home today) brothers at west holts is great value. Nice selection of flavours too.

Overall pricing good be a lot worse and again not wanting to go off topic too much but food prices aren't as bad as I had feared either. Seen a few £15-16 for a meal next to stages (but they had no queue) but plenty of decent meals around £10 range.

7 hours ago, Isaact said:

The red bull prices were absolutely insane considering that you could go to the Coop on site and buy it for £1.60 a can

Those stall holders that were selling them for £4.50.  I hope hardly anyone was silly enough to buy any those ridiculously overpriced Red Bull cans.  That would serve them right.

On a similar note, I note from that poster of the price of drinks at that Lytham Festival.  £3.00 for a 250ml can of Rockstar!!!!  I like Rockstar drinks, but there's no way I'd pay those sort of prices.  Normally the price of these are £1.29 for 500ml cans!  At this festival, 500ml of Rockstar comes to 6 quid!!!  Absolutely INSANE!!!

Prices were ok, but actual choice, or at least variation between bars was down. 

Example the cockmill above used to have all sorts of different real ale that no other bar had. It made popping into the different bars worthwhile to see what they had. This year it was all otter ale etc.

10 minutes ago, Andeh03 said:

Prices were ok, but actual choice, or at least variation between bars was down. 

Example the cockmill above used to have all sorts of different real ale that no other bar had. It made popping into the different bars worthwhile to see what they had. This year it was all otter ale etc.

If you wanted something cold you had to go with the Brooklyn as the ale was Otter.

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs