Best Live Song of All Time

Somto Unigwe Raphael

26 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

And right now I'm watching Elbow's 2017 Glastonbury set. It's not cool, it's not my favourite but it's always a moment...

Awesome, but I still prefer their performance of it in 2008 - the first time I took my daughter to Glasto - other stage, hot day, sun setting behind us, massive singalong. It was clear they'd gone from 'cult band' to 'big band'. After it finished, my daughter turned to me and said "I think I've just had my first Glastonbury moment". Great times!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Trying but can't upload.. 

Pearl jam.. Better man.. Madison square gardens 

It shows the power of the fans imo.. Not the best pj ever because all songs have there merit but its up there.. 

There ya go. Absolute beauty of a song. First heard it on some late night radio show, which was broadcasting a PJ gig a few months before Vitalogy came out. Remember thinking it was pretty much the perfect song at the time. 

Edited by whitehorses
Nostalgia
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Trying but can't upload.. 

Pearl jam.. Better man.. Madison square gardens 

It shows the power of the fans imo.. Not the best pj ever because all songs have there merit but its up there.. 

Best video on YouTube.

Was so good seeing it at Mad Cool the other year.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, whitehorses said:

There ya go. Absolute beauty of a song. First heard it on some late night radio show, which was broadcasting a PJ gig a few months before Vitalogy came out. Remember thinking it was pretty much the perfect song at the time. 

Thank you so much for putting it up..... 

Can't wait for Hyde Park.. It'll be the 9th pj show.. 

Have you heard Eddie vedder new album.. Hope this works 

https://www.google.com/search?q=eddie+vedder+invincible&oq=Eddie+vedder+in&aqs=chrome.0.0i3i355j46i3j46i512j69i57j0i512l2j46i512j0i512l2.12736j0j8&client=tablet-android-huawei&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

On 2/12/2022 at 12:04 AM, Gnomicide said:

You may be on to something.  I saw them on the Love Town tour in Paris and they opened with Streets it was an incredible moment. This is from Rattle and Hum but same era.

Also the version on the AYCLB tour when they went from Bad to 40 to Streets. Almost always guaranteed a moment, only exception was Glastonbury when something went wrong and it was a bit flat.

On 2/12/2022 at 12:30 AM, circus92 said:

Having clicked on your links, I have just spent the last hour watching a variety of U2 clips on YouTube 😂

My Conclusion - yes it would be very hard for me to argue with you on Streets - absolutely epic live.

Did watch a bit of the Glastonbury gig though and there was def something missing and they completely ruined the intro to Streets which should just be left alone

I was quite lucky at the U2 Glasto gig. Right near front, peak drunk and so hemmed in by an enthusiastic crowd, I only found out it was lashing down when the gig ended! That smoothed over any rough edges there may have been. To this day my mate and I SWEAR they played Ultraviolet, though it didn't appear on setlists...I attribute that to the shortened version of the set that got broadcast at the time. Dunno if the full one ever got put up, but don't want to check and ruin the belief!! 🤣

Have you seen the recent acoustic Bono and Edge version of Sunday Bloody Sunday?