Day Split Thread

Guy Incognito

I thought Nukuluk were fantastic at Visions Festival in London today. Reminded me in some ways of Clipping and other dark, experimental hip-hop acts, although pretty accessible on the whole and with lots of crossover appeal for those who don't usually listen to hip-hop.

• Like 1

More Visions Festival follow-up. 

Fat Dog were indeed a blast while being actually a bit naff and limited musically but naff in a very fun way. Can see why the kids would go crazy for them.

On the other hand-Automation. Son of one of the Gallaghers and serving up pretty much what you'd expect. Not sure why they are appearing on these kinds of festivals. I suppose if you stick 'motorik'in your press release then these days it does enough of a job. That said, queue around the block so maybe it is just me.

O. do a lot with very little. It was too hot to see The Golden Dregs but based on the records I'd imagine Magnetic Fields fans would dig them.

Unrelated note-Jesus I forgot how annoying London crowds can be. Talking so loud even the band needs to ask them to keep it down a little (rant over). Only had that experience a couple of times at EoTR.

8 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Unrelated note-Jesus I forgot how annoying London crowds can be. Talking so loud even the band needs to ask them to keep it down a little (rant over). Only had that experience a couple of times at EoTR.

Yep. Seemed like a lot of people were there to show off their latest outfit rather than actually listen to the music.

Another thing that made me yearn for EOTR was the sound quality - my god the acoustics were terrible in most of the venues. Why put a spoken word artist in a high-ceilinged echoey church where you can barely make out a word he's saying?

1 hour ago, ljsawyer said:

Yep. Seemed like a lot of people were there to show off their latest outfit rather than actually listen to the music.

Another thing that made me yearn for EOTR was the sound quality - my god the acoustics were terrible in most of the venues. Why put a spoken word artist in a high-ceilinged echoey church where you can barely make out a word he's saying?

I'd endorse that, even if at various times last year (it could have been but I didn't think it was my ears) I thought the EOTR speakers were sounding a bit shagged. I assume they were booked in and options may have been limited last year. I do remember Steve Earle on the Garden Stage in 2009 when the left-side speakers were distinctly shot.  

15 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

More Visions Festival follow-up. 

Fat Dog were indeed a blast while being actually a bit naff and limited musically but naff in a very fun way. Can see why the kids would go crazy for them.

On the other hand-Automation. Son of one of the Gallaghers and serving up pretty much what you'd expect. Not sure why they are appearing on these kinds of festivals. I suppose if you stick 'motorik'in your press release then these days it does enough of a job. That said, queue around the block so maybe it is just me.

O. do a lot with very little. It was too hot to see The Golden Dregs but based on the records I'd imagine Magnetic Fields fans would dig them.

Golden Dregs we’re a highlight last year. As for chatterboxes, plenty of em at EOTR, and more prevalent every year

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fat_Buddha said:

Golden Dregs we’re a highlight last year. As for chatterboxes, plenty of em at EOTR, and more prevalent every year

I'm hoping they all returned to Glastonbury this year. There were a fair few annoying instances around the Garden Stage,