Connect Festival

kingcrawler

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 10:23 PM, greenlimetrees said:

Yep! First time! Keep forgetting whose playing then being buzzing when I remind myself! Seems like quite a quiet festival, noticed stage times finish early ? Although that’s not necessarily a bad thing! 

Yeh 22:30 finish? 

not many resale tickets (zero) around…wonder how well it’s selling 

1 hour ago, chickenfire said:

Seen the first few ticket competitions creep up for this. I have no insider info but I'm just assuming it isn't selling well. Would be really interested to find out!

Which? Saw the Connect and Gigsinscotland one. We’re going up from Manchester n hoping it’s not quiet festival (as well as a wet one)

Sky VIP have a competition for tickets going on just now as well. There was another (The List maybe?) that seems to have finished. 

Last year the Friday was extremely quiet but still a great day. Good layout for a festival so I'm sure you'll still have a great time!

I could go to the Friday but can't make the other days, but seeing the Scream is a lot less appealing these days after all the chat about how they treated their keyboardist. Agreed that Saturday in particular looks pretty good. Would be a good day out and would probably reward a bit of effort in terms of travelling from other places in Central belt. 

Given Primal Scream's current reputation, the ticket price, and the "half day", I can see them literally giving away Friday tickets closer to the time. 

I think it's been mentioned before but charging the same ticket price for that Friday and that Saturday is honestly baffling. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, greenlimetrees said:

Do we think this is going to be same for people camping ? Thinking I don’t want to carry a jumper or jacket round all day and much easier if I can just go back to my tent and grab one when needed ?

E2163D7C-2E7C-4F6B-8096-667A1F4627C6.png

You’ll be ok to come and go.  From the Connect app -

“Campers will be able to leave the main festival site to access the car parks, or local amenities via the Campsite Entrance. However, a search will be required on every re-entry. 

Campers will be able to enter the Arena from the Campsite throughout the event but will be searched upon entering the Arena.  “

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure if anyone can help - I'm very rarely in Edinburgh, and I've never been to the Showground, so I was wondering how long it takes to leave the festival after the last act and out to the Ingliston Showground bus stop (we're not staying in the city centre)? The buses are every half hour but there's one 25 minutes after the final act on Sunday, and I think I may be able to make it, but if anyone can confirm/deny this, that'd be much appreciated!

For those who went, how busy was it? I noticed they haven’t confirmed 2024 dates yet, which they did pretty quickly after last years festival. It’s a shame if they’re not keeping it but I’m probably their prime demographic and have only been to one day across both years, so if others are similar then I can see why they might be struggling.

21 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

For those who went, how busy was it? I noticed they haven’t confirmed 2024 dates yet, which they did pretty quickly after last years festival. It’s a shame if they’re not keeping it but I’m probably their prime demographic and have only been to one day across both years, so if others are similar then I can see why they might be struggling.

I went in the Friday and Saturday. 

The Friday was fairly quiet although Primal Scream had a decent crowd. They were on good form - Bobby Gillespie was unusually chatty. The gospel choir really added to the screamadelica set. 

We arrived about 2 o’clock on the Saturday. Zero queue to get in so was a bit concerned that it was going to be badly attended. Thankfully it was much busier in the Saturday. I’d guess that there were twice as many people there. Think it was busier than the Saturday last year. Friendly crowd of all ages. Decent food and drink options. Had vip bands which meant the queues there were much smaller. The food queues later on in the main area were ridiculous.  Kelly Lee Owens had a small crowd but was great. Roisin Murphy had a decent crowd despite her recent online comments. Young Fathers were immense. I haven’t seen them for years and they’re a quality live act now. Fred again put on a great show. Seemed to have a big crowd who were all living it. I saw his Glastonbury set on tv so difficult to compare but think his set works even better in the dark. He’d make an ideal Other stage headliner. 

Hoping it makes a comeback next year and keeps growing. The half day Friday is a bit odd. They’ll need to reduce ticket prices on the Friday or get more acts on. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2023 at 9:08 PM, greenlimetrees said:

Do we think this is going to be same for people camping ? Thinking I don’t want to carry a jumper or jacket round all day and much easier if I can just go back to my tent and grab one when needed ?

E2163D7C-2E7C-4F6B-8096-667A1F4627C6.png

For anyone interested for next year they didn’t implement this policy at all on the Saturday. I wasn’t camping (only there for the day) but went out and came back in with re-entry four times throughout Saturday. I just spoke to security each time before I left and made sure they remembered my face. 

Edited by Kaboom Boxer

On 9/3/2023 at 11:10 AM, kk1977 said:

Had vip bands which meant the queues there were much smaller. The food queues later on in the main area were ridiculous.

We went Saturday VIP too and even in the VIP area the queues for food in the evening were ridiculous. We have up after a 45 minute wait and just got ice cream in the main area. Speed of service for food is definitely something they need to look at improving for next year.