news & politics:discussion

zahidf

5 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

But they've fallen for the media's game! They've diluted down their messaging so much the media can now go "look at how much you backtrack!"

I agree the original mistake was putting the figure down. It just makes things awkward now. But they need to show some backbone, and Starmer needs to give a sense that he is actually passionate about doing SOMETHING to better people's lives.

Somehow, a few months ago, he managed to get the nickname Sir Kid Starver for a Tory policy! How is that playing the media's game well?

They’ve kinda been forced into it by the media constantly running this story from ‘sources’ every few weeks when we knew about it back in June. It’s the same media that would’ve used the Tory message of ‘Labour are going to bankrupt the economy’ if they kept the £28b figure. Either way people brought it so Labour had to make changes.

I believe that Starmer is passionate about changing this country for the better and is genuinely a good man; but I also believe he’s very driven to get Labour into power so will do whatever it takes to ensure they get there.

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

No, but it won't be emitting anything extra cos I'm there.it won't be flying either?

A flight doesn't emit any more whether I am on it or the seat is left empty so that is fine by your logic.

You've got a bee in your bonnet about flying cause you have chosen to give it up and now you act holier than thou about it. 

I went on about 20 flights last year. Hope that annoys you

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

A flight doesn't emit any more whether I am on it or the seat is left empty so that is fine by your logic.

You've got a bee in your bonnet about flying cause you have chosen to give it up and now you act holier than thou about it. 

I went on about 20 flights last year. Hope that annoys you

You being willing to fly does cause planes to be in the air.are you toov dumb to join up the dots with that.

Edited by Neil

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They’ve kinda been forced into it by the media constantly running this story from ‘sources’ every few weeks when we knew about it back in June. It’s the same media that would’ve used the Tory message of ‘Labour are going to bankrupt the economy’ if they kept the £28b figure. Either way people brought it so Labour had to make changes.

I believe that Starmer is passionate about changing this country for the better and is genuinely a good man; but I also believe he’s very driven to get Labour into power so will do whatever it takes to ensure they get there.

You're saying:

"do what the media tells them to because the media has an impact"

while also repeatedly saying

"The media is going to attack Labour and let the Tories off"

Either Labour should be playing the media game better than this, or they should be taking a stand against it. I think they're so cautious it's leading to incompetence in messaging. Simultaneously, that incompetence makes them appear as unprincipled.

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You being willing to go on a mega yacht causes mega yachts to be in the ocean

i don't pay anything for that boat like you pay for planes.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

i don't pay anything for that boat like you pay for planes.

Freeloading is ok when it’s you getting stuff for free then. Flying was ok when you used to go overseas and to the states. You’re such a hypocrite. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Freeloading is ok when it’s you getting stuff for free then. Flying was ok when you used to go overseas and to the states. You’re such a hypocrite. 

it freeloading and boasting about it, just like someone else does (but get a free pass from you for it) no increase in emission from it, like there is from your fklying holidays.

Edited by Neil

12 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

You're saying:

"do what the media tells them to because the media has an impact"

while also repeatedly saying

"The media is going to attack Labour and let the Tories off"

Either Labour should be playing the media game better than this, or they should be taking a stand against it. I think they're so cautious it's leading to incompetence in messaging. Simultaneously, that incompetence makes them appear as unprincipled.

I’m saying that Labour tried to get ahead of the media by putting a costing on the policy which turns out was the wrong move because the media will go with the latest Tory spin. So Labour should’ve just left out the £28b part and accepted the usual double standards of people asking them how it will be paid for.

I don’t think it makes them look unprincipled, as the end goals are still there it was just naive messaging in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

it freeloading and boasting about it, just like someone else does (but get a free pass from you for it) no increase in emission from it, like there is from your fklying holidays.

What about all your past flying holidays? Do they not count?

And I’m not buying the no increase in emissions bit either… why would anyone go and stay on a yacht that’s not going to move at all? 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

slow day for you Neil? The Chase will be on soon and that should see you through to the One Show

at least i see things while they whoosh past you.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

skippy is good at getting upset by my posts which he cant see cos he's got me on ignore!!!!

He could see them because I quoted them… and took screenshots because they were full of slander and untruths as it happens.  

1 minute ago, stuie said:

so long ago they're ancient history. i'm not adding to the problems by doing it now.

And I’m not buying the no increase in emissions bit either… why would anyone go and stay on a yacht that’s not going to move at all? 

People don't seem to understand emissions.

They're not just from moving a plane/boat/van etc. They also include manufacture, use of and disposal of.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

He could see them because I quoted them… and took screenshots because they were full of slander and untruths as it happens.  

truths about him slagging Israel for something he's invented, but not slagging Hamas for publicly stating the same.

you're embarrassed cos you gave him a free pass.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

so long ago they're ancient history. i'm not adding to the problems by doing it now.

You’re not adding to it but you are going to a mega yacht in the summer. Glad we’ve cleared that up.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

at least i see things while they whoosh past you.

Haha. Neil you’re the most wrong person I’ve ever met. You haven’t been right about anything on these forums since about 2016.

It's a serious thing to be accusing people of supporting a prescribed terrorist organisation.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

you are going to a mega yacht in the summer. Glad we’ve cleared that up.

are you smart enough to say how that increases my carbon footprint????

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

It's a serious thing to be accusing people of supporting a prescribed terrorist organisation.

you have been, and you claimed Israel intends to clear gaza, but you never commented on hamas saying they intend to clear israel.

Just now, Neil said:

are you smart enough to say how that increases my carbon footprint????

Just cause you’re on the yacht for free, it’s not make you innocent. 

If I am offered a free ride on a private jet it’s the same principle. 

You’re just a massive stubborn hypocrite who would argue black is white. You’ve always been like this on here but it’s gone 100x since you are bored every day.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

So you got to go to America but we can’t? Ok got it. I guess I’ll have to go stay on a non moving yacht for some reason then.