news & politics:discussion

zahidf

2 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Are you talking about the general population or discussions in these forums?

Both here and online, as seen through the convenient lack of a response here to that post last night. You see it online all the time though, the Tories continually get away with things partly because some people who claim to be anti-Tory probably aren't being completely honest.

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

if you've not been you don't know what you're missing.

If you're talking about Goa, yes I've been and it's a disgrace, occupied by disrespectful "piss-taking" Europeans.

The lyrics by Alabama 3 sum it up perfectly.

Edited by Skip997

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

If you're talking about Goa, yes I've been and it's a disgrace, occupied by disrespectful "piss-taking" Europeans.

The lyrics by Alabama 3 sum it up perfectly.

you went to the wrong place or went at the wrong time.

14 hours ago, Ozanne said:

...partly because some people who claim to be anti-Tory probably aren't being completely honest.

You do you man, but I don't think there's any conspiracy here. If you're suggesting that there might be people claiming to be anti-Tory who are actually secret Tory supporters... that's pretty out there!

5 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

You do you man, but I don't think there's any conspiracy here. If you're suggesting that there might be people claiming to be anti-Tory who are actually secret Tory supporters... that's pretty out there!

Theres no conspiracy but it does feel like some aren’t being completely honest. I would imagine it’s more common than you think.

5 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Anyone else thinking the next election  will have a very low turn out

yeah...I don't know, definitely amongst certain parts of the population..as per usual...the poorest and the young. But overall I can see a lot turning out to vote tactically to get the tories out, and lot of tory voters not bothering. What is it usually, somewhere between 60 and 75%? maybe this time closer to 60 than 75.

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Rumours that Corbyn is going to set up a new political party.

So we get to see how much the red rosette counts.  Galloway failed at the same thing can't see jez doing better .

48 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Yeah, don't vote for politicians it only encourages them.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Trouble is...Starmer doesn't seem very risky or scary...quite the opposite, he's kind of boring.

It'll probably work in his favour

Sadly the UK population doesn't have much imagination when it comes to electing a government.

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Trouble is...Starmer doesn't seem very risky or scary...quite the opposite, he's kind of boring.

So he was the ‘change’ guy in the Autumn and now he’s the opposite. What a brilliant political mind he has. Starmer is a competent, statesman-like man who will do an infinitely better job than Sunak. 

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Yeah, don't vote for politicians it only encourages them.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Ed Davey in a bit of trouble over this post office thing... as he was the minister in charge at the time apparently....

They talked to the real Mr Bates the other day. Said he didn't really blame the politicians as they were being fed info from the civil service.  Generous of him