news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I'm watching a TV program about1974 and a journalist says that journalists  used to phone in a supposed sighting of lord Lucan to get an all expenses trip to somewhere nice.

Makes clear what untrustworthy scum journalists are.

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

He was in Goa, aka Jungle Barry 

didnt see him went i was there, and neither did my mates who'd been going to goa for several decades before me.

5 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

What the hell is he on about ?  Magnets work fine in mater or am I missing so point lol ?

remember, this is the guy who reckoned drinking bleach would cure covid.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Double standards.

Ok, but tories are in power...so we kind of know what their actual polices are...whereas it is understandable that people want to know what Labour would do differently when they get in power.

By next election that will be the choice, same old with the Tories, or take a punt with Labour.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Ok, but tories are in power...so we kind of know what their actual polices are...whereas it is understandable that people want to know what Labour would do differently when they get in power.

By next election that will be the choice, same old with the Tories, or take a punt with Labour.

Exactly, double standards. Tories play politics on easy mode.

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Double standards.

So you've said a few times.

The thing is, it's not like people are being critical of Labour AND giving the Conservatives a big free pass. Most of them will vote Labour and the Tories won't even get a look in.

Casting a critical eye on a political party before you lend them your support (I very intentionally use the word support instead of vote) is the right thing to do. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

The thing is, it's not like people are being critical of Labour AND giving the Conservatives a big free pass. Most of them will vote Labour and the Tories won't even get a look in.

Casting a critical eye on a political party before you lend them your support (I very intentionally use the word support instead of vote) is the right thing to do. 

People give the Tories free passes all the time yet instantly moan the minute there's a headline about Labour they don't like. Case in point is the bad faith moans for years about Labour having no policies and no when the Tories say they don't have any ones there's silence. Double Standards.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

People give the Tories free passes all the time yet instantly moan the minute there's a headline about Labour they don't like. Case in point is the bad faith moans for years about Labour having no policies and no when the Tories say they don't have any ones there's silence. Double Standards.

Are you talking about the general population or discussions in these forums?

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

yeah no one ever moans about the tories.

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Absolutely correct of course, but you're wasting your time trying to be rational with Ozanne. They'll reply with their typical sound bites for a while, and then stop replying as soon as you ask a question they don't quite like (maybe because they don't have an answer, or the answer would clarify something they'd rather keep vague).

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Peter Bone's girlfriend is going to stand as Conservative candidate in his seat. 😄

i bet she makes him look sane. 😛