news & politics:discussion

zahidf

10 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

These Dover queues - surely Brexit is playing a part or is it just the nasty French spoiling kids’ summer holidays?

well..the French border patrol people are needed at Dover because the EU have taken back control of their borders...so yeah, brexit...but at same time the border patrol staff didn't turn up so that how it broke.

8 hours ago, steviewevie said:

so you just come on here to persuade people not to vote labour?

No, I would consider voting Labour myself were I in a marginal and the polls suggested they were in a fight for largest party.

But we can all be honest about the choices that face us.

Starmers leadership is lacklustre. As an individual he lacks charisma and is altogether underwhelming. He has shown himself to be a liar and an authoritarian. There is very little chance of this Labour party delivering the radical, progressive and so desperately needed policies to solve those increasingly acute problems facing the uk.

The only thing this Labour party have going for them is that they aren’t the tories. They may as well make that their election slogan ‘at least we’re not the tories’.

Starmer’s Labour are currently clearly ahead in the polls, he’s doing a great job. He’s turned things around incredibly well considering the state of the party after the 2019 election. 

I wonder why people in another country get so worked up about the UK Labour Party. Strange. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Starmer’s Labour are currently clearly ahead in the polls, he’s doing a great job. He’s turned things around incredibly well considering the state of the party after the 2019 election. 

I wonder why people in another country get so worked up about the UK Labour Party. Strange. 

That’s what I mean by self deception.

You know full well the poll lead is entirely of the tories’ making. You can just check back to the pre partygate period for evidence.

As such it is also transient. As the latest polling on leaders suggests.

9C6CEC6B-FC11-4A91-BFB1-0D6D4C7B9C38.jpeg

37 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

No, I would consider voting Labour myself were I in a marginal and the polls suggested they were in a fight for largest party.

But we can all be honest about the choices that face us.

Starmers leadership is lacklustre. As an individual he lacks charisma and is altogether underwhelming. He has shown himself to be a liar and an authoritarian. There is very little chance of this Labour party delivering the radical, progressive and so desperately needed policies to solve those increasingly acute problems facing the uk.

The only thing this Labour party have going for them is that they aren’t the tories. They may as well make that their election slogan ‘at least we’re not the tories’.

Ok I'll vote labour then.

24 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

That’s what I mean by self deception.

You know full well the poll lead is entirely of the tories’ making. You can just check back to the pre partygate period for evidence.

As such it is also transient. As the latest polling on leaders suggests.

9C6CEC6B-FC11-4A91-BFB1-0D6D4C7B9C38.jpeg

He’s still leading so thanks for backing up my point.

I’ll ask again, weren’t you leaving this thread when it was moved over here? You go back on your word and you’ve pushed people away from this thread, doesn’t seem ideal. 

Edited by Ozanne

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

. As an individual he lacks charisma

that should be no surprise. he was always dull, no one could ha ve missed that.

He has shown himself to be a liar

how????

r and an authoritarian

just as well he's that when there's the haters queued up wanting to take him down, purely cos he replaced their herfo.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

He’s still leading so thanks for backing up my point.

I’ll ask again, weren’t you leaving this thread when it was moved over here? You go back on your word and you’ve pushed people away from this thread, doesn’t seem ideal. 

Okay, maybe it isn’t self deception with you. Just a lack of comprehension.

Lol - Ozanne - the sheriff of the politics thread. Grow up 

56 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

You know full well the poll lead is entirely of the tories’ making.

not entirely, starmer has made labour look like it could be the govt., by marginalising the nutters, corbyn, etc.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Corbyn was hardly exciting, or Miliband. 

Gordon Brown on the other hand...

corbyn was vain as fuck, not the sort of trait you want in a leader.

17 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Okay, maybe it isn’t self deception with you. Just a lack of comprehension.

Lol - Ozanne - the sheriff of the politics thread. Grow up 

Don’t make such a scene by saying you are out of here then reappear with your moaning ways. Stand by your word. 

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Don’t make such a scene by saying you are out of here then reappear with your moaning ways. Stand by your word. 

Hahaha, who do you think you are?

I, Ozanne, am the Internet forum enforcer, and you will obey me!!!!

For your own good, I honestly recommend just logging off once in a while

26 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Hahaha, who do you think you are?

I, Ozanne, am the Internet forum enforcer, and you will obey me!!!!

For your own good, I honestly recommend just logging off once in a while

Whoa, I must have touched a nerve.

I just asked why you went back on your word, it’s almost like you saying you were out of here was complete nonsense all for attention.