news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Ryan1984 said:

I had to nip out and Jeremy Vine/the Daily Express editor were commenting on it - apparently no one landed the killer blow and Johnson will love to prove his critics wrong once again.

It’s not about PMQs though … no killer blow but no way he can bluster his way past the mounting number of resignations… it’s going to continue now and he won’t have anyone to put into the roles .. enough damage was done without a killer blow but Starmer did well there … no Sunak statement though ? Presume they get a choice 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Bollocks that...  Boris was a mess

That’s what I thought from the 15 mins I saw. Loved Starmer’s Charge of the Lightweight Brigade line. You know Boris struggles when he has to rely on attacks on Corbyn and Brexit.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s not about PMQs though … no killer blow but no way he can bluster his way past the mounting number of resignations… it’s going to continue now and he won’t have anyone to put into the roles .. enough damage was done without a killer blow but Starmer did well there … no Sunak statement though ? Presume they get a choice 

Would Sunak rather sell his story to the paper or swiftly arrange a Piers Morgan special interview?

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

I think anyone who cares about the country more than parties actually no - its not the best bit...  He just needs to go and he needs to stop fighting it.

Caring about the country and hating the Tory party is could be seen quite easily as going hand in hand … given the discrace of the past year … how many tory mps are being investigated for sexual misconduct amongst other things .. ? 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

I am not going to defend the Tory party...  but lets not pretend they are the only party with these issues...

Lets also no pretend we have posters here who very much care more about party over country.  

Not sure tbh … seems to be quite a few issues with the tories tbh and in volumes … kind of go hand in hand for me … the corruption is absolutely rife . 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

SNP and Labour have very recently had major issues in this area.  I guess you are blind to it ? 

Nope I’m not but it’s nothing like the level coming from the incumbents … SNP and Labour aren’t 2 party’s I’ve ever voted for as it goes … 

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

looks like going to be a move to change rules in 1922 committee thingy tonight...maybe allowing a new vote of confidence...

Re konspsffer will get told to quit, before there's another vote