U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

"However, if the stock can hold above the $17.50 mark, Trump and insiders would be in line to get an additional 40 million shares to divvy up" 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-04-15/trump-media-plunges-after-registering-shares-warrants-for-sale?embedded-checkout=true

Even though there are a limited number of shares that can be traded currently (which limits people betting against it to quite a degree - short selling) and it's still vastly overvalued compared to the turnover of the business, it's currently down to 22$.  I'm intrigued to see what happens if it goes below the value bloomberg quote. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DJT

31 minutes ago, clarkete said:

"However, if the stock can hold above the $17.50 mark, Trump and insiders would be in line to get an additional 40 million shares to divvy up" 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-04-15/trump-media-plunges-after-registering-shares-warrants-for-sale?embedded-checkout=true

Even though there are a limited number of shares that can be traded currently (which limits people betting against it to quite a degree - short selling) and it's still vastly overvalued compared to the turnover of the business, it's currently down to 22$.  I'm intrigued to see what happens if it goes below the value bloomberg quote. 

sad

13 hours ago, clarkete said:

cant see it being a hot stock, trump is too distracted to run it well enough to make a profit. - if musk/x/twitter is struggling, trump will always be doing worse.

Edited by Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if Trump getting to go along to the F1 race in Miami yesterday, a tour of one of the team's garages and getting to shout campaign lines at sycophants is either a poor reflection on F1 for thinking this was a good idea or consistent with the sport's history, given they previously had Putin present the winning driver of Russian races the trophy (or indeed the litany of other dictators who've got in the sport over the years).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nobody has suddenly switched to Trump’s side because of this verdict - this is the same rubes donating money who’ve been throwing all their money at the rest of his grifts for the last four/eight+ years. This doesn’t change a thing - Biden still wins. 

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Nobody has suddenly switched to Trump’s side because of this verdict - this is the same rubes donating money who’ve been throwing all their money at the rest of his grifts for the last four/eight+ years. This doesn’t change a thing - Biden still wins. 

Yeah surely this loses him the swing vote, especially women...

I think there now is a case for some of his other trials going ahead as soon as possible. Surely if these other 3 huge accusations regarding both his 2020 post-election conduct and his attempt to cover up nicking confidential documents have to be investigated to give the Americans closure.

Admittedly I shouldn't be under-estimating the effect of Republican America to frustrate these, particularly as the impact of already getting him down for one of these (appeal pending) is pretty huge. Either way, it's kind of uncharted territory and might make it even harder to predict. And I say this as someone who still felt this election was 50/50.

I guess we'll see what the effect of this soon enough - has it either motivated Trump's base to truly go mental with their "liberal deep state hates us!" war cry or will it make more moderate voters think "pass on the crook"? The weird paradox is that it might not change that many presumptions given there seems to be a lot of people where it just leans into what they already thought about the man.

But it's why I think there's an argument Trump's other trials should start as soon as, if only as these cases need some form of closure and to truly stop these hanging over the ballot. Indeed, the classified docs one could've already started but for a Trump-appointed judge putting a thumb on the scale, and the Georgia one has been held up by questions over an important figure in the prosecution's conduct.

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

But it's why I think there's an argument Trump's other trials should start as soon as, if only as these cases need some form of closure and to truly stop these hanging over the ballot. Indeed, the classified docs one could've already started but for a Trump-appointed judge putting a thumb on the scale, and the Georgia one has been held up by questions over an important figure in the prosecution's conduct.

the Georgia one is too embarrassing when trump is standing again.