guypjfreak

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Finally got the badly patched (by me) hole in my Luton roof properly repaired, hopefully no more leaks. Hole caused by me hitting a tree branch on a very narrow Cornish lane.

Even better! I may have found a reasonably secure winter park up for the afore mentioned van.

Nice one. Good luck with the park up.

I accidentally ripped the skylight off our now very much off the road (SORN) campervan. I'll not go into the details, but I was f**king angry (a bit) before I managed to rip the f**ker off the roof! And then I had to spend a long holiday weekend trying to enjoy myself (and be pleasing to others) - all the while 'knowing' what 'I' had done!  I'm over it now though, as you can tell. 

I’m a massive fan of the street artist Akse who’s paintings of musicians and others (famously the Marcus Rashford one) in Manchester and the North are very well known, so delighted we have a replacement to the tragically painted over Ian Curtis image, which I find very evocative and moving 

IMG_4833.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Remember these stickers?  They’ve started appearing in our town again!😊

IMG_1965.thumb.jpeg.b04a7026c7cb301cac6341f1470600ba.jpeg

I had to look up the word 'Gouranga' and why is would appear on stickers, and I received conflicting interests from;

(1) "Gouranga" is a Hare Krishna mantra meaning "be happy".

to

(2) In the infamous-at-the-time computer game Grand Theft Auto the award for sucessfully running down an entire group of Krishna followers was known as the 'Gouranga bonus'. I'm only guessing, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is part of the marketing campaign for the third game in the series, which is scheduled for release in time for Christmas. *

* Not sure when that was dated, so the third game could have come out a year / years ago - as I don't follow such things.

So, are the stickers benevolent, or a cynical marketing ploy?

19 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I had to look up the word 'Gouranga' and why is would appear on stickers, and I received conflicting interests from;

(1) "Gouranga" is a Hare Krishna mantra meaning "be happy".

to

(2) In the infamous-at-the-time computer game Grand Theft Auto the award for sucessfully running down an entire group of Krishna followers was known as the 'Gouranga bonus'. I'm only guessing, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is part of the marketing campaign for the third game in the series, which is scheduled for release in time for Christmas. *

* Not sure when that was dated, so the third game could have come out a year / years ago - as I don't follow such things.

So, are the stickers benevolent, or a cynical marketing ploy?

The stickers were around decades ago but have made a sudden reappearance in my area. Looks like I’m not the only old hippy in town.😉😊

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Better call Saul

Better than the breaking bad IMO

Have a good weekend all..

Easter Island head's made for brothers and sisters all with my dads Ashe's in COVID testtubes shoved inside..IMG_20231029_153149808.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You have the most beautiful vista. *

* - and I bet your pins ain't that bad either! 

Ooh you are awful

anyway glad I did the hills yesterday, it’s absolutely pissing down today😊😉     Actually the valley below the hill I’m on is where some scenes for the recent Shetland tv series were filmed

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ooh you are awful

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

anyway glad I did the hills yesterday, it’s absolutely pissing down today😊😉     Actually the valley below the hill I’m on is where some scenes for the recent Shetland tv series were filmed

I come from an Irish background, and am 'supposed' to have total allegiance to it's natural beauty. However, I have visited Scotland a few times ( I have visited a few of the west coast islands) and nothing compares to the scenery in Scotland. It is truly awesome / breathtaking. It is one of my ambitions to get my campervan back on the road and do the NC500. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Sadly the park up "fell through", most annoying.

However, although the van failed it's MOT, it's relatively minor and not too costly, should be sorted by tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about the park up falling through, but pleased to hear about the van. Have you an alternative park up now?

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Sorry to hear about the park up falling through, but pleased to hear about the van. Have you an alternative park up now?

No, but I'm not actually living in the van ATM.

I'm "stuck" in a flat and a job that I hate.

It's literally killing me - mental health problems causing physical illness.

5 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I'm "stuck" in a flat and a job that I hate.

I hated my last job, at the end ie before, fortunately, being made redundant. I was very much holding on by my fingertips. I had been there 28 years, and was 'institutionalised' / bored out of my skull. I'm not advocating leaving your job (that's your decision to make, one way or the other), but will say that I'm glad I didn't do another 20 years on top of what I had already done. 

That 'may', or 'may not' help. It is well intended, anyway.