guypjfreak

36 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

If like me you're at a loss now Happy Valley's finished there's some small consolation that The Skewer is back on Radio 4 on Wednesday nights. In a glorious moment starting at 7.35 minutes the mighty Catherine Cawood takes on Liz Truss

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001hx8s

Thanks for posting that dizzymoo. I have copied it and will listen to it when the balance of the mind coincides again with that of consensus reality. Not really, I'll probably listen to that far sooner than then. Tomorrow, I'd have thought. Tonight's out of the question. I think the communication vehicle that I'll end up using tonight is via semaphore flags. Luckily I have two semaphore flags ready by my side, at all times, just in case this sort of scenario occurs (Oh do Fuck Off Batman with your silly anti-shark spray. I'll do a Damien (Hirst) on you like I did Sharkey Larkey, you big lycra clad brute, you!)

That's it. I have died laughing.

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I know it’s bit in bad taste but I had to laugh when I saw that McDonalds have been asked to remove this advert

8C4164D9-EDF7-441D-B6E3-B67F7D78595B.jpeg.3cda4fc7c442a740cb216da0e133c837.jpeg

Could have been worse, could have been Burger King...

"Flame Grilling just tastes better..."

I wish I could say that was my joke, I stole it from a comment section for the article earlier today. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have bought a hand made one off table, which I have been trying to buy for several months now, but have been thwarted in doing so, up until now. I managed to buy it for £100, which was £85 less than the asking price - result! The table is made from old gym beam bars, and I'm well happy with it.

image.thumb.jpeg.468ddb3e6ed179cc0907c32ab68722c6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3beed1c50da98ecfbf48f800201d167f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.113f311faee16698359acc5130b4aa91.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have bought a hand made one off table, which I have been trying to buy for several months now, but have been thwarted in doing so, up until now. I managed to buy it for £100, which was £85 less than the asking price - result! The table is made from old gym beam bars, and I'm well happy with it.

image.thumb.jpeg.468ddb3e6ed179cc0907c32ab68722c6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3beed1c50da98ecfbf48f800201d167f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.113f311faee16698359acc5130b4aa91.jpeg

bloody hell those woodworm are massive round your way 

After 5 months sat outside.. We pulled some fuel through to the pump, made sure battery was OK and turned the key.. 

After a little choking and boom she was purring like a tiger.. Booked in for her Safety check in a week as she doesn't have mots and she's ready to go 

I'm fucking Sooooo happy to have my wagon up and running... Today was a good day.. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

After 5 months sat outside.. We pulled some fuel through to the pump, made sure battery was OK and turned the key.. 

After a little choking and boom she was purring like a tiger.. Booked in for her Safety check in a week as she doesn't have mots and she's ready to go 

I'm fucking Sooooo happy to have my wagon up and running... Today was a good day.. 

we are taking the grandkids on holiday next week, sounds like a chore but actually I reckon it’s going to be fun. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Exactly. 

Make it so, etc

Let them have a ball.

Give them that ball.

There's time enough for growing up.

Yes, circumstances meant I lost quite a bit of my childhood and teens and was always determined my own kids wouldn’t miss out and now the same for my grandkids. Binned Peppa Pig yesterday and had a Black Sabbaths Paranoid living room mosh pit. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2