guypjfreak

Just now, Ommadawn said:

Next week it will be a fox cub 😁

even a small fox cub will be bigger than my little cat. - there's  urban foxes around here, but nowhere for a fox den.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

an injured live mouse, into the wheelie bin where the mouse can be heard running around, it means the mouse ends up a long way away from here, and has the chance of life if it can survive until bin day.

No need to watch the whole video - just the start will show you the apparatus that i used to get rid of some kind of rodent from my house (see ideo). I saw the little bastards come into the house one morning at around 3am. I was sat at my computer and just heard scurrying, and then saw 2 little creatures on the stairs. One went straight up the stairs, and one just turned and looked at me - for what seemed like an unnecessary amount of time, hoped up a stair step and then just turned and looked at me again, also for what seemed like an unnecessary amount of time! And then it just went up the stairs completely to follow its mate. It was winter outside, so I could see their logic. Why be out there, when you could be in here.

i'vde got a little flat roof outside my office window, one day last summer when the window was open, a little mouse climbed up the wall from the flat roof and in thru the windows, i chased him out again.

On 3/30/2023 at 12:21 PM, Neil said:

we got brought a live mouse yesterday, the wife caught it and binned it, and now we have an unhappy cat looking for her mouse.

I used to convince myself that the cats brought in mice until my neighbour informed me they were more likely to be baby rats from the bottom of the gardens where they had some nests under peoples sheds! The night they brought in a bigger “teenager rat” I had to call her in to deal with it😂

34 minutes ago, sedra said:

I used to convince myself that the cats brought in mice until my neighbour informed me they were more likely to be baby rats from the bottom of the gardens where they had some nests under peoples sheds! The night they brought in a bigger “teenager rat” I had to call her in to deal with it😂

might be rats i'd know if i got a look. not seen rats here, but think there might be some  in the ginnel at the back (an old neighbour mentioned it), but I saw a fat one waddling down the street at my old house a mile away.

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

might be rats i'd know if i got a look. not seen rats here, but think there might be some  in the ginnel at the back (an old neighbour mentioned it), but I saw a fat one waddling down the street at my old house a mile away.

They say you are never more than few feet away from a rat - am looking out my hospital window and have spotted a rat poison box alongside the opposite wall 😲

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Great name and a nice little winner today! 👍

Screenshot_20230415-152641~2.png

Congratulations on your win. I have put two small bets on the Grand National today. If all goes according to the plan (and the usual MO) then I should be down a very small bit of money fairly soon. It's not my 'plan', it's 'theirs'. I have never won a thing on the Grand National ever since my dad put a bet on for me and my brothers, when we were kids. Mind you, there was a good spell of years when it's existence passed me by, at the appropriate time.