Er, Harry Styles

henry bear

38 minutes ago, jyoung said:

There's a musical diversity on most of the stages at Glasto and that includes what you'd call manufactured pop. I've seen it on the Pyramid, Other, John Peel, Park and so on. Have never once thought it was out of place anywhere or ruining the festival. I don't listen to heavy stuff but I don't whine when it turns up somewhere on the line up. There's literally a place for everything, everywhere. When people start policing who should and shouldn't play and where they are and aren't welcome it becomes a bit, grim. Just because something is manufactured doesn't make it inherently bad or evil either. Plenty of people enjoyed Kylie last year. Lighten up.

-fpLwli87-tB5YP1E0i8tM_F9Ds=.gif 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Also a big factor of playing a festival like Glastonbury is you need to be valid competition for acts playing on other stages. It’s all well and good sticking someone like Anna Calvi on a massive stage, but if she’s playing at the same time as some big gun artists she may struggle to get a crowd.

Yes good point there young Matthew. I stand by my own and do think that greater efforts try to showcase underrated artists by design of the lineup would be a welcome move.

9 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Love this place - who would have thought the "hot" thread of the day would have been about Harry Styles?

A welcome diversion from those other 2 threads

You’re welcome. I’ll tell you another thing, he’s not fit to lace his uncle nobby’s boots.

Anyway, by now I’m at least two and a half sheets to the wind, have a nice weekend allihopa 

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not so sure that holds water. Recent Pymild acts range from Motorhead and ZZ Top to Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus via Kris Kristofferson, Patti Smith and the Orchestra of Syrian Musicians.

Throw me in analogy jail then gosh damn

36 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

His last album was pony....

I'll get my coat

:D 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You don't think the influence was a bit more in the other direction?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Coachella was actually relatively alternative back then. And I assume that isn't the point you were making.

Probably. I guess what I meant was not that they have the exact same sort of lineups but they have similar approaches. A lineup which tries to cover a wide range of bases.

As I said before though, it’s not so much the case now as Coachella has gone much heavier down the route of hip hop and Edm with the occasional alternative act sprinkled in.