NOS Alive 2020

4 minutes ago, OJ_Ketchup said:

No clue  who they are 🤨

"Easy Life are an English alternative group formed in 2017 in Leicester. In 2018 Easy Life signed to Island Records. They were placed second on BBC's annual music poll, Sound of 2020. Their EP, Junk Food, reached No. 7 on the UK Albums Chart a day after its release."

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening to you all, as the nos stage and sagres stage are almost complete, does anyone has just done a potential timetable of the festival? I expect in the next months they’ll release some other undercards to play at the beginning of each day on those stages, plus artists of Nos Clubbing and palco comèdia

Maybe Yungblub, Kacey Musgraves and Ari Lennox

Yungblud afirmed in a live video on instagram that he is going to play in portugal this summer

Kacey and Ari are a big predicttion for this nos alive edition. They will be playing in europe this summer. The dates are open for now

Edited by manelrl

14 minutes ago, Eugenio said:

The Coronavirus emergence is not so dangerous in Portugal as in other states, and the virus cannot survive to high temperatures. And we know that summer in Lisbon is very hot. Finally, the festival itself stated that is still on

I hope you'll be right but I think this is not the point.

A lot of festivals are regularly working at their 2020 edition but most of them would need months to be builded and for this reason they will be canceled or rescheduled (as Glastonbury did). And if this will happen (and it will), a lot of bands and artists will reschedule their European Tours. That's why I'm not so hopeful about all the early summer festivals.

Let's cross our fingers, keep ourselves safe and respect the rules and maybe we'll save this summer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

I hope you'll be right but I think this is not the point.

A lot of festivals are regularly working at their 2020 edition but most of them would need months to be builded and for this reason they will be canceled or rescheduled (as Glastonbury did). And if this will happen (and it will), a lot of bands and artists will reschedule their European Tours. That's why I'm not so hopeful about all the early summer festivals.

Let's cross our fingers, keep ourselves safe and respect the rules and maybe we'll save this summer.

Agree, but Glastonbury is a much bigger festival than nos alive, so we cannot consider that to build the venue for the latter is needed the same time required for the former; and we should note also that Glastonbury is held a month before nos alive and in a much colder state 🇬🇧

So better not be afraid of that problem in this moment, we must see the situation in April or May and keep 🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Eugenio said:

🇬🇧

So better not be afraid of that problem in this moment, we must see the situation in April or May and keep 🤞🏻

We should better look at the artists that are going to cancel their summer tour. 

4 hours ago, Eugenio said:

The Coronavirus emergence is not so dangerous in Portugal as in other states, and the virus cannot survive to high temperatures. And we know that summer in Lisbon is very hot. Finally, the festival itself stated that is still on

It's not a matter of how dangerous it is, it's a matter of how dangerous it can get and what efforts we possess in order to tackle that. No one really knows what is going to happen and under that uncertainty it is much easier to just avoid big risks. Even if Portugal's situation settles down, that doesn't mean others' will. Contact with other countries can be something that's just not worth having for a while. My 2c

4 hours ago, Eugenio said:

Agree, but Glastonbury is a much bigger festival than nos alive, so we cannot consider that to build the venue for the latter is needed the same time required for the former; and we should note also that Glastonbury is held a month before nos alive and in a much colder state 🇬🇧

Sure, I'm not comparing Alive with Glastonbury, I'm just telling that, because of the current situation and its consequencies on other big events like Glastonbury, Primavera, APE, Werchter, Pinkpop... A lot of bands will postpone their European tours booked for late spring / early summer.

All this to explain that, unfortunately, it isn't a Portugal-related question.

Let's just hope and keep safe ourselves and the other persons around us.

It might be the case Portugal has less issues than several other European nations, but I don't think bands are going to randomly play some and not others if some of their stops are unusable. And also Portugal might be difficult for some as you have to go through Spain if coming by bus from France, and there's little guarantee Spain is going to be ready anytime soon.

My instinct is festivals in August might have a chance but July ones are getting to the stage of being in peril if June events are being thrown by the wayside.

• Like 1