Gojira

HoTWire

Amazing to see Gojira play such a small stage last night, came out and totally gave a headline level performance (as you'd expect).  Great fun down the front.

One thing I find interesting though is given that in the run up last time Napalm Death had a bunch of press and were present in the brochure, it seems that this year they have tried to minimise the presence of one of the most popular metal bands in Europe.  Literally just the listing for Truth stage and that is all.

Anyway worth the price of admission for a slightly more intimate Gojira gig :D

Crowd was big enough without being packed - pretty perfect for that kind of band really. Plenty of room to dip in and out of circle pits and have a little headbang of my own.

Band were excellent. Probably would’ve never paid to go see tem at their own gig but after seeing that set I’m definitely on it. Heavy as shit and all energy, with an enthusiastic crowd to boot.

THE WHHHAAAAALLLLEEESSSSS.

• Upvote 1

They were fucking great, very much my performance of the weekend. I was working on the nearby vehicle gate on the Friday, 2-10pm and about 7pm a big 4wd stopped at the accreditation booth, five blokes stepped out to get wristbanded etc, dressed all in black - now it was still a good 25 degrees stinking hot and dusty, and in a population of glasto’s standard 200k primarily wearing rainbows and unicorns an shit these five blokes really stood out ??? it was Gojira, so I got rid of my tabard for a sec and said a quick hello to em - they were really nice, quite wary of ‘not playing to our usual audience’ but I told em I couldn’t wait and that they were gonna slay us all - so lo and behold they did! 

I deserve an assist for their performance ?????