Four Tet

Bannyman

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah. I'm out.  The whole appeal was it was under the radar, wilfully obscure, globally cosmic wake-up music.  If its going to rammo cos of the sort of c**ts who queue up to see big name DJs Imma get to Rick Astley all the earlier.

I will be there for the music 👍

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Get there early. Contrary to what was said above, it will be busy.

I wonder how many people actually know it's him? I mean, it feels more like a secret set if he's not putting his usual name on the bill.

But as it's early and I'll be feeling groggy after an all-timer Friday, I won't be too fussed about getting in. If I can hear from a bench propping me up, I'd be happy, haha.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah. I'm out.  The whole appeal was it was under the radar, wilfully obscure, globally cosmic wake-up music.  If its going to rammo cos of the sort of c**ts who queue up to see big name DJs Imma get to Rick Astley all the earlier.

I mean, big name DJs usually have queues to see them... that's the nature of a big named DJ, isn't it? That they attract a lot of people. 

59 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I wonder how many people actually know it's him? I mean, it feels more like a secret set if he's not putting his usual name on the bill.

So much of the stuff he's traded on this year is the FOMO-ish social media "you have to be there" schtick, so coming off the back of this b3b thing he's doing it'll absolutely be rammed just through word of mouth alone.

19 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I mean, big name DJs usually have queues to see them... that's the nature of a big named DJ, isn't it? That they attract a lot of people. 

I think the point was that it will be rammed full of people who want to see Four Tet's normal set but are instead sat watching 2 hours of morningside

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think the point was that it will be rammed full of people who want to see Four Tet's normal set but are instead sat watching 2 hours of morningside

Tbh, it would amaze me if people get there and stay for two hours, if they don't like it, never mind the name of the person. I don't think I've ever turned up to a big name, realised after 5-10 minutes I didn't like it, and stayed for the majority. I certainly had no idea it was Four Tet doing something a bit different, but upon hearing it's him and checking out the whole Morning Side thing, I can say I'll be there for the music - and I bet most people who go are doing so, because it's by Four Tet and not some no-name DJ they've never heard of. Don't see the harm in that and it certainly doesn't mean anyone is a c**t.

Four Tet's afternoon/night-time festival DJ sets are epic. He will be super popular if he's playing one of those (as opposed to what sounds like chilled/alternative sets mentioned above).

He is huge though. His Finsbury Park 6hr August show sold out last year (and was ace) and has done again this year.

When is he at IICON? I can't see that on Clashfinder.

midnight to 2am. i hope he does ecclectic stuff and drops in random pop tunes like CRJ and Taylor, would put a smile on my face. saw him play brandy and monica the boy is mine on one set too.... mix that in with his usual stuff and it should be fun!