Waterproofs

dingbat2

Yeah, I know it won't rain and all that... but in the unlikely event it does...

Can anyone recommend and decent waterproofs? All the ones I have used previously seem to make me more wet than if I didnt wear them at all, either from leaking or (alleged) sweat.

So can any recommend any cheapish, compact waterproofs, including trousers? They only need to keep me dry, obviously! It would be nice to not have to worry about getting wet, and more importantly cold, this year, should the unlikely event happen

Thanks

Just make sure the waterproof is lined

I have a regatta lined waterproof coat ive used for years wasnt v expensive

I never take my expensive gear to festivals

I usually get a poncho whilst I am there to wear over it if it is torrential so my legs dont get wet

This year I've purchased this instead of buying and binning 1use ponchos!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232848095395

I also have some regatta waterproof trousers I do take to festivals but rarely use, they do the job though so would recommend them!

I've found this from Decathlon relatively decent.

Packs small, and gives full coverage including proper sleeves being long enough to mostly cover your legs, and has space to fit a backpack under.

Shame they only do it in depressing colours.

I ride a bike to work in all weathers and just use a cheap (£6.99) pair of waterproof trousers I got off ebay that do the job just fine.  Combined with a rainproof coat I picked up from a stall at the festival in 2016 for a tenner I stay dry.  I'll be packing both items but only expect to use the trews for overnight in the queue if weather is inclement.  For the legs it's best just to stick to shorts in my experience.

58 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I've got a Rains coat thats had a good drenching thess past couple of days. Don't know what it would fair like in warmer temps wirh breathability but if you can find one on sale I'd say they're worth it and the hoods are massive.

Seconded for the Rains coat.

Best I’ve had, I came out of a 20 minute blitz at Lost Village last year with everything underneath bone dry. 

Fits really well and has lasted me 4 years so far and is still in near perfect condition.

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thats a great price ....think mine is the same... good brand berghaus 

I'd definitely recommend it, i had a North face lightweight compact for around 10 years that had been waterproofed so many times that it just stopped working ,this is a great replacement.

Had a look at these yesterday though didn't buy them, (although i may yet), but i like the zips on them, making them easy to get off with wellies or boots.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15901555/oex-arimo-waterproof-overtrousers-unisex-15901555

Edited by brandycoke

• 3 weeks later...