Space in Worthy View Tent

Big_Stav1984

2 hours ago, Skoo said:

Every time I see Shakin’ Stevens written anywhere my mind replaces ‘Shakin’ with ‘Shaven’. 

Shaven Stevens. 

Your post has put a very odd notion in to my mind. One which wasn't there before. I have now got the scorched impression on my mind of 'Shakin' with a 'shaven haven'. 

I know that this is an unbearable thought, and that I have now 'shared' it with you. 

I'm sorry, but I didn't start this. 

I blame Michael Barratt - AKA ' The Shaven One'.

34 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Your post has put a very odd notion in to my mind. One which wasn't there before. I have now got the scorched impression on my mind of 'Shakin' with a 'shaven haven'. 

I know that this is an unbearable thought, and that I have now 'shared' it with you. 

I'm sorry, but I didn't start this. 

I blame Michael Barratt - AKA ' The Shaven One'.

Hahaha! 

(The Yog Book idea has just popped into my head again. I must work on this. That said, tonight isn’t the night to discuss it. I sense you’re ‘indulging’ tonight! Enjoy, my friend!)

17 hours ago, Woffy said:

Hahaha! 

(The Yog Book idea has just popped into my head again. I must work on this. That said, tonight isn’t the night to discuss it. I sense you’re ‘indulging’ tonight! Enjoy, my friend!)

Hello Woffy,

T'was an indulgent day / evening / night last night, to be sure. I'm just starting off on Round 2. One of my brothers is visiting us, and he can drink like a fish. Unfortunately he has no money, so I'm funding the whole operation, which also includes a couple of types of powder.

Hope that you and yours are all happy and well. :)

20 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Woffy,

T'was an indulgent day / evening / night last night, to be sure. I'm just starting off on Round 2. One of my brothers is visiting us, and he can drink like a fish. Unfortunately he has no money, so I'm funding the whole operation, which also includes a couple of types of powder.

Hope that you and yours are all happy and well. :)

All good here Yog, thanks.

Take it easy tonight at your end!

There should be a short n snappy motto / maxim about being battered but being just that bit less battered than everyone else so you can knowingly laugh your arse off at them and remind them in intimate detail of their idiocy in the morning!  

37 minutes ago, Woffy said:

All good here Yog, thanks.

Take it easy tonight at your end!

There should be a short n snappy motto / maxim about being battered but being just that bit less battered than everyone else so you can knowingly laugh your arse off at them and remind them in intimate detail of their idiocy in the morning!  

That's good to hear Woffy.

I'm afraid that it will be impossible to take it easy tonight. My brother almost demands a good session, and I'm hardly averse to one, let's face it!

That motto / maxim you mention, I think that it's called memory - but am not so sure!  lol

Damn clever marketing, that jingle is occupying (wasting) many many millions of brain cells countrywide. No other powder in the history of powders has wasted as many cells as shake and vac.

Fact.,

maybe.

I can't admit to a the tv star I once used as w*nk material. But hey "THAT'S LIFE"

Not my fault, my mum had hidden the littlewoods catalogue. 

Edited by mashedonmud

3 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

That stage of my life I was lucky it wasn't the f@cking dog that said "SAUSAGES"

Talk to me about it! There was a time when I could have w*nked for my country - and won a gold medal. This was during my O level revision mostly - anything but revise and all that. Anyway, one day, while trying to revise physics, I got bored and decided to knock a round off. The result was that I fell over backwards off a chair, fortunately covered by a duvet. I say fortunately, because my mom burst in to the room on hearing the crash, and asked if I was alright. I said that I was, and I think that she realised the situation and retreated and closed the door. 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Talk to me about it! There was a time when I could have w*nked for my country - and won a gold medal. This was during my O level revision mostly - anything but revise and all that. Anyway, one day, while trying to revise physics, I got bored and decided to knock a round off. The result was that I fell over backwards off a chair, fortunately covered by a duvet. I say fortunately, because my mom burst in to the room on hearing the crash, and asked if I was alright. I said that I was, and I think that she realised the situation and retreated and closed the door. 

She wasn't then, as a trained physicist familiar with Brownian motion or the vaguiaries of Watson and Cricks DNA descoveries? 

5 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

She wasn't then, as a trained physicist familiar with Brownian motion or the vaguiaries of Watson and Cricks DNA descoveries? 

Unfortunately, although not a trained physicist, I believe that she was still able to come to the same conclusion as those people.

As an aside, when I went to secondary school they, naturally enough, did a physics lesson or two on Brownian motion. At first the teacher explained that all the blinds had to be pulled down on the windows, then we'd have to do this that and the other, to witness the Brownian motion experiment. So, the blinds were eagerly drawn down so that there was complete darkness. Then, almost immediately, there was a shout of pain, followed by another shout of pain, etc. This went on until we heard the physics teacher also shout out in complete agony. Then it stopped. Then we knew that he, also, had been heavily stabbed with the pointy bit of a drawing compass.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Unfortunately, although not a trained physicist, I believe that she was still able to come to the same conclusion as those people.

As an aside, when I went to secondary school they, naturally enough, did a physics lesson or two on Brownian motion. At first the teacher explained that all the blinds had to be pulled down on the windows, then we'd have to do this that and the other, to witness the Brownian motion experiment. So, the blinds were eagerly drawn down so that there was complete darkness. Then, almost immediately, there was a shout of pain, followed by another shout of pain, etc. This went on until we heard the physics teacher also shout out in complete agony. Then it stopped. Then we knew that he, also, had been heavily stabbed with the pointy bit of a drawing compass.

Aaaagh Yog. I read your report most eagerly (If that sounds a bit too earnest then it might do, for I have just finished reading "The Spy and The Traitor" written by Ben Macintire of Oleg Gordievsky, it is the best spy book you will ever peruse. Trust me, I'm an expert. X

11 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

I love though,  your "asides" they are fizzing with conjecture?.

Hello Northern Soul,

I was going to say that I'll look into that book that you mention. Then I thought 'Fuck it, I'll buy the thing'. It is now done - I've just bought a copy off ebay, and am very much looking forward to reading it. That said, I don't know how we managed to get on to spy books.

As another aside - you say that you are an expert on spy books. Are you a spy yourself? If answering that means that you have to kill me after, then don't bother answering.

As another aside - what would you say if I told you that spies frequented this forum?

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Northern Soul,

I was going to say that I'll look into that book that you mention. Then I thought 'Fuck it, I'll buy the thing'. It is now done - I've just bought a copy off ebay, and am very much looking forward to reading it. That said, I don't know how we managed to get on to spy books.

As another aside - you say that you are an expert on spy books. Are you a spy yourself? If answering that means that you have to kill me after, then don't bother answering.

As another aside - what would you say if I told you that spies frequented this forum?

Yog. As a servant of Her Majesty's Secret Service do you think I would adulterate you and your brothers powders? I mean, divulge my operational details?! Tricky now I know. Who is this Northern Soul c**t? What subterfuge! Would an agent of Her Magesties Secret Service use such an obvious stageing post for an ambush? Almost certainly not. However, I'm aware that as a resident of Shropshire who owns a lovely little place on the river there's nothing to see here. Move along, there's nothing to see here?.

6 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

Yog. As a servant of Her Majesty's Secret Service do you think I would adulterate you and your brothers powders? I mean, divulge my operational details?! Tricky now I know. Who is this Northern Soul c**t? What subterfuge! Would an agent of Her Magesties Secret Service use such an obvious stageing post for an ambush? Almost certainly not. However, I'm aware that as a resident of Shropshire who owns a lovely little place on the river there's nothing to see here. Move along, there's nothing to see here?.

Hello Northern,

I'm in the very fortunate position in that I don't give a flying fuck what kind of 'authority' comes at me. The reason for this is twofold;

(1) I may be able to out smart those people.

(2) I actually harbour a desire to be locked up.

Obviously I'm not game on for being assasinated - natch. 

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Northern,

I'm in the very fortunate position in that I don't give a flying fuck what kind of 'authority' comes at me. The reason for this is twofold;

(1) I may be able to out smart those people.

(2) I actually harbour a desire to be locked up.

Obviously I'm not game on for being assasinated - natch. 

1) I've been locked up before, it's no biggie, I wouldn't worry about it.

2) Your proximity to Hereford I wouldn't worry about. I'll say no more.

4) You'll notice I missed out 3) so as not to unduly alert you to the absent information of 3)? 

5) closely following on from 4) means nothing other than that.

6) is genuinely #6 a real honest to God number 6. Not a Russian agent 6. Not a double ag4nt 6.

7) Ince3asing numb3rs of the us3 of the n7mbs4 3 here. Is that a sign?

8) Christ. Espionage?.

2 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

1) I've been locked up before, it's no biggie, I wouldn't worry about it.

2) Your proximity to Hereford I wouldn't worry about. I'll say no more.

4) You'll notice I missed out 3) so as not to unduly alert you to the absent information of 3)? 

5) closely following on from 4) means nothing other than that.

6) is genuinely #6 a real honest to God number 6. Not a Russian agent 6. Not a double ag4nt 6.

7) Ince3asing numb3rs of the us3 of the n7mbs4 3 here. Is that a sign?

8) Christ. Espionage?.

(1) I've been locked up before many a time too, and agree, it's no biggie.

(2) Strangely enough in my (under cover) role as a Building Surveyor, I was asked to inspect (years and years ago) two bungalows in Hereford for the potential future use by a charity. When I went to survey those properties it was immediately evident that the owners were SAS. As a person who is second generation Irish I considered their stance to be quite lackadaisical. Fortunately for them, and everyone, I am not a mad Irish or second generation Irish psychopath. No, no, I'm just your common or garden psychopath!

(3) Doesn't exist, as we both agree.

(4) Say no more.

(5) Man alive.

(6) You may say that 6 is an honest to God 6, but how on earth can I trust you to be telling the truth?

(7) Yes it is a sign. Your 'message' speaks volumes. There is help out there for you, but you need to take the first step, and reach out and touch it.

As to your Christ. Espionage, statement - very good. Very good indeed. 

PS - I don't actually exist, right? :)

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

(1) I've been locked up before many a time too, and agree, it's no biggie.

(2) Strangely enough in my (under cover) role as a Building Surveyor, I was asked to inspect (years and years ago) two bungalows in Hereford for the potential future use by a charity. When I went to survey those properties it was immediately evident that the owners were SAS. As a person who is second generation Irish I considered their stance to be quite lackadaisical. Fortunately for them, and everyone, I am not a mad Irish or second generation Irish psychopath. No, no, I'm just your common or garden psychopath!

(3) Doesn't exist, as we both agree.

(4) Say no more.

(5) Man alive.

(6) You may say that 6 is an honest to God 6, but how on earth can I trust you to be telling the truth?

(7) Yes it is a sign. Your 'message' speaks volumes. There is help out there for you, but you need to take the first step, and reach out and touch it.

As to your Christ. Espionage, statement - very good. Very good indeed. 

PS - I don't actually exist, right? :)

Superb stuff Sir. Superb.

I can only retort with any message of an agent of Her Magesties Secret Sevice and it is this,

9) Pablo Honey.

It can’t be reasoned with, it can’t be argued with. It just is. 

1 minute ago, Northern Soul said:

Again Sir, just an aside your lucidity is exceptional. Given what you may or may not have have imbibed this evening. Quite exceptional. 

That's a very kind thing to say and so I doff my hat to you, kind Sir. 

Just so as you know - I've had white wine, red wine, speed, and mcat. But don't tell the authorities. They don't like it up em Captain Mainwaring!