Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Catfish did it in 2017 but it ought to be someone like them

Completely forgot about Catfish doing it last year yeah nevermind them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kristiyan23 said:

Looks like blossoms are definitely playing

C31EE4BF-FF98-4C95-85C7-91B827A81C7D.png

Knew they'd be there. That's my girlfriend definitely going then haha.

On another note, I follow and kinda know Eviee.rose through mutual friends. Mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tunes101 said:

would they book catfish again?? if not is bastille the one

I guess it wouldn't be that unlikely, Catfish are huge amongst school leavers/sixth formers which is obviously the target audience for this. But still think 2 years is too short for someone to headline twice. Is there anybody from the first lineup that could play again? The only people I think could realistically do it are The Hunna, probably 3rd/4th down. It would probably be a good step for them to rebuild their brand a bit after everything that happened with High Time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

Seen on twitter that apparently the 1975's page on ticketmaster before their tour got announced had finsbury park on it. Could mean the days prior to Community

Got a link? Searched "The 1975 Finsbury" and the latest tweet was from 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kooks self confirmed too. Reckon foals/courteeners headlining or maybe a surprise with royal blood.

Blossoms will sub.

Edited by R Shah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Got a link? Searched "The 1975 Finsbury" and the latest tweet was from 2016.

Was just some girls claiming it had happened, no images

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

The kooks self confirmed too. Reckon foals/courteeners headlining or maybe a surprise with royal blood.

Blossoms will sub.

Surely we're looking at Kooks headlining with Blossoms subbing? Kooks were 3rd down at Reading this year, same spot Two Door played the year before they headlined.

Edited by NerdsNatterings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Surely we're looking at Kooks headlining with Blossoms subbing? Kooks were 3rd down at Reading this year, same spot Two Door played the year before they headlined.

Same spot as The Vaccines though. And Blossoms!

But yeah I think you're right. The Kooks were the second biggest band I could think of that could headline this but I thought they might be a bit old. Would be majorly surprised if they announce any bigger artists tomorrow.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping for Everything Everything atleast or even Jamie T. Would like to have a couple of acts I actually like when I'm inevitably dragged to the fest again.

Edited by TheWaters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Hoping for Everything Everything atleast or even Jamie T. Would like to have a couple of acts I actually like when I'm inevitably dragged to the fest again.

Kooks-Blossoms as a top 2 probably isn't as strong as the last couple of years so I'd expect quite a few more decent names. Jamie T and Everything Everything would be a very decent start, although it could end up being saved if there are a good few bands opening up the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Kooks-Blossoms as a top 2 probably isn't as strong as the last couple of years so I'd expect quite a few more decent names. Jamie T and Everything Everything would be a very decent start, although it could end up being saved if there are a good few bands opening up the day. 

Yeah last year was quite good for me, I enjoy TDCC, The Vaccines, Marmozets and the odd Sundara Karma song so it was a good day but It's already not looking very promising with that top 2 haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah last year was quite good for me, I enjoy TDCC, The Vaccines, Marmozets and the odd Sundara Karma song so it was a good day but It's already not looking very promising with that top 2 haha.

I've enjoyed Blossoms the two times I've seen them, feel like they'll be all right, but not heard great things about Kooks. Really really hoping that we'll be pleasantly surprised by the final product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Kooks-Blossoms as a top 2 probably isn't as strong as the last couple of years so I'd expect quite a few more decent names. Jamie T and Everything Everything would be a very decent start, although it could end up being saved if there are a good few bands opening up the day. 

Yeah, Kooks were just dire at Reading but I like blossoms a fair bit. Not sure if people will actually want to come with me unless theres some cool acts further down. With the whole 3rd down heavier theme they've gone for the past two years, do you think this confirms that these are headliner/sub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gfa said:

Yeah, Kooks were just dire at Reading but I like blossoms a fair bit. Not sure if people will actually want to come with me unless theres some cool acts further down. With the whole 3rd down heavier theme they've gone for the past two years, do you think this confirms that these are headliner/sub

I guess they could break that theme and have someone like Royal Blood headline with these two second and third?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I guess they could break that theme and have someone like Royal Blood headline with these two second and third?

I really don't think Kooks will sell well at all, since like half of the audience will of probably seen how shite they were at Reading - hopefully something more to come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I guess they could break that theme and have someone like Royal Blood headline with these two second and third?

Exactly what I'm hoping for. Blossoms and kooks draws all the usual crowd in and royal blood would be a great stepping stone for them to headline reading and attracts new types of fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I've enjoyed Blossoms the two times I've seen them, feel like they'll be all right, but not heard great things about Kooks. Really really hoping that we'll be pleasantly surprised by the final product.

Yeah I'll be forced to enjoy Blossoms either way, they're my girlfriend's absolute faves haha. The Kooks were shite at Reading though, not interested in falling asleep at a festival tbh. My wishlist of acts I think are in with a shout of playing are probs:

Jamie T

The Blinders

Everything Everything

Idles

Peace

The Amazons

 

And if The Kooks aren't headlining, Royal Blood would be good fun although can't see it. Bastille are probably a more realistic shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, gfa said:

I really don't think Kooks will sell well at all, since like half of the audience will of probably seen how shite they were at Reading - hopefully something more to come

They sold out Wembley Arena only last year. And I imagine that audience won't be turning their nose up at seeing Blossoms and more on the same bill.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dentalplan said:

They sold out Wembley Arena only last year. And I imagine that audience won't be turning their nose up at seeing Blossoms and more on the same bill.

Really wow, I guess i didn't do my research - still hope they aren't headliners, i'd prefer Blossoms at the top of the bill to them really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...