Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

22 hours ago, OFWGKTA said:

why did the official benicassim twitter account react to that poll by BenicassimFans if none of the bands listed ended up headlining, they must of known that would of been an obvious tease that would get people’s hopes up for one or more of The Cure, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes and Mumford & Sons

Those "headliner wishlists" are nothing more than a marketing exercise to get your email address. Lots of festival organisations do it these days, especially the European ones

Why did the official benicassim twitter account react to that poll by BenicassimFans if none of the bands listed ended up headlining, they must off known that would of been an obvious tease that would get people’s hopes up for one or more of The Cure, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes and Mumford & Sons. Those "headliner wishlists" are nothing more than a marketing exercise to get your email address. Lots of festival organisations do it these days, especially the European ones.

You right and its still annoying that they do these polls when they have no plans to get the bands voted for and along with the so called 25 years anniversary is a marketing ploy to get us hooked in.

Granted I can't complain too much for 99 Euros, but I was expected so much more

Value for money I don’t think anyone can complain but it would be good to see some more decants acts like Ashcroft, DMA’s, Biffy and a few others. The line up is not that much different from Trnsmit and Isle of Wright Festival. I think the organisers know that most people will go regardless off who plays so why get the more expensive bands?

2 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Value for money I don’t think anyone can complain but it would be good to see some more decants acts like Ashcroft, DMA’s, Biffy and a few others. The line up is not that much different from Trnsmit and Isle of Wright Festival. I think the organisers know that most people will go regardless off who plays so why get the more expensive bands?

Agree on the acts. If the organisers think that not putting expensive bands is ok, as people have already paid is fine for this year but it will make people think twice about future years. If this is the quality of acts that Beni is going to put on in future, I will go elsewhere.  

11 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Why did the official benicassim twitter account react to that poll by BenicassimFans if none of the bands listed ended up headlining, they must off known that would of been an obvious tease that would get people’s hopes up for one or more of The Cure, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes and Mumford & Sons. Those "headliner wishlists" are nothing more than a marketing exercise to get your email address. Lots of festival organisations do it these days, especially the European ones.

You right and its still annoying that they do these polls when they have no plans to get the bands voted for and along with the so called 25 years anniversary is a marketing ploy to get us hooked in.

Granted I can't complain too much for 99 Euros, but I was expected so much more

I blame Russian Bots.

reacting to the above i think it's fair to say that they have been fairly poor with announcements but i disagree that they are being sly as if everyone buys before lineup release they will lose that loyalty after this year.

Hopefully we have some good Dj's to be announced to makeup for the more chilled Lana/KOL and then perhaps a good rap/hip hop to play and a couple good rockier acts for fatboty slim day and it will be sorted.

The backlash has been nothing i have seen before for a  lineup so they must be nervous and hopefully decide to drop a big name asap but if they are Spanish organisers i imagine they are chilled af siesta'ing at the mo!

• Upvote 1

Complete speculation but it feels like they had a strong headliner in the bag but they lost them for whatever reason and had to pull something out of their ass and that's how we got Vetusta Morla

A strong bunch of good bands further down the lineup could save this year for me but boi it's an uphill battle 

20 hours ago, Lewis Belle said:

Complete speculation but it feels like they had a strong headliner in the bag but they lost them for whatever reason and had to pull something out of their ass and that's how we got Vetusta Morla

A strong bunch of good bands further down the lineup could save this year for me but boi it's an uphill battle  

Prodigy?

12 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Might be case but I don’t think it would’ve been the prodigy, flint only died on the 4th and they announced Vetusta on the 13th, surely they would’ve spent longer than that on a replacement headliner?

Probably already booked and moved them up to the position vacated due to lack of Prod ?

1 hour ago, Jonesy1 said:

Good possibility, still very disappointing they’ve considered them to be headliners 

Las Planetas joint headlined last year I think and feature most years , Not my cup of tea but popular with the locals and it is a Spanish festival 

2 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

Las Planetas joint headlined last year I think and feature most years , Not my cup of tea but popular with the locals and it is a Spanish festival 

Yeah I know, got no issue at all with a Spanish band headlining, but they seem to be already doing plenty in Spain this summer, not really any exclusivity about the booking, definitely seems like they’re filling in for a booking that’s fell through

36 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

Did they even put anything on insta/fb when Keith was announced dead? Surely they would have made a massive deal out of it and would have pointed it out? Also would they really have FatBoy slim and prodigy both headlining?

Probably not mate , no 

13 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Did they even put anything on insta/fb when Keith was announced dead? Surely they would have made a massive deal out of it and would have pointed it out? Also would they really have FatBoy slim and prodigy both headlining? 

They posted a clip of their set from 2015. Anyway, we will never know...