Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

2 hours ago, Radioactive said:

So Plan B announced for victorious yesterday wonder if there's any possibility? 

Also, just a thought but are Swedish still in the running, they could close after shitty vetusta? 

I reckon SHM would’ve probably been announced as headliner by now if they were going to be playing, then again, they could co headline with vetusta.

Hopefully get another announcement in the next couple of weeks.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

I reckon SHM would’ve probably been announced as headliner by now if they were going to be playing, then again, they could co headline with vetusta.

Hopefully get another announcement in the next couple of weeks.

Surely SHM would be far to big to be a co headline? And surely they wouldn’t headline the same year at fatboy slim?

16 minutes ago, Differ16 said:

Surely SHM would be far to big to be a co headline? And surely they wouldn’t headline the same year at fatboy slim?

Yeah I think they would’ve been an outright headliner, if there’s going to be a co headliner with vetusta it’s more likely to be something like a disclosure live set, which would be a good booking imo.

Edited by Jonesy1

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:24 PM, Jonesy1 said:

Yeah I think they would’ve been an outright headliner, if there’s going to be a co headliner with vetusta it’s more likely to be something like a disclosure live set, which would be a good booking imo. 

Would be happy with that. Even if they just have a decent headliner on the other stage at the same time as them.

On 3/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, Differ16 said:

I agree, think we are all clutching at straws but I have seen so many neg comments Inc proper shitty ones on their feeds so they must be nervous about noone showing up imo so they may go back on themselves and get someone decent, a lot of time has passed since a chunky announcement maybe they are up to something... 

8 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Turns out Disclosure are at sonar the same weekend in Barcelona, really not sure how that affects their chances for this. That’s their only Spanish date so far so could probably do Beni as well.

They're playing Mad Cool as well. 

6 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Oh well, can probably rule them out then.

...and I'm pretty sure they're playing (DJ set) at SuperBock SuperRock festival in Lisbon the same weekend, so probably jack-all chance of them playing FIB.  Some others playing Sonar might do Beni though.  I'd particularly like to see Underworld closing the whole thing on Sunday night, doing the main stage 2am final set, after VM.

9 hours ago, andytommo said:

...and I'm pretty sure they're playing (DJ set) at SuperBock SuperRock festival in Lisbon the same weekend, so probably jack-all chance of them playing FIB.  Some others playing Sonar might do Beni though.  I'd particularly like to see Underworld closing the whole thing on Sunday night, doing the main stage 2am final set, after VM.

Underworld doing the slot Justice did last year would be good. Think we might get an announcement within the next week or so.

Looking at the additions to Isle of Wight today, and also the fact there's already a big crossover, I wonder if a few of the UK based bands will be announced for Beni as well?  If we were to get the likes of Courteeners, Keane, Miles Kane, Richard A etc it would go a long way to balancing out the line up a bit.  I'm sure there are some guitar-led bands still to come.  Surely?  And if we manage to bag Wet Wet Wet too then it's back of the net...

Looking at the line up so far there are a few crossovers, I think they will need to add a decent act for the same night as Vetusta and I can see Ashcroft or someone else being in there. I would think that Biffy or Courteeners could have been added as a headliner but fingers crossed for the under card. Throw in James, DMA's, Sigrid, Wets and the Coral. I am not sure about Keane as they are playing down the road at Valencia but they would be good. 

10 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Yeah read the translation. Was just a tribute post about how memorable her 2007 show was.

Might be slightly difficult for them to announce someone that’s been dead 8 years.

Yeh I was wondering if they were going to pull out all the stops and do some sort of hologram show or something! Then again the way they are going I woukdnt be too surprised if they started announcing dead people... 

• Upvote 1