Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

23 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Courteeners & Doves both this evening announced for Tramlines in Sheffield the same weekend as Benicassim, along with Manics, Chic, Miles Kane, Reverend & Makers, Circa Waves, TDCC and many more (incl. Sea Girls, who are also on the latest FIB line up of last week.)

Does playing tramlines make these bands more or less likely for FIB?

16 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Does playing tramlines make these bands more or less likely for FIB?

Doable if they play FIB on Thu/Fri, then Tramlines/Splendour/Penn on Sun, or vice versa, if playing an British festival Fri, I suppose they could just about do Sun in Spain.  But 2 x UK festivals that weekend, such as what the Manic's and Miles Kane have already confirmed, I would say pretty much rules them out of Benicassim.  

Pale Waves and Magic Gang both managed to play FIB and Tramlines last year, but both played the first (Thu) night at FIB.

Edited by andytommo

Just now, TheFullShaboo said:

Apparently Kodaline said last night whilst supporting Snow Patrol that they're headlining a festival in Spain this summer. Cant see this being anything other than Beni unfortunately.

They might play, but there's no way they are headlining, not when you've already got the likes of The 1975, Ezra, Glynne, and Blossoms, as main-subs/further down the bill.  They might 'headline' the 2nd stage one night, if we're unlucky, but would probably be the 4th or 5th biggest act playing that night, if they did.

Just now, andytommo said:

They might play, but there's no way they are headlining, not when you've already got the likes of The 1975, Ezra, Glynne, and Blossoms, as main-subs/further down the bill.  They might 'headline' the 2nd stage one night, if we're unlucky, but would probably be the 4th or 5th biggest act playing that night, if they did.

I agree, but this is the type of thing that Beni would do. Last minute bump up and youve got 1975 and Kodaline co headlining...

13 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Apparently Kodaline said last night whilst supporting Snow Patrol that they're headlining a festival in Spain this summer. Cant see this being anything other than Beni unfortunately.

There are still Vida Festival and Cruilla Barcelona, Kodaline as headliners fit them much more.

Edited by Mondo-kun

2 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Never understood why they leave the announcements so late. Surely benefit them to release the majority of acts in December to let people get flights/hotels booked. People will just start looking elsewhere at festivals that have fully announced.

Cause Beni isn't just about the music and has a beach aswell so can be more a holiday/festival. Also it's good vaule for money and chaper than most festivals.

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

There are still Vida Festival and Cruilla Barcelona, Kodaline as headliners fit them much more.

Cruilla have one day left without a headliner, and with Kylie and Foals being the other two, they definitely fit the bill.

Vida festival has Beirut, The Charlatans, Madness and Sleaford Mods on their lineup, which to me seems further away from Kodalines  crowd than Benicassim is.

Lets hope its one of these anyway...

Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

Cause Beni isn't just about the music and has a beach aswell so can be more a holiday/festival. Also it's good vaule for money and chaper than most festivals.

I get that, and I buy my ticket every year regardless of the lineup, because it is a brilliant holiday/festival. But there must be a good amount of people who base there decision on lineup, and when you’ve only got a fraction of your lineup announced compared to other euro festivals, it puts you at a disadvantage.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

I get that, and I buy my ticket every year regardless of the lineup, because it is a brilliant holiday/festival. But there must be a good amount of people who base there decision on lineup, and when you’ve only got a fraction of your lineup announced compared to other euro festivals, it puts you at a disadvantage.

I'm with you bud. Even though i buy my ticket before any acts have been announced i know of a lot of my mates don't like to commit until all the headliners have been announced. Unfortunately for some this is usually too late and they end up being priced out due to the higher airfares nearer the time. 

20 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I'm with you bud. Even though i buy my ticket before any acts have been announced i know of a lot of my mates don't like to commit until all the headliners have been announced. Unfortunately for some this is usually too late and they end up being priced out due to the higher airfares nearer the time. 

We’re the same, 3 of our mates switched to mad cool last year because they went for the guaranteed lineup instead of waiting on beni. But anyway, it’s one of my favourite weeks of the year regardless. Can’t fucking wait.

7 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

We’re the same, 3 of our mates switched to mad cool last year because they went for the guaranteed lineup instead of waiting on beni. But anyway, it’s one of my favourite weeks of the year regardless. Can’t fucking wait.

I did both last year, and even though the Mad Cool lineup was incredible, its was an absolute shit show compared to Beni. No queues and 10 minute walk between tent and main stage is all i need. Cant wait to be back!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Seen the lineup for lolla Sweden? End of June and has Lana and 1975 , they also have foos, hopefully this reignites the possibility ??

Lolla Paris still seems to be missing its 2nd headliner, doesn't it?  This is the same weekend as Benicassim!!!

Foo's all over Europe late June and throughout August, but still nothing for Spain/July. 

Played Mad Cool in 2017.  But saying that, BBK look as if they are still a headliner or two short of their final line up.

FIB price increased a fair bit last week, from €125-€155, a much bigger step than what they normally put the price up to at the end of Jan 

????? ?

3 hours ago, andytommo said:

Lolla Paris still seems to be missing its 2nd headliner, doesn't it?  This is the same weekend as Benicassim!!! 

????? ?

Looking at last years Lolla-Paris line up, I’d say they have still have two headliners to announce (just like Beni do). I do also think we will share another headliner with them; just like in previous years...

Early price increase suggests big name(s) still to come. Foo’s still yet to announce a date in France for this summer also. 

So, plenty to suggest it could be them, however I personally can’t see it being Foo’s. Why? - As we have KoL already, it makes me doubt it happening.