guypjfreak

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, I've heard that Iceland is a dear place to visit. I nearly went once. I had the holiday booked etc, and then something happened and I couldn't go. As I had insurance and had paid for the holiday in advance I put in a claim for not being able to go. The insurance company said that they would only pay half because the other ticket was in my then girlfriends name, even though they agreed that I had paid for it. Bastards!

I guess £14 is probably the going rate for a Sunday lunch. This would also explain why I don't eat out very much. Strangely enough, apart from on holiday, I have never had a meal out with my wife, and I've been with her for six years. She keeps reminding me of this - in fact yesterday afternoon was the last time that she reminded me. However, she doesn't know that I have a cunning plan to rectify this situation on our wedding anniversary on the 8th May.

That photo's great. You can almost feel the excitement of an imminent road trip.

well I know my friends don't eat out and very rarely even go to a Bar in Iceland that is why they go crazy here.

Good luck for your wedding anniversary

-----

I was bloody annoyed because Bud { on the right } was supposed to get to my flat { in South London } the night before  but he called on the phone that he could not for some reason or other { see my email } so that threw all the plans about getting a early start out the window.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I don't know how you do it, I really don't. Fair play to you oneeye, I think you just pulled off the impossible.  

:)

Pure gin fuelled luck! Corrie back in the day when we watched it :)

1 hour ago, oneeye said:

Pure gin fuelled luck! Corrie back in the day when we watched it :)

You are preaching to the converted on the gin front - I have had more than my share today, it must be said.

I never watched Corrie back in the day, and don't watch it now either. I actually have to get up and walk out of the room when my wife puts it on, as I find it strangely depressing. My wife, on the other hand, loves it. Apparently it's hilariously funny, but I'm not prepared to give it the time of day.  :)

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You are preaching to the converted on the gin front - I have had more than my share today, it must be said.

I never watched Corrie back in the day, and don't watch it now either. I actually have to get up and walk out of the room when my wife puts it on, as I find it strangely depressing. My wife, on the other hand, loves it. Apparently it's hilariously funny, but I'm not prepared to give it the time of day.  :)

that is why I stick to cats - no argument over who has the remote control although I was puzzled one time when my Virgin Box started flipping though the channels - I found one of my cats sleeping on a spare remote control - perhaps she thought it was a Mouse !!!

I would never have worked out they were actors - has anyone tried to ring the number ?

I had no clue it was still going - I tend to avoid direct TV as I cant stand the bloody adverts 

------

some good paving stones there - would look good in your back garden !!! - good luck over Your MOT 

3 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

that is why I stick to cats - no argument over who has the remote control although I was puzzled one time when my Virgin Box started flipping though the channels - I found one of my cats sleeping on a spare remote control - perhaps she thought it was a Mouse !!!

I would never have worked out they were actors - has anyone tried to ring the number ?

I had no clue it was still going - I tend to avoid direct TV as I cant stand the bloody adverts 

------

some good paving stones there - would look good in your back garden !!! - good luck over Your MOT 

Hello glasto-worker,

I Googled the number but came up with nothing.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Bit of a toss-up with this.....sword today, M16 assault rifle tomorrow....

flyer1.jpg

That 'cut your cake with a real sword' statement reminds me of one of me and my now wife's more outlandish ideas for our wedding. At one point we considered having an iced  wedding cake, which was to be completely full of Smarties. The idea was that we would cut the wedding cake with a chainsaw, and send Smarties flying everywhere. Needless to say, closer to the day, we decided not to go down this route.

24 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That 'cut your cake with a real sword' statement reminds me of one of me and my now wife's more outlandish ideas for our wedding. At one point we considered having an iced  wedding cake, which was to be completely full of Smarties. The idea was that we would cut the wedding cake with a chainsaw, and send Smarties flying everywhere. Needless to say, closer to the day, we decided not to go down this route.

Brilliant.  Purely coincidentally it our 24th wedding anniversary today....hence skiving a day off work for lunch and a glass or 2 later on.

45 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Brilliant.  Purely coincidentally it our 24th wedding anniversary today....hence skiving a day off work for lunch and a glass or 2 later on.

Happy anniversary. I hope that you are having a nice day today, and enjoy your glass or two later. It's me and my wife's 5th wedding anniversary next Tuesday, and I have a surprise in stall for her. We are going to a festival this weekend, which finishes on Sunday night. She currently thinks that we are coming back home on the Monday, but we're not. She has always expressed a desire to go to the source of the River Severn in Wales, so I am taking her to the source. Then, I'm taking her for a meal out (we have never had a meal out together since first hooking up -apart from on holidays). I'm hoping that the pub we go to for food will allow us to stay in our campervan in the car park. I'm pretty certain they'll say yes.

Have a lovely day. :)

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello glasto-worker,

I Googled the number but came up with nothing.

what a shame - my memories of buying tickets is stuck due to it being 31 years since I last had to buy one { in a CND shop in 1987 } - all I know is ' it was dead easy - no need to use 10 PC's to log on - I just slapped down the cash and the assistant got his book out and handed me six tickets ' and then the phone rang ' and he left a book of tickets on the Counter - I bet they would not do that now - he ended the call and then gave me my change.

I feel sorry for the people who have to go though this nearly every year.

as long as I don't drop down dead My Team and I will be there next year

53044_n.jpg.aab2872f643b7d414f5d96d0152fd394.jpg

1 minute ago, glasto-worker said:

what a shame - my memories of buying tickets is stuck due to it being 31 years since I last had to buy one { in a CND shop in 1987 } - all I know is ' it was dead easy - no need to use 10 PC's to log on - I just slapped down the cash and the assistant got his book out and handed me six tickets ' and then the phone rang ' and he left a book of tickets on the Counter - I bet they would not do that now - he ended the call and then gave me my change.

I feel sorry for the people who have to go though this nearly every year.

as long as I don't drop down dead My Team and I will be there next year

53044_n.jpg.aab2872f643b7d414f5d96d0152fd394.jpg

Hello glasto-worker,

I remember the days when you could go in to a record shop, walk up to the counter, and buy as many tickets as you needed. No F5'ing, no queues etc. Who would have thought then that it would be such a ball ache to get tickets in years to come.

By the way - I'll get back to you on your last two emails later. I'm meant to be doing chores right now, so shouldn't really be on the compter at all. If I don't get off it soon I'll waste the day.