Leftfield. Brilliant. Deserved a bigger crowd. Anyone know how many folk were at this compared to what the capacity was ?

Great festival, shame they didn`t sell out. Family camping was really busy by Friday night. Anyone know how busy general was.

Liked the new layout. Changes meant they fixed the sound bleed problems from last year. Much more happening after the headliners than last year although still a tad early finish.

Thursday night was as cold as I remember ever being in a tent !

Hoping to hear soon about early bird tickets for next year.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dunno if it's kosher, but we spoke to someone at the gates and they told us they'd sold 5,800 tickets of 6,000 capacity.  But there was a notable exodus Saturday am as Noel Gallagher's Gammon Army set sail homeward.

Those numbers sound about right. Wickerman down the same neck of the woods was getting double that. 

Crowd was definitely bigger than last year so maybe it will take a while to grow. Just like Wickerman did.

Great wee festival I thought. Hopefully news soon on next year’s dates and tickets.

Really enjoyed that weekend. Very well run festival in a great location with a nice friendly crowd. 

Thought James were a bit hit and miss. The numerous fuck ups, and the guitarist telling the crowd to 'Fuck the English' at the end took a big shine off it though and left a bad taste in the mouth. Ride sounded great and Ezra Furman was as predicted.

Thought Noel G was brilliant personally, 2nd best set of the weekend behind Idles who were amazing. The whole of the Friday was great along with the weather. Ibibio Sound Machine and Shame put in really good sets. Missed Young Fathers but heard it was absolute chaos. Really enjoyed some of the smaller bands like Avalanche Party and Feet as well, they properly gave it some.

Missed Leftfield due to Idles but thought there was a bigger crowd for most of the acts on the main stage than there would be tbh. Public Service Broadcasting were a big improvement than when I saw them in Belfast earlier this year, really liked it.

Not many suggestions to improve it but I thought Sneaky Petes was a bit poor and the comedy tent needed to be bigger, was always packed so didn't really see any of it. The site was a great size and getting about and parking etc was easy. Family camping was really good and was nice to see it being left relatively clean by the leaving campers.

Will be back next year, line up dependent.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Those numbers sound about right. Wickerman down the same neck of the woods was getting double that. 

Crowd was definitely bigger than last year so maybe it will take a while to grow. Just like Wickerman did.

Great wee festival I thought. Hopefully news soon on next year’s dates and tickets.

It’s well reported that wickerman only sold 6,000 tickets the  last year it was held and they were expecting to shift 12,000 . 

Electric is great I just feel it’s maybe a bit to late on in the summer and would stand a better chance of selling more if the Scottish kids were on holiday, also and it’s only my opinion apart from the headliners and the subs on the main it was just lacking something! Maybe there just isn’t the appetite for this kind of event in southwest Scotland.

Great weekend great set up ,went big on the headliners but for whatever reason didn’t sell . Definitely retired from camping just too old now ! May return next year in a camper/caravan I think the line up will definitely be weaker next year .

A first timer, attended Saturday as a taster and quite impressed by the whole setting. Easily the most manageable as well as least tiring music festival experience I’ve ever done.

Being a solo attendee who wasn’t obliged to spend time for socializing, I mostly moved back and forth between the main and DIY stages, catching most if not all of the acts on both stages, fifteen or so in total! The Horrors and Ghostpoet were two of my personal highlights but others were also very good. No bad acts really. My only real complaint is that I had to miss out Idles who clashed with Leftfield completely.

I will definitely return next year, maybe all weekend.

21 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

It’s well reported that wickerman only sold 6,000 tickets the  last year it was held and they were expecting to shift 12,000 . 

True but the last year was sadly in different circumstances. The previous years it was shifting over 10,000 unless I`m getting mixed up which is very possible :) 

21 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Electric is great I just feel it’s maybe a bit to late on in the summer and would stand a better chance of selling more if the Scottish kids were on holiday, also and it’s only my opinion apart from the headliners and the subs on the main it was just lacking something! Maybe there just isn’t the appetite for this kind of event in southwest Scotland.

Yeah stick in towards the end of July and I think you shift more tickets.

19 hours ago, zzzfest said:

A first timer, attended Saturday as a taster and quite impressed by the whole setting. Easily the most manageable as well as least tiring music festival experience I’ve ever done.

Being a solo attendee who wasn’t obliged to spend time for socializing, I mostly moved back and forth between the main and DIY stages, catching most if not all of the acts on both stages, fifteen or so in total! The Horrors and Ghostpoet were two of my personal highlights but others were also very good. No bad acts really. My only real complaint is that I had to miss out Idles who clashed with Leftfield completely.

I will definitely return next year, maybe all weekend.

Yeah we had a lot less of a walk to family camping with the site changes. The hill of death still an issue though !

Did you see Tracyanne and Danny in the DIY on Saturday ? Late afternoon I think. Just caught a wee bit of it but thought they sounded good. Had never heard of them before. 

I`m also down for next year.

41 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Yeah stick in towards the end of July and I think you shift more tickets.

I’m not sure the change of dates would do much though , there are so many outdoor gigs in the Glasgow and Edinburgh area in August the summer sessions has some decent stuff and will probably limit tickets being sold in these 2 areas .

over 8000 in for Noel ! I thought there was more for leftfield! Obviously that was just the drink on Saturday night 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-south-scotland-45395462

6 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Yeah we had a lot less of a walk to family camping with the site changes. The hill of death still an issue though !

Did you see Tracyanne and Danny in the DIY on Saturday ? Late afternoon I think. Just caught a wee bit of it but thought they sounded good. Had never heard of them before. 

I`m also down for next year.

I only caught a couple of songs by Tracyanne & Danny during the brief set change of The Horrors and Idlewild on the main stage. Had never heard of them either, but according to the festival website they are “a collaboration between Tracyanne Campbell from Camera Obscura and Danny Coughlan from Crybaby”. Can’t rate the whole set but got a good vibe from their performance. Afterwords Tracyanne joined Public Service Broadcasting on the main stage and sang Progress.

• Upvote 1

First time at this and will be the last. security coming round general camping all night telling people to stop playing music on their phones?  bunch of lads 15 yards from us and we didn't even know they were playing music? No license apparently? 

bought posh loo band for the wife, everytime she went there was no handwash or paper. (staff too busy texting to care)

I don't go to festivals to have to go back to my tent at 1am ?   stay up later on a work night ffs

Wickerman was on til 5 am and you could hang around the arena 24/7.

James started off a bit iffy . but improved,  sound quality of Noel was terrible, bass overpowered everything, couldn't hear a word and reverb on his voice echoing. 

Leftfield stole the weekend.

Only plus points were no queues at bars . and car park to camping easiness.

Strange, we didnt seem to have an issue with either playing music (on a bluetooth speaker) or the posh loos, actually found the posh loos well worth the money compared to the other toilets

The 1am thing may be a budget/license issue, remember this festival is only in its 5th year and has expanded recently, give them time

Personally I loved every aspect of this weekend from start to finish and from where we were standing Noel Gallagher sounded just fine... cant please them all I suppose

Hate to to break it to you guys but playing music in the campsite is totally selfish. You and your couple of pals benefit but you royally piss off the 20 tents around you. Lost count of the times I've had arseholes playing crap till dawn to the cost of their neighbours, also seen several fights because of it. You want sounds, stay in the arena. You want late gate to another festival. kudos for RF banning it. Noticed they we're checking for speakers at the gates too.

In other rules news, we got asked to take our flag down. IMO they should be banned in the arena but in the campsite ?

I very much doubt you could hear our music outside of our teepee as we kept it to a personal level, and honestly, when walking about we could hear music coming from everywhere as well as the spill over from the bands that were loud and it only added to the atmosphere... its a festival, we go for music

By the way im referring to during the day, we didnt have it on at night when folk were sleeping, thats just wide as fuck haha

Edited by Lucius Cashmere