TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

19 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Made a poster for this cause I was bored.

TRNSMT.png

Looks good man but Liam Gallagher ain’t about to support Gorillaz.

27 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah that squiggle it does looks pretty AM. Didnt use that effect in any of the teasers last year either.

For those who didnt see it:

image.png.2425fc81bb24f8cc0c5c161fb18a298b.png

ofc it may be nothing but they do like to do weird teasers like this. Can't see anything else in the video that would hint to anyone else

It’s cos they’re not hinting at anyone. It’s a transmission, and the fest is called ‘transmit’.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s cos they’re not hinting at anyone. It’s a transmission, and the fest is called ‘transmit’.

Thats what their gimmick was last year though, putting subtle clues in the static intended to relate to the acts that were performing. Can't find the full video but here is one were they pointed a clue out

Updated/filled out prediciton/wishlist:

Main Stage
Florence + The Machine / The  National / The Courteeners / Vampire Weekend / Idlewild / Fatherson

King Tuts Stage
Wiley

---

Main Stage
Arctic Monkeys / Stereophonics / Chvrches / Franz Ferdinand / Jack Garratt / The Hunna / Honeyblood

King Tuts Stage
Mogwai

---

Main Stage
Gorillaz / Bastille / Wolf Alice / Jungle / Declan McKenna / The Amazons / Fickle Friends

King Tuts Stage
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Really want to see the King Tuts Stage made a little bigger and given a little more capacity this year.

Edited by harryomatic

What about Muse as a headliner? Playing the friday as that elite status that Radiohead were. Also they’ve got a new album out next year, might be a good time to do a gig.

I feel like Green Day owe it to Glasgow to play and would be great as a closer on the Sunday, and after the teaser video TRNSMT just released I’m pretty sure Arctic Monkeys will do it, probably the Saturday

Edited by IsaacMuse

8 minutes ago, IsaacMuse said:

What about Muse as a headliner? Playing the friday as that elite status that Radiohead were. Also they’ve got a new album out next year, might be a good time to do a gig.

I feel like Green Day owe it to Glasgow to play and would be great as a closet on the Sunday, and after the teaser video TRNSMT just released I’m pretty sure Arctic Monkeys will do it, probably the Saturday

TBH I'm leaning towards MUSE as well, they don't really have anywhere else in the UK to play next year (unless they are focusing on getting the album done, as I'm pretty sure they said it wouldn't be done till late 2018)

On 10/26/2017 at 11:47 AM, kingcrawler said:

Nah The xx aren’t big enough to headline, would be a strong sub though. 

Personally I’m not convinced by the Arctic Monkeys thing, I’d still go for The Killers then two from Florence, QOTSA and Liam Gallagher.

i reckon (it's a guess, nowt more) Liam is going to be one of the headliners, just on the basis that he's doing a big show for Live Nation (who own DF) a week before TRNSMT. 

That one seems to make perfect sense to me right now.

(so it's probably wrong :P).

I would enjoy something like this, think a few of my choices are a bit unrealistic though.

Friday

Main: Arcade Fire / The National / Vampire Weekend / The War on Drugs / The Shins

King Tuts: The Darkness

Saturday

Main: Green Day / Queens of the Stone Age / Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls / Nothing But Thieves / The Amazons

King Tuts: Jake Bugg

Sunday

Main: Liam Gallagher / Stereophonics / Franz Ferdinand / The Wombats / DMA’s

King Tuts: Kodaline

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

I would enjoy something like this, think a few of my choices are a bit unrealistic though.

Friday

Main: Arcade Fire / The National / Vampire Weekend / The War on Drugs / The Shins

Saturday

Main: Green Day / Special Guest: Liam Gallagher  / Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls / Nothing But Thieves / The Amazons

King Tuts: Jake Bugg

Sunday

Main: Queens of the Stone Age / Stereophonics / The Wombats / Franz Ferdinand / DMA’s

King Tuts: Kodaline

QOTSA are surely bigger than Liam no? Same with Franz and Wombats. If you swap them (like I did above) I think it's alot more likely (though maybe swap liam and stereophonics to balance out the days)

17 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

Friday

This would be nuts. But also, who would The Darkness be playing to? 

I see a few shouts for it but I'm not sure I see the benefit in putting established acts on the King Tuts stage. Looks at the moment to be rising acts happy to play to any crowd rather than big hitters that'd end up inevitably disappointed by the paltry crowd they'd gather (just like when TITP was a thing).

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

i reckon (it's a guess, nowt more) Liam is going to be one of the headliners, just on the basis that he's doing a big show for Live Nation (who own DF) a week before TRNSMT. 

That one seems to make perfect sense to me right now.

(so it's probably wrong :P).

Reckon Depeche Mode maybe for the same reasons? Show with Live Nation at IOW?

In fact I've just checked to see if they have a Glasgow date and they don't, and apparently they promised they'd be back later on in the year at their 6 Music Festival slot earlier this year. I think it was discussed earlier in the thread but now I've noticed that, it seems a goer to me.

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

QOTSA are surely bigger than Liam no? Same with Franz and Wombats. If you swap them (like I did above) I think it's alot more likely (though maybe swap liam and stereophonics to balance out the days)

Liam Gallagher just sold out Finsbury Park in less than two hours so I don't think he needs to go on before anyone. Not that I'd say he'd headline over Queens - I don't think they'll sub.

Franz definitely bigger than Wombats too, especially at TRNSMT.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Reckon Depeche Mode maybe for the same reasons? Show with Live Nation at IOW?

In fact I've just checked to see if they have a Glasgow date and they don't, and apparently they promised they'd be back later on in the year at their 6 Music Festival slot earlier this year. I think it was discussed earlier in the thread but now I've noticed that, it seems a goer to me.

I'm not entirely sure about IoW, tho that's a whisper i've heard. But yeah, if that's on then TRNSMT seems logical too.

Not entirely sure they'll be greeted with the same enthusiasm as LG probably will be, tho.

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not entirely sure about IoW, tho that's a whisper i've heard. But yeah, if that's on then TRNSMT seems logical too.

Not entirely sure they'll be greeted with the same enthusiasm as LG probably will be, tho.

Yeah, I guess it'd just be the closest thing to a Radiohead-type headliner they could pull off this summer, to stay relevant to that crowd.

I think if Depeche Mode had a suitable supporting lineup it would sell ok. For all Radiohead had Belle & Sebastian, having London Grammar and Rag 'N' Bone Man was never going to appeal to the same fan base. Even someone like Chvrches could do alright as a sub for Depeche Mode. 

Anyway, going with this as my prediction at the moment. Stole The Prodigy from dental's prediction the other day, great shout for a QOTSA sub

Friday
Queens of the Stone Age, The Prodigy, Courteeners, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Slaves

Saturday
Liam Gallagher, Stereophonics, The Vaccines, Jungle, Jake Bugg, The Cribs, Gerry Cinnamon

Sunday
The Killers, Chvrches, Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Kodaline, The Horrors, Fickle Friends

Edited by kingcrawler

Maybe something along the lines of:

Queens of the Stone Age / The Prodigy / Wolf Alice / Franz Ferdinand

The Killers / Stereophonics / Courteeners / The Wombats 

Depeche Mode / CHVRCHES / Editors / Mogwai

Couldn't think of anyone to put third down on that Depeche Mode day tbh so just lobbed Editors in. Maybe too small for the slot now tbh.

Also could see Florence headlining, or Arctic Monkeys obv if that thing in the video was intended as a hint.

54 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think if Depeche Mode had a suitable supporting lineup it would sell ok. For all Radiohead had Belle & Sebastian, having London Grammar and Rag 'N' Bone Man was never going to appeal to the same fan base. Even someone like Chvrches could do alright as a sub for Depeche Mode. 

Was thinking The xx subbing. Chuck Warpaint and The Horrors in too.

6 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Liam Gallagher's tweet not long ago saying he's "gonna round up the troops for something BIG nxt Summer", in reply to someone asking if there was a chance of another tour, sounded to me like he was just planning one big show, which would obv be Finsbury. No one else get that impression from what he said?

You might be right but I dunno, he seems way too big a deal now to only do a single show at Finsbury. Maybe if he’s headlining another festival he could skip but him at TRNSMT makes too much sense.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Was thinking The xx subbing. Chuck Warpaint and The Horrors in too.

You might be right but I dunno, he seems way too big a deal now to only do a single show at Finsbury. Maybe if he’s headlining another festival he could skip but him at TRNSMT makes too much sense.

Maybe. I was thinking of it being him kinda wrapping up the tour for the album but I guess it actually came out after this Summer so it'd be his first Summer touring it properly. Probably will do more shows than that then, aye.