Register to vote

Keva

Time is running out. Register now then enjoy playing your part in democracy. And if you are in any doubt who to vote for on June 8th just think to yourself "what would Michael Eavis do?" (google it if you don't already know) or follow the guidance posted above then you can walk through those gates on June 21st knowing you did your bit whatever the result.

Edited by Fingerbobs
Stuff added

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Then http://www.tactical2017.com to decide who to vote for ;-)

I do think it's rather sad to advise possibly a first time voter to vote tactically. You should vote for the party who best represents your views - not a party solely to stop another party from winning. Seems rather a waste of a vote to me although it's obviously yours to do as you wish with.

1 hour ago, Fingerbobs said:

Time is running out. Register now then enjoy playing your part in democracy. And if you are in any doubt who to vote for on June 8th just think to yourself "what would Michael Eavis do?" (google it if you don't already know) or follow the guidance posted above then you can walk through those gates on June 21st knowing you did your bit whatever the result.

I'm not entirely sure Michael votes as you might expect.

23 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I do think it's rather sad to advise possibly a first time voter to vote tactically. You should vote for the party who best represents your views - not a party solely to stop another party from winning. Seems rather a waste of a vote to me although it's obviously yours to do as you wish with.

I think that's a terrible idea.  I've always wanted  my vote to count as much as possible and I would be happy to be represented by a green, labour or lib dem MP, so I have voted appropriately depending where I lived. 

27 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I'm not entirely sure Michael votes as you might expect.

Well he stood for the labour party (Wells 1997} and has publicly backed their local candidates this year.  

It's about time it was made compulsory to vote like it is in Australia. 

Even if you want to go in and spoil your vote by drawing a picture of Chris Martin in his technicolor dreamcoat - it's still a vote (of sorts).

Too many lazy (younger) people not voting are having a negative effect on the rest of our lives.

I think that's a terrible idea.  I've always wanted  my vote to count as much as possible and I would be happy to be represented by a green, labour or lib dem MP, so I have voted appropriately depending where I lived.

That's fine as long as you believe what they represent. If you don't, it's a wasted vote in my opinion. No general election in the UK has been won by tactical voting.

Edited by Ommadawn

Well he stood for the labour party (Wells 1997} and has publicly backed their local candidates this year.  

True. But he's been missing in local labour party meetings where he used to be a regular attendee and he's said a number of things to me which make me doubt his full support to the party.

35 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

That's fine as long as you believe what they represent. If you don't, it's a wasted vote in my opinion. No general election in the UK has been won by tactical voting.

Well it's the first past the past post innit, but arguably 2010 was settled by tactical voting - those lib dem MPs persuaded labour supporters to vote for them on the basis that otherwise it would be a wasted vote.  That's why I'm partially wary of your advice. 

Not surprised if ME has difficulties with labour atm, just as everyone seems to have trouble with one side or other of the party. 

2 hours ago, st dan said:

It's about time it was made compulsory to vote like it is in Australia. 

Even if you want to go in and spoil your vote by drawing a picture of Chris Martin in his technicolor dreamcoat - it's still a vote (of sorts).

Too many lazy (younger) people not voting are having a negative effect on the rest of our lives.

Don't they make polling days bank holidays so people have no excuse for not doing it? I'm up for that.

You're right about the lazy younger people not voting, turn out for the under 18s was estimated as low as 0% for the last few general elections. All the apps and that the kids have these days is turning them into bone idle shithouses.

5 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Don't they make polling days bank holidays so people have no excuse for not doing it? I'm up for that.

You're right about the lazy younger people not voting, turn out for the under 18s was estimated as low as 0% for the last few general elections. All the apps and that the kids have these days is turning them into bone idle shithouses.

I'm not surprised. Under 18's can't vote in General Elections.