Don't vote Tory

dimus

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Sorry Mr Tease but you're wrong. I'm not voting for Labour but can't bring myself to vote Tory. I'll probably either not vote or vote Green.

I do apologise, I thought you said you were voting Conservatives a few weeks ago? (my memory is atrocious though!) 

Edited by Mr.Tease

9 hours ago, DeanoL said:

All I'm saying is that if you decide to that, and declare as much publicly, you have to understand why some people would take great affront to that. Because "I'll lose my business" is not equatable with "I'll lose my (rented) house". And if you try and equate the two, yes some people will get pissed off and angry about it because you already have so much compared to what they have. And I think you do get to have all that, and you get to campaign and vote to keep it. But the flip side of that is that if you venture outside of your bubble to "where the other half live" you might get shouted at occasionally.

Lose business as it wont be viable financially = can't afford mortgage or rent .  Apprentices are paid less as they are learning a trade which will enable them to earn more later.... really not dissimilar but the 2 I know won't die through it they will work through it and find a solution but not  the position any of them wanted to be in . 

Minimum wage at the min is doable but 10.00 an hour ??? small businesses run on tight margins but collectively are a great asset to the country... you screw them then the whole freebie giveaway won't be anywhere near possible 

Somewhat worrying survey in the last few days showing only 53% of under 30s saying they are certain to vote.

Final predictions everyone?

You can get a good summary of recent polls from here: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_2017

You can use this as a guide:

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/userpoll.html

...though it's based on uniform swing so you might want to adjust your figures if you think Labour will do better/worse in marginal seats. You can also do a Scotland prediction - recent Scottish only polls are on that wiki page.

Mine:

Vote % 

Tories 44, Labour 35, LD 8, UKIP 4, Green 2.

Scotland - SNP 41, Tories 27, Labour 25

Seats

Tories 362

Labour 213

Lib Dem 6

Green 1

SNP 47

PC 3

(NI 18)

Tory majority of 70ish

Edited by arcade fireman

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

Minimum wage at the min is doable but 10.00 an hour ??? small businesses run on tight margins but collectively are a great asset to the country... you screw them then the whole freebie giveaway won't be anywhere near possible 

hey, don't worry, lovely Jez has said he's planning on giving free money to businesses to cover it, while saying businesses are bad and shouldn't get free money. :P

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

whose manifesto is even more fantasy than Corbyn's. ;)

We'll all be richer by doing 20% less work. How does that work? :blink::lol:

I know, I know :). It's safe vote though. I can say I've voted knowing there's no chance of that party winning. Much like voting Labour in the Wells constituency.

Just now, arcade fireman said:

Somewhat worrying survey in the last few days showing only 53% of under 30s saying they are certain to vote.

that would be about 20% more youngsters than voted last time (it was low 40s% in 2015).

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

30+ majority for the tories.

7%+ vote differential.

Just now, eFestivals said:

hey, don't worry, lovely Jez has said he's planning on giving free money to businesses to cover it, while saying businesses are bad and shouldn't get free money. :P

it just doesn't add up whichever way some think JC is the Messiah , The maths are all wrong , now it isn't my strong point but even I can see by giving the amount he promises and borrowing in huge quantities will amount to lots of people better off and the country's deficit virtually balanced ? I'd love someone to explain how it will work because I for one must be either really thick or realise this won't be possible no way no how 

8 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

50+ majority for the Tories. I think they'll hold their marginal seats better than Labour will. Brexit negotiations will be a big factor.

Edited by Ommadawn

4 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

You can get a good summary of recent polls from here: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_2017

You can use this as a guide:

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/userpoll.html

...though it's based on uniform swing so you might want to adjust your figures if you think Labour will do better/worse in marginal seats. You can also do a Scotland prediction - recent Scottish only polls are on that wiki page.

Mine:

Vote % 

Tories 44, Labour 35, LD 8, UKIP 4, Green 2.

Scotland - SNP 41, Tories 27, Labour 25

Seats

Tories 362

Labour 213

Lib Dem 6

Green 1

SNP 47

PC 3

(NI 18)

I always expect the worst and this election will be no different! I wouldn't even be surprised if there's a last minute swing back to the tories to give an even bigger than projected win. I'd love to be wrong, but I hate being blind sided with shit news, so I'm preparing myself accordingly!

Turnout is still the key- voting will make a difference in this election, so I do implore Labour voters to turn up and vote!

3 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

50+ majority for the Tories. I think they'll hold their marginal seats better than Labour will. Brexit negotiations will be a big factor.

After the past few weeks I do worry about the tories ability to negotiate brexit (thankfully most of it will be done by faceless civil servants) - the EU must have been watching and laughing 

7 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

it just doesn't add up whichever way some think JC is the Messiah , The maths are all wrong , now it isn't my strong point but even I can see by giving the amount he promises and borrowing in huge quantities will amount to lots of people better off and the country's deficit virtually balanced ? I'd love someone to explain how it will work because I for one must be either really thick or realise this won't be possible no way no how 

While you've been trying to work it out I have been secretly canvassing your various animals and have secured their support - they are all voting Labour! 

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

After the past few weeks I do worry about the tories ability to negotiate brexit (thankfully most of it will be done by faceless civil servants) - the EU must have been watching and laughing 

Yes, this election has played into their hands a bit hasn't it.

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

While you've been trying to work it out I have been secretly canvassing your various animals and have secured their support - they are all voting Labour! 

Is that because they're all sheep. :lol:

I'm joking ok?

If Labour aren't voted in then I think the first thing that they should do is remove Corbyn , Mcdonnel, Thornberry and if what I here this morning about Dianne Abbott gone sick for the rest of the campaign , she has effectively already been removed , especially if there is a late swing back to a big majority for the tories .

That current line up will have lost the confidence of the labour voters or am I wrong ?

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

:D  I'm just off to have a word with the pigs as they are easily bribed...turkeys, ducks and hens aren't so easily swayed :D

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Tories will get a 100+ majority.

Its watching them all gloat that does my head in every time. I think we're going to be especially screwed if they win this time- from brexit to NHS, don't trust them with any of it.

Think I'll just avoid the media for a while and focus on glastonbury prep.