Don't vote Tory

dimus

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

Like she censors reports exposing Saudi funding of Isis terrorism!

I just don't get how anyone can like her. Just a decade or two more and the old authoritarian rightists will give way to a new generation of liberal lefties :wub::wub:

4 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

I just don't get how anyone can like her. Just a decade or two more and the old authoritarian rightists will give way to a new generation of liberal lefties :wub::wub:

Her approval ratings are well down- people were starting to see through her, we'll see if that sticks (hopefully it will!)

Had to facepalm watching theresa may give her speech earlier today......statements like `we must do more to fight extremism`.....YOU WERE THE HOME SECRETARY FOR 6 YEARS THAT WAS LITERALLY YOUR JOB!!!!!

`For to long have excuses been made for extremism` YOU JUST CENSORED A REPORT ON EXTREMISM BECAUSE IT LINKED TO YOUR MATES THE SAUDIS! JUST AS MANY HAVE BEEN FUCKING SUSPECTING SUCH LINKS FOR A LONG TIME NOW!

She is an absolute moron.

Edited by waterfalls212434

On 2017-6-3 at 10:16 AM, eFestivals said:

so it's now about voting ourselves poorer, not richer? :blink:

That's not in the Labour manifesto.

Of course not, that'd stop people from voting for them.

But if they do increase tax and do it in a way that no-one really feels it (because with all the sky-is-falling declarations the reality is that for all but the poorest, an extra ten quid a month or whatever is not going to be felt, so you just protect that poorest), then it's not going to matter much the next election.

On 2017-6-3 at 10:24 AM, eFestivals said:

That b-o-p's deficit is the UK getting poorer in relation to other countries. 

There's 'doing fine' and there's 'getting poorer'. In you take just there they've become the same thing.

Money is just bits of pretty paper. After all, you can take the money away and we still have all the same resources. What *really* matters are resources. 

Now, care to tell me how you can eat a biscuit that you don't have?

That's why the 'balance the books' argument is important. If you use someone else's resources (which is borrowing those resources from them), they'll want them back. This is essentially what international finance manages for us.

There's ways to fiddle the 'balance the books' thing by printing money - but it doesn't avoid the *real* consequences around the resources.

The richest 100 families in Britain saw their wealth increase by £55.5bn from 2010 to 2016, during "austerity". How? How is that possible? Where are the resources coming from? How do they have this "magic money tree"?

Why can't the government take some of that money and do whatever they're doing with it (making good investments) and get their own magic money tree?

3 hours ago, Ollie9917 said:

Except by then the new generation of liberal lefties will generally have turned into old authoritarian rightists.

That's the way it is I'm afraid.

32 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

So does that mean the conversation be over two pots of tea instead on one. Maybe some sandwiches and cake as well.  :lol:

na we just wont sell them weapons which get funnelled to terror groups and we wont turn a blind eye to the fact that their human rights record and particularly their justice system is akin to that of isis themselves and continue to trade with them regardless..........

15 hours ago, Babylon sister said:

I think Corbyn is your only hope. I hope the voters in England see sense on Thursday. 

and Corbyn supported by an indy party that wants a ref in exchange for to un-making him PM is the SNP wanting to put the tories back in charge.

The voters in England also need the voters in Scotland to see sense else we get the tories anyway.

11 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Tory censorship for all to see, caught on camera

Diane Abbott, gone missing. Labour censorship not caught on camera. :P

10 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Like she censors reports exposing Saudi funding of Isis terrorism!

Saudi funds ISIS and then funds many other groups to fight against ISIS? Saudi who funds ISIS likes the UK which bombs ISIS?

Some people are getting a bit carried away.  You have a brain. Perhaps use it?

9 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Had to facepalm watching theresa may give her speech earlier today......statements like `we must do more to fight extremism`.....YOU WERE THE HOME SECRETARY FOR 6 YEARS THAT WAS LITERALLY YOUR JOB!!!!!

`For to long have excuses been made for extremism` YOU JUST CENSORED A REPORT ON EXTREMISM BECAUSE IT LINKED TO YOUR MATES THE SAUDIS! JUST AS MANY HAVE BEEN FUCKING SUSPECTING SUCH LINKS FOR A LONG TIME NOW!

She is an absolute moron.

And yet still ahead of Jezza. If she's so very bad, what does that make the man who trails her?

Just think how easily a decent candidate would slaughter her. 

8 hours ago, DeanoL said:

The richest 100 families in Britain saw their wealth increase by £55.5bn from 2010 to 2016, during "austerity". How? How is that possible? Where are the resources coming from? How do they have this "magic money tree"?

I'm trying to get you to wake up to the fact that money is not resources.

Either they're sat on as pile of cash that is not a resource and so cannot be used to give anyone 'more' resources, or that wealth isn't a pile of cash and is already a resource (a factory, say).

You can take the factory of the geezer but it doesn't have more goods come out of that factory and there is no greater wealth..

You can take the money pf the geezer and you can look at how pretty the colours are on the paper and there is no greater wealth.

Money is not important. The creating a greater amount of resources is the only way we have more to go around.

(money can be used to seed more wealth for the future, but that's all it does. in itself it's just pretty paper).

Why can't the government take some of that money and do whatever they're doing with it (making good investments) and get their own magic money tree?

Govts can.

And when they do, they're saying "it won't be used to build a factory that makes ABC, instead it will be used to build a factory to make XYZ".

Obviously, XYZ would be the "good investment" you talk of (else the govt would have made things worse, not better), but society would be losing out on having ABC to have XYZ instead.

And of course, you need the people in govt who know a better investment than Mr Greedy's choice of investment in ABC.

It's so easy and obvious you wonder why the greedy tories aren't being as greedy as possible, and are instead choosing to not sate their greed to the maximum. :P

Edited by eFestivals

6 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

na we just wont sell them weapons which ...

... gets swapped for oil to power our cars and homes and factories.

And then we call live happily ever after, unable to heat our homes or drive our cars or have jobs that depend on them (and on the weapons that are sold).

You being you, you'll probably take that as me saying we should sell Saudi bombs. :lol:

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Just a reminder that May threatened not to share intelligence with the EU about terrorism as a Brexit negotiating tactic.

Correct. I'd genuinely like May to answer the following questions:

1) Do you regret using the sharing of anti-terrorism intelligence as a negotiating tool/ threat in Brexit negotiating? (where you thought you were generously benefitting the EU by sharing it rather than vice versa) Do you think thats something to be played with?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-blatant-threat-to-link-eu-security-cooperation-with-brexit-trade-deal-yvette-cooper-tim-farron-macpherson_uk_58dbda69e4b01ca7b4290332

2) Is there any truth to the rumours that you allowed/encouraged the manchester bomber to fight in liby and travel freely as a result? (and I genuinely don't know if this is true, but I'd like to know)

http://johnpilger.com/articles/terror-in-britain-what-did-the-prime-minister-know

3) Do you regret responding to the police chiefs warnings that cutting 20,000 police officers would endanger their ability to tackle terrorism, with a sneering accusation that they were "crying wolf"?

4) You said we need to have some difficult conversations, will these include you and Saudi Arabia (who you enjoy doing business deals with)? Why are you suppressing a report ISIS funding until either "after the election" or possibly never?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/05/theresa-may-urged-not-to-suppress-report-into-funding-of-jihadi-groups

5) Were you lying when you claimed they had the highest number of police on the streets yesterday?

23 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

4) You said we need to have some difficult conversations, will these include you and Saudi Arabia (who you enjoy doing business deals with)? Why are you suppressing a report ISIS funding until either "after the election" or possibly never?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/05/theresa-may-urged-not-to-suppress-report-into-funding-of-jihadi-groups

fuck sake, why not stick a big label on your head saying "I'm making it up out of nothing, that's how shit my argument is"?

Or can you direct me to that part of that article which makes the claim you do? :rolleyes:

You don't prove May as an evil bullshitter by being a moronic bullshitter.

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

fuck sake, why not stick a big label on your head saying "I'm making it up out of nothing, that's how shit my argument is"?

Or can you direct me to that part of that article which makes the claim you do? :rolleyes:

You don't prove May as an evil bullshitter by being a moronic bullshitter.

There may be a position available as a UN peace envoy if you ever get sick of Efest.......