Geldof, Eavis 2005

Uncle Liam

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Is that when he godself asked everyone to hold hands.. No sorry.. I can't stand the bloke.. We popped more pills and went to have a good time.. 

it was a weird day - I did not see it ' But I knew it was taken place ' because all the Bars were asked to stop selling for 20 minuets or so ' - this did not go down well with the Customers - I am sure there was notices up warning Customers - the bar will be closed at such and such a time - if you recall it was so that he could bang on about Live 8 concert {2 July 2005}. its the only time I can recall the Bars being closed over a stage announcement .My Team was in a bar close to the Pyramid so we did hear part of it.

8 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Is that when he godself asked everyone to hold hands.. No sorry.. I can't stand the bloke.. We popped more pills and went to have a good time.. 

I think I was watching the beautiful south or maybe chas and Dave when I heard that horrid mans voice asking us all to hold hands. I think I remember hearing boos 

5 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

it was a weird day - I did not see it ' But I knew it was taken place ' because all the Bars were asked to stop selling for 20 minuets or so ' - this did not go down well with the Customers - I am sure there was notices up warning Customers - the bar will be closed at such and such a time - if you recall it was so that he could bang on about Live 8 concert {2 July 2005}. its the only time I can recall the Bars being closed over a stage announcement .My Team was in a bar close to the Pyramid so we did hear part of it.

Yes old son that was it.. Christ I didn't know that the bars stopped selling drinks.. That godself has a lot to answer for I bet when he was a lad back in the day he would have gone mad if some idiot wanted everyone to stop drinking and smoking and shit and just hold hands.. As bad as bonio and his drivel.. 

9 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Yes old son that was it.. Christ I didn't know that the bars stopped selling drinks.. That godself has a lot to answer for I bet when he was a lad back in the day he would have gone mad if some idiot wanted everyone to stop drinking and smoking and shit and just hold hands.. As bad as bonio and his drivel.. 

The man is a monumental bell end right enough. 

19 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Wtf is all this? What time of day was it? I've no recollection of it whatsoever

You was probably pissed old son.. Don't worry yourself about it you'll only get the hump lol. 

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Wtf is all this? What time of day was it? I've no recollection of it whatsoever

As far as memory goes it was early afternoon { say about 2pm/3pm or close }

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

he was also banging on about the G8 summit in Gleneagles - We had a extra briefing when we started so the WBC knew about it about just before the bars were due to open { so say 11am or just before }

it was not say 14.00 or 15.00 - it was something weird say at 14.08 or 15.08 - the note did the explain why they picked that exact time.

I had great fun telling the Customers ' don't blame us - blame Bob Geldof '

Now as to what they thought was going to happen - I think they thought people would rush to the Pyramid but I did not see many rushing.

the only other time I have seen that happen was at Reading when Oasis played - My Team was working in the Guest bar and  Oasis had a clause that stated the guest Bar would be closed for 15 minuets before they went on until the end of their performance 

Now in that case we were all in favour as we got to see their full act but I know  the Guests were not chuffed. 

30 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

As far as memory goes it was early afternoon { say about 2pm/3pm or close }

he was also banging on about the G8 summit in Gleneagles - We had a extra briefing when we started so the WBC knew about it about just before the bars were due to open { so say 11am or just before }

it was not say 14.00 or 15.00 - it was something weird say at 14.08 or 15.08 - the note did the explain why they picked that exact time.

I had great fun telling the Customers ' don't blame us - blame Bob Geldof '

Now as to what they thought was going to happen - I think they thought people would rush to the Pyramid but I did not see many rushing.

the only other time I have seen that happen was at Reading when Oasis played - My Team was working in the Guest bar and  Oasis had a clause that stated the guest Bar would be closed for 15 minuets before they went on until the end of their performance 

Now in that case we were all in favour as we got to see their full act but I know  the Guests were not chuffed. 

Ha ha I think most people were walking away old son. 

Edited by guypjfreak

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Ha ha I think most people were walking away old son. 

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Running away, surely?

and that was before we knew about his tax affairs 

"Land Registry documents show that Geldof's luxury apartment in Battersea, South London, is owned by a company called Quiet Ventures, while Davington Priory, a mansion near Faversham, Kent, is owned by Bandol Holdings. Both companies are registered in the British Virgin Islands and have London contact addresses linked to Geldof's accountants, O.J. Kilkenny. As Geldof is a non-domiciled taxpayer, it means the houses - together worth an estimated £4m - would avoid the normal inheritance tax of 40%, or £1.6m."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/band-aid-30-bob-geldof-interview-cut-after-singer-swears-in-response-to-suggestion-band-aid-singers-9865709.html