Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

35 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

A lot of suitable acts for BKS at Primavera Sound:

Possible third headliners: Aphex Twin, The XX, Frank Ocean

Other acts: Solange, Mac DeMarco, Run The Jewels, Skepta, Metronomy, Flying Lotus, Death Grips, Descendents, Angel Olsen, Teenage Fanclub, Broken Social Scene, Swans, Saint Etienne, Afghan Whigs, Shellac,.....

etc, etc. There's loads that could play. King Gizzard are a million percent for BKS, of that I'm sure. I hope we get Saint Etienne, one of the best bands I saw this summer.

I think we could be very lucky and have the pick of the best stuff at PS, Vida, BBK and Sonar. There's not really another festival like BKS in Holland at the time, apart from Down the Rabbit Hole and only really Lowlands a couple of months later which probably won't share bands. If we get the likes of Fleet Foxes, Justice, Flaming Lips and the XX, all of which are at different Spanish festivals around the same time, we could be in for one of the line ups of the summer.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Duncan1234 said:

You guys have got me hyped for the lineup announcements. 

Loads of fantastic possibilities for the third headliner and the rest of the lineup aswell. 

Great thing is we're safe in the knowledge that it'll be a gem of a line up with the 2 headliners announced already and we know there's already some fantastic acts available. I'm pretty confident that Flaming Lips and King Giz will play. The XX playing is dependent on whether they headline Pukkelpop again which means they'll probably headline Lowlands too, ruling them out of BKS.

Bring on the announcements...

Both announcements were on friday, so let's hope for tomorrow.

Furthermore other festivals of June/July have already announced lots of acts, BKS is the the only one I think with only 2 headliners and nothing else. 

33 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Both announcements were on friday, so let's hope for tomorrow.

Furthermore other festivals of June/July have already announced lots of acts, BKS is the the only one I think with only 2 headliners and nothing else. 

Think I'm correct saying that: Bravalla, Eurockenees, Down The Rabbit Hole, Melt - no announcements yet. InMusic only Arcade Fire, Dour only Die Antwoord.

16 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Think I'm correct saying that: Bravalla, Eurockenees, Down The Rabbit Hole, Melt - no announcements yet. InMusic only Arcade Fire, Dour only Die Antwoord.

Yeah you're right, I mean most of the festivals (Rock Werchter, Mainsquare, Sonar, Primavera, Bilbao, Pohoda, Fib, Roskilde, Northside, Southside, Nova Rock, Open'er, Nos Alive, Mad Cool etc etc) ;) 

Potential headliners not mentioned so far?.

The Cure, Tame Impala, LCD - all of whom's tours seem to be winding down. Add the Chems to that list but not exactly a BKS type artist

Strokes - too much money probably but yes fucking please.

Morrissey - good fit, cheaper 3rd headliner.

Kings of Leon - very much doubt it but you never know.

Muse - most likely in the US

Vampire Weekend - not on tour yet but should be around hopefully

Snow Patrol - please god, no.

Bjork - who knows with Bjork, always prone to doing the odd show here and there.

New Order - Maybe not big enough but would certainly please a few, me included. That would be 3 headliners who have been going 15+years each so maybe they'll go for someone fresher.

PJ Harvey - not for me but fits the bill

Stone Roses - are available but playing Wembley the day after - very unlikely.

Moby - bit of a curveball but I'd be up for dancing to 'Go'

Can't think of anyone else unless Pulp made a return, which I can't see happening.

12 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

I think I am more interested in the undercard now 

Love to see Kevin Morby, Whitney and Hamilton 

Think Grandaddy will play 

Also, could The National play?

The National won't tour this summer, per Primavera's Gabi Ruiz. In 2018.

Edited by Orens

20 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

I think I am more interested in the undercard now 

Love to see Kevin Morby, Whitney and Hamilton 

Think Grandaddy will play 

Also, could The National play?

Doubtful due to Eaux Claires, one of the Nationals members festival on the same weekend.

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/12/fleet-foxes-confirm-touring-plans-for-2017/

Fleet Foxes in Eu in July (no June :( ), but who knows...

I'm not a fan and I don't know them at all but I see lots of people in this forum love Fleet Foxes :) 

I think they'll be around in June, at least for Glastonbury I would imagine, unless they do Latitude instead, which is entirely possible.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Some additions for Hurricane/Southside

Die Antwoord | Imagine Dragons | Alt-J | Mando Diao | Rancid | SDP | Jimmy Eat World | Gogol Bordello | Bilderbuch | Milky Chance | Kontra K | 257ers | Danko Jones | Xavier Rudd | Callejon | SSIO | Archive | Frittenbude | OK Kid | Seasick Steve | Heisskalt | Me First & The Gimme Gimmes | Die Kassierer | Antilopen Gang | Neonschwarz | SXTN | Disco Ensemble | The King Blues | Nothing But Thieves | The Smith Street Band | Skinny Lister | Highly Suspect | Alex Mofa Gang | K. Flay | Pictures | Drunken Masters

What would we expect?

I'd like Die Antwoord, Rancid and Me First And The Gimme Gimmies and nothing else.

My Field Day favorites for BKS: Aphex Twin, Moderat, SURVIVE, Flying Lotus, Death Grips, Nicolas Jaar, Omar Souleyman, King Gizzard & TLW, Whitney, Kevin Morby

From the Hurricane announcement the only acts I'd like to see are Archive, Me First And The Gimme Gimmes, and Xavier Rudd. Due to FKP's involvement in BKS I expect more shared acts (like Alt-J, Seasick Steve, Maximo Park, Skinny Lister).

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Agreed, with the exception of Seasick Steve. 

That's an awful line up.

Have you ever seen Frank Turner, Gogol Bordello and Flogging Molly on stage ?? It's not awful at all. It's wonderful.

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Hopefully they'll go big with the 3rd headliner now they've got the readies upfront for the 2 days ticket sales.

I think the price increase of tickets (approx 50€) means more money for the lineup.

Now the ticket price is about the same of others big 3days festivals (but with a third of people less).

So my conclusion is: more money = better bands (or at least bigger). :)