Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

2 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

The xx announce an European tour in feb/march (incl Netherlands).

Could they be considered ruled out for summer festivals?

I don't think they'll be back in the same places few months after.

Don't think it'll be an issue. they'd headline BKS which will sell out anyway because of the other 2 bands. if they're at RW they'll be a sub so won't really matter. 

Of course they could be back at the band end of summer and play Lowlands and Pukkelpop but I still see them at BKS, although it may be a bit of a budget blowing set of headliners especially compared to last year. Fleet Foxes could well be the third headliner too.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Don't think it'll be an issue. they'd headline BKS which will sell out anyway because of the other 2 bands. if they're at RW they'll be a sub so won't really matter. 

Of course they could be back at the band end of summer and play Lowlands and Pukkelpop but I still see them at BKS, although it may be a bit of a budget blowing set of headliners especially compared to last year. Fleet Foxes could well be the third headliner too.

Hmm, thinking about it a bit more it would be a bit of a risk to have them play a 5000 capacity venue 4 months beforehand.

I'll go Fleet Foxes or Flaming Lips as the 3rd headliner.

5 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Hmm, thinking about it a bit more it would be a bit of a risk to have them play a 5000 capacity venue 4 months beforehand.

I'll go Fleet Foxes or Flaming Lips as the 3rd headliner.

Flaming Lips would be more than amazing, but my guess is The XX (they are booked by Friendly Fire who is the BKS promoter).

Fleet Foxes would fit perfectly, but probably not as headliner.

A dream would come true if they'd get Kendrick Lamar as third headliner (also booked by Friendly Fire), but he hasn't announced any dates yet and such a big hip hop artist might be too expensive, just to show off BKS's diversity (in the past they booked hip hop acts like A$AP Rocky and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, therefor it's not TOTALLY unrealistic). ;)

Even if RH and AF take up heaps of the budget, headliners like Fleet Foxes or Flaming Lips would be awfully small. We're talking about a festival that managed to put acts like Portishead, Beach House and Wilco on their second stage. 

The last headliner should probably be searched in the price category of acts like Moderat, Foals and Vampire Weekend. 

7 minutes ago, pryce said:

Alt J as 3rd headliner? big enough in Netherlands?

They were headliner in 2015, don't know how big they're now but it seems that the festival has taken a different direction (bigger names) - maybe this is what I'm hoping :) -

Anyway Alt-j is not my favourite band, I'd prefer others.

4 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

See you there then :-)

Ibis it is for us at the moment, hoping something comes up closer to the centre of Tilburg

Yeah, the Ibis if fine, but not very central.

We're in the Mercure, but I booked it months ago at a good rate. Think it's either full now or very pricey. The City Hotel over the road had rooms last I looked, but the room rates there were getting ridiculous too. Other than those two there aren't many options in central Tilburg. Maybe Airbnb?

Tickets bought!!!!

I'm really excited.

I had problem with group ticket, we're in 10 and we'd like to have the group promotion for have 1 ticket for free.

I tried to book 6+4 and then 5+5 tickets but the price was the same (and still no free tickets).

so I bought 5+5 (all tickets are nominative) and no free ticket (at the moment :) )

I wrote an email to BKS, let's see what they tell me.

28 minutes ago, arteet said:

Weekend tickets without camping seem to be gone.

Still get camping tickets.

Tickets without camping are available again. They all got reserved almost immediately, probably by robots, but they only stayed that way for 20 minutes and all the ones that weren't actually physically sold have been released for sale again.

37 minutes ago, Duncan1234 said:

Hmm

thought it was Monday and I've left it late to organise ticket buying. 

Need to get down the bank! Hope these don't go too fast. 

Edit: From another look it looks like Sunday and weekend tickets are gone?

damn

somewhere else it is!

Latest message on the BKS website says keep trying: there are some Sunday tickets that are only 'reserved' and they may become available again if they aren't paid for within 20 minutes.

8 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Tickets bought!!!!

I'm really excited.

I had problem with group ticket, we're in 10 and we'd like to have the group promotion for have 1 ticket for free.

I tried to book 6+4 and then 5+5 tickets but the price was the same (and still no free tickets).

so I bought 5+5 (all tickets are nominative) and no free ticket (at the moment :) )

I wrote an email to BKS, let's see what they tell me.

The group tickets with 1 for free were a seperate selection on the site, but they were sold out within a minute...